2012 Cadillac SRX
Starting MSRP $35,985–$49,585
The SRX is a midsize five-seat crossover built on a front-wheel-drive platform. All-wheel drive is optional. Competitors include the Acura MDX, Lexus RX and Lincoln MKX.
New for 2012
A new 308-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 with direct injection becomes the standard engine, replacing a 3.0-liter V-6. Bluetooth connectivity is standard, and door-lock switches have been added to the door panels.
The SRX bears a resemblance to the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon. The roofline slopes downward as the belt line rises, resulting in side windows that narrow to a squint by the time they end at the rearmost pillars. Cadillac has long used vertical taillights as homage to the tail-finned designs of the 1950s, but the SRX's taillight lenses rise in a peak to form little three-dimensional tailfins. Exterior features include:
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Available 20-inch wheels
- Standard heated power side mirrors
- Available power liftgate
The SRX's interior quality is as big a jump from the previous generation as was the current CTS' interior. The five-passenger SRX's design now emulates that sedan, complete with an optional navigation touch-screen that rises from the dashboard. The materials are much improved, and the gauge lighting is top-notch.
The backseat accommodates three passengers and has a 60/40-split folding backseat that extends the cargo area forward when down. Interior features include:
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Optional heated steering wheel
- Optional hard drive-based music storage
- Optional backseat entertainment system
Under the Hood
A new 3.6-liter V-6 with direct injection is standard for 2012. It works with a six-speed automatic transmission that includes a driver-selectable Eco mode that changes shift points for better fuel economy. Mechanical features include:
- Standard 308-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 with 265 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel drive; optional all-wheel drive
- V-6 uses regular gas
The SRX has side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags. Other safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- OnStar with automatic crash notification (subscription required after one year)
- Available adaptive headlights that swivel in direction of turn
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Cadillac SRX
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.