2009 Cadillac SRX

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4x2 shown

Overall

Surprising find

by Crenshaw from Eastlake, Oh | May 12, 2014

My first time pursuing a car thru this site and I found what I wanted....the 2009 Cadillac SRX. I prefer this body style over the newer ones because of the space needed. Wished I had purchased this make of car years ago. Other than the poor gas milage, as excepted, I love the performance. Once the youngsters are up and out, I'll highly consider switching to the newer model. The dealership that had the car was wonderful and took great care of me. Make sure you do all of your homework when going the internet route.

Roomy & Powerful

by PadreRates from Reno, NV | March 23, 2013

Just so you know: this is our 3rd SRX with this styling. The first was a lease and we purchased a V6 after the lease was up. We now live in a region with snow and more hills to climb and I opted to stay with the style and roominess of the 2009 over newer SRX's and everything else. We now have AWD that makes going up and down our hill in the snow very much more comfortable and the V8 passes like a dream. I would like better gas mileage but this auto provides everything else we need. Our adult daughters know that we recommend this car to anyone that likes to keep all passengers riding in style and comfort.

The best car for the purpose and comfort

by Butchdigs from Wilmington, NC | June 13, 2012

We own a funeral home and wanted to expand our lead car fleet. We found that the 2009 SRX was idea for this purpose in that it was much roomier than the new versions of the SRX and the ease of using the third row seating surpassed the Escalade since all you had to do was push a button to fold down the seats and not lug the heavy third row out each time we had to use it. Then the styling was was a perfect match for our fleet of Cadillacs and was quite impressive "off-duty"!

All sizzle, no steak

by Wolfgang4short from L.I., NY | June 1, 2011

No question the 2009 Caddy SRX is stylish, with good fit and finish, but beauty is only skin deep. V-6 engine too small for car, poor performance, interior cabin has very poor sound isolation, road noise is with you at all times. The ride is poor, with shocks sounding as though they hit bottom of even small bumps. Been buying and owning cars for over fifty years, of every make and type, and for the price and brand name this is a clunker. I gave up a yukon that weighed 1000 lbs more, 6" wider, 2 more cylinders, and gained 1 1/2 mpg. Duh. I got snookered- They lost a very loyal customer.

Super Car

by Black Cherry from Cadillac, Michigan | November 17, 2010

If I had purchased a Cadillac before now, I probably would not have gone through so many cars in the past. Great car, nice features, AWD and NAVI is super. Would not recomend the third seat however unless you have small children. No adult could fit in it for very long and is taking up valuable space.

2009 SRX

by halo from Fl | January 29, 2010

Xlent crossover/wonderful comfortable ride/reasonable gas milage/easy entrance,exit/great appointments inside/stands out-doesn't "look" like all other crossovers ie Lexus,2010 Caddy Srx,Nissan,etc.---This is a really fun,functional,family vehicle that pays you back in safety,security,and comfort whcih is worth every cent you pay for it....

Best winter driver I've owned

by Grob from Gananoque, Canada | January 28, 2010

Pros - handling, traction, comfort. Sitting in the 2010 SRX I almost couldn't see out the back at all. Opted to buy this 2009 low mileage AWD SRX with the 3.6 V6 and am very happy after a month. With traction control humming away, it walked up my steep snowbound driveway hill effortlessly (previously owned AWD Safari and Astro vans which were also good, but not this good in the traction department). SRX is luxuriously comfortable, quick and confidence-inspiring on the road. Mileage is good compared to the vans. Sport shift is fun but rarely used after the first two weeks - the 5 speed auto is seamless. Will be used daily by my wife and on vacation trips. Cons - upper heater/AC vent controls seem weak and "plasticky" for an otherwise quality vehicle.

Front Grill

by Issues from Evansville, IN | July 8, 2009

The front grill has significant holes that allow rocks/objects to come through and hit the A/C condenser. GM does not cover this under their warranty. Estimated cost for repair is $850. Other than that issue this SRX is outstanding (all the bells and whistles).

Awesome Crossover

by caddyfan from Victoria, B.C., Canada | January 26, 2009

I have owned this vehicle for 2.5 years having bought it with 20,000 miles on it. It now has 45,000 miles. It averages 21 mpg on regular gas on highway and about 13 mpg in the city. It has the Northstar V8 with 320 hp and AWD. We have a 5 mile hill going up a mountain side leaving Victoria and this Cadillac is unbelievable. It is very powerful and handles like a sports car. In town it is very civilized and easy to park. My wife owns a Cadillac Seville but prefers the SRX if she is on the road by herself. We had quite a bit of snow this Christmas and the AWD was amazing. We also have magnetic ride control and xenon headlights. If you do choose an SRX go for the gusto and buy a loaded one particularly with the Northstar engine. We travel to California each year and really look forward to our trip in the SRX. It hold plenty of cargo which pleases my wife who won't go past a Costco or Ross store without stopping. I would recommend it to anyone but particularly if bought used. I paid $32,000 Canadian in 2006 for this car which sold as equipped in Victoria for $76,000 new. It is currently worth $20,000. I have only changed the oil and had to replace one cylinder ignition coil. Otherwise the SRX has been trouble free. I do have an extended warranty which cost $1900 but due to the high cost of possible repairs I considered this a good choice.