The SRX is a midsize five-seat crossover built on a front-wheel-drive platform. All-wheel drive is optional. Competitors include the Acura MDX, Lexus RX and Lincoln MKX.
New for 2012
A new 308-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 with direct injection becomes the standard engine, replacing a 3.0-liter V-6. Bluetooth connectivity is standard, and door-lock switches have been added to the door panels.
The SRX bears a resemblance to the Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon. The roofline slopes downward as the belt line rises, resulting in side windows that narrow to a squint by the time they end at the rearmost pillars. Cadillac has long used vertical taillights as homage to the tail-finned designs of the 1950s, but the SRX's taillight lenses rise in a peak to form little three-dimensional tailfins. Exterior features include:
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Available 20-inch wheels
- Standard heated power side mirrors
- Available power liftgate
The SRX's interior quality is as big a jump from the previous generation as was the current CTS' interior. The five-passenger SRX's design now emulates that sedan, complete with an optional navigation touch-screen that rises from the dashboard. The materials are much improved, and the gauge lighting is top-notch.
The backseat accommodates three passengers and has a 60/40-split folding backseat that extends the cargo area forward when down. Interior features include:
- Standard Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Optional heated steering wheel
- Optional hard drive-based music storage
- Optional backseat entertainment system
Under the Hood
A new 3.6-liter V-6 with direct injection is standard for 2012. It works with a six-speed automatic transmission that includes a driver-selectable Eco mode that changes shift points for better fuel economy. Mechanical features include:
- Standard 308-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 with 265 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel drive; optional all-wheel drive
- V-6 uses regular gas
The SRX has side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags. Other safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- OnStar with automatic crash notification (subscription required after one year)
- Available adaptive headlights that swivel in direction of turn
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Cadillac SRX.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range