2006 Cadillac SRX

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4x2 shown

Overall

Bernie

by Bernie from ND | November 27, 2013

So many little things go wrong the radio and CD changer quit working The hand pulls pull out the signallights takes two hours to fix, you have to take off the front tires.

Pretty Good Car

by Unexpected from Boston, MA | December 15, 2011

This is a very good car. We have a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD and it's been great to us. It only has 69,000 miles on it, but those miles have been majorly highway. We have all the options on it Xenon lights, the ultraview plus roof, the navigation/bose package, power third row seat, and the 18" chrome wheels. There is no option we don't have. It was my grandfather's vehicle before he passed, and then my grandmother gave it to my father and we use it on an everyday basis. A big improvement over a 1999 Toyota Camry lol. The only slight quibbles I have over the car is the way the Navigation system looks. It looks like it was created by fisher price. The ride could be smoother for a Caddy, but I will take that compromise any day, because the car handles great and the 18" chrome wheels look great. Also, the second row seats are a bit hard, but they have great room, and the third row seat has decent leg room if you get the second row occupants to move up a bit. The 3.6L V6 makes 260 horsepower and 252lb/ft of torque and is mated to a 5 speed automatic and then through all four wheels on our car, and it's a fantastic power train. Great compromise on fuel economy and performance. I've driven the northstar equipped caddy srx and it doesn't have much better pep but much worse fuel economy. Overall a good vehicle. Would recommend to anyone.

Neatest car I have ever owned.

by XLR enthusiast from Leesburg, Florida | November 29, 2011

I traded a 2002 Corvette convertible for this car. This XLR is the only car I have seen that I would have traded that car for. It gives me the same performance, but with 100% more comfort and smooth ride. I also like the retractable hard top.

Beautiful Ride

by Sad to see it go. from Indiana | August 28, 2011

The 2006 SRX is an overall dream machine. All senses satisfied with this vehicle. Great performance, handles like a car with all of the plus's of a crossover. We sold ours but we will definitely be SRX owners again.

by New Cadillac Fan

by Great Crossover, New Cadillac Fan from Oklahoma | April 6, 2011

Never thought that we would own a Cadillac. This vehicle has me sold. The V6 engine has a surprising amount of power. Gas mileage isn't that great, but somethings are worth the comfort and style compromise. We enjoy the comfort of the ride and the creature features. I would like alittle more wood grain trim inside and maybe a light in the glove box, but hey these are just little things. Mechanically it is just sound with very little maintenance.

Great Used Car Find

by Caddy Boy from Houston, TX | August 24, 2010

I had been looking for a used Cadillac SRX for several years. I was checking all the usual places and people kept asking me, "What exactly are you looking for?" My reply was, "I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it." I saw this Cadillac for less than 20K and only had 12K miles. That's about a half-price car! It was for sale by a new/used car dealer in Atlanta. I cashed in AmEx points for a plane ticket from Houston to Atlanta. The salesman met me at the airport with the car. I drove the car home. Haven't had ANY problem with it. It exceeds all my expectations. It's the six cyl version, but has everything I need.

Good Comfort

by Family Man from SC | January 18, 2009

Excellent Car, Has A lot of Space. Would Recommend this to a friend. Very good features. My family loves this crossover

A Cut Above the Rest

by Nole fan from Tallahassee, FL | January 22, 2007

Best driving, handling, and looking car that i have owned. Interior finish and design doesn't measure up to the rest of the car. A friend recently purchased a 2007 model and interior has been significantly upgraded. . I like the size and design of this car, and hope cadillac will continue to tweak the details. I have had no mechanical problems thus far; car now has 6800 miles on the odometer.

Disappointing

by Getting Older from Wisconsin | January 8, 2007

Expected a smooth, quiet ride..it isn't especially rough or noisy, but not as good as others supposedly in its' class (Lexus, Infiniti). Creature comforts lacking too - I'd expect lights in the glove box and console (like I had in my Buick Rendezvous) but they're not there. Feels more like a budget approach than luxury.

Pretty decent experience

by Bill from Ann Arbor, MI | November 18, 2006

I bought one of the first SRX's and it has been pretty good. GM offers a Cadillac loaner for all warrenty service, that's nice. It did not need much service, but a couple of nagging problems. The key gets locked in the ignition and won't come out, the front end was noisy and the dealer really resisted fixing it. Perhaps the newers models don't do this. Big thing though- the large sunroof seems really cool. But, after a bit of use it can be VERY squeaky because it is so large. They don't really seem to be able to deal with the noise in service. So, I would caution against getting sold on that feature.