2012 Cadillac SRX

See Photos & Videos

Overall

What's not to love?

by FG III from Denver, CO | February 3, 2014

My wife and I did our research for about six months. We drove everything close to this class/style of vehicle, the Mercedes Benz M350, Lexus RX 350, Infinity FX35, Lincoln MKX, a really decked out Hyundai Santa Fe (maybe not the same class of vehicle but we have had good luck with Hyundai in the past) and the Acura MDX/RDX. My primary criteria for purchasing a vehicle was how the vehicle 'drove' as opposed to the electronics or other features of the car. The standard I was holding myself to was the drive and feel of the Mercedes Benz M350, which I thought was outstanding. When we drove the Cadillac SRX my impression was that it drove as well, if not better than, the Mercedes Benz. Now being an owner of a 2012 SRX Performance I am even more impressed. It is a pure joy to drive. The 2012 is adequately powered, rides like a dream, and has the perfect balance of luxurious smoothness with very confident handling. This is my first Cadillac and I am so happy to be driving an essentially American crafted product (I say essentially because I believe some of the SRX is manufactured in Mexico - that is fine with me!). Honestly, a car has never really made me feel the way this Cadillac does. I feel a sense of dignity, pride in craftsmanship, and tastefulness when driving this car. It also makes me and my family feel safe. And yes I know this is not the most eco-conscious class of car to be driving, but when they improve upon this in the future, I will certainly be a customer!

Poor

by fjm from Georgetown, Tx | November 3, 2013

We must of bought the only SRX with problems. I have had this car for 2 years. The first 60 days the Nav system went out and had to be replaced, in shop 2 weeks. Then the gas tank had a problem and had to be replaced, in shop 1 week. The A/C went out after 1 yr and had to be fixed, in shop 1 wk +. This is our 4th Cad, the last one 80,000 miles and never a problem.

Srx new wave of the Cadillac

by Vintage car nut from Greenwood Indiana | October 10, 2013

The moon roof everyone has the front row. The style the design the handling the smooth ride Cadillac is known for. My wife is even very happy this is probably the best car we have ever owned and we have had some very good cars.

2012 Cadillac SRX AWD Performance

by 4Rfun2 from Hannibal MO | July 4, 2013

We purchased a 2012 SRX AWD with 6000 miles. The exterior is beautiful. The interior is not what I would consider Cadillac quality. There isn't much wood grain and the leather is not a good quality leather. The Suv handles well and is fun to drive. The navigation system is easy to use and the back up camera is very sensitive and has a clear picture. The stereo system with Bose speakers sounds great. The sunroof is huge and is a nice feature. I would recommend the Premium model over the performance model since it would include ventilated front seats and heated outboard rear seats. Our previous Cadillac CTS AWD had a better looking interior.

great car

by rose from tampa. fl | March 26, 2013

we bought the SRX a month ago and really love it. everything is so perfect. the only drawback I can see is the car has some major blindspots so we have to be cautious. but other than that i really feels luxurious.

srx

by daycare from iowa | December 19, 2012

Great car, wife loves it. We use it everyday and haul our grandkids. It is a really sporty and is lots of fun to drive

retiredr

by Mike from palm desert,CA | December 14, 2012

appearance of car is sleek. unique body shape. put together soundly, no awkward sheet metal fits. Plenty of power, apparently same engine used on larger Cadillac models. Easy shifting positions. Easy seat positioning. My first Cadillac..so far so good.

Caddy SRX is almost awesome

by Sinbad from Portsmouth, New Hampshire | December 10, 2012

I have owned my Caddy SRX for a month now, and I think it's awesome overall. I love the new electronics features, like keyless ignition, and I love almost everything about it. My complaints below are really minor. The only negatives are not specific to this particular model, but they are there, so I give it a 4 instead of a 5 overall. Probably should be 4.8. One problem is the GPS system. It doesn't always take me to the right place, but I supposed that is true for all of them. I can't program it while my wife drives the car, or vice versa. This is just plain stupid -- too much nanny state big brother save you from yourself nonsense. And sometimes my wife forgets to put it in park, but since there is no key interlock, she can leave the car in that state. She comes into the restaurant and says, "It won't lock, so I left it unlocked." Good thing the parking lot was just level enough... It would be better if they did not allow the engine to be stopped. I don't think she would leave it with the engine running, but ... well, who knows. I'm not sure the roof rack and the big sun roof really go together. I'm afraid to put much of anything up there unless it can span the rails and not sit on the glass. All that said, overall I still love the car, even the price! I would definitely do it again, and would recommend it to anyone.

1st new car without any defects

by Corvetteman from Milford, DE | December 5, 2012

I purchased a new 2012 SRX. It has a very comfortable ride which is in my opinion, better than a comparable Mercedes Benz. The vehicle has had no defects from the factory. Performance is very good and it does not require premium fuel. Anything but the base model are very well equipped. Overall a very good value in the premium small SUV field. Previous years were noted to have been under powered. The 2012-2013 models have resolved this. My wife and I are very pleased.

Wonderful Vehicle

by Cougar Man from Fishers,IN | November 23, 2012

Very comfortable and quiet ride. Plenty of power when needed. The Bose Sound System is amazing. Would definitely recommend.

Uses car for Towing