See Also: 2009 Cadillac STS

13 city / 19 hwy

Overall

Luxury Cadillac

by V-8 Bob from Olympia, WA | December 29, 2012

This is my first luxury car. It is the Platinum Edition meaning it has all the bells and whistles, 40 by my rough count. Two examples are a heated steering wheel and air conditioned front seats (in addition to heated). It also has radar front, sides and rear that do more for me than I can explain here. The only negative is that I expect more repairs as there are more things to wear out. I guess that I will have to pay for the luxury. I'm not disappointed.

Fast and Fun v8

by KipCars from Ft. Lauderdale, FL | July 4, 2011

Bought used. Mine is pretty loaded up. Has a rare windows-up option when you hold the remote lock down. But will not close the sunroof. The V8 sounds great on acceleration, powerful. I test drove a 6.4 GTO and the STS was faster, I timed 0 to 100 and the Caddy beat the GTO ! I was looking for another Town Car when I heard a Cadillac ad on the radio. I was not aware that Cadillac still had RWD nor did they turn the corner to performance. The test drive was th clincher. It's fast and sturdy feeling, not mushy and week like my previous Sedan Deville. The Nav is complicated. My AM radio has a problem when the rear defroster is on, the volume cuts out and reception is weak, pokey due to the intergrated antenna. Dealer can't find a solution and expects me to live with it. The car does perform though, it moves out. Turn off the traction control and it burns rubber pretty good. Heated seats are quick to get hot. No cigarette lighter, just a power slot. DVDs will play on the NAV screen while stopped, audio only when moving. Satellite radio got me hooked, never expected that. Channel 21, Underground Garage. Power sunroof is nice. Steering wheel and interior has quality looking wood trim and plenty of it. I have 5 cars for personal use and fun from hot rods to the Town Car. This Caddy fits right in. The great ride and handling, with the powerful engine and fast transmission, makes this car a bargain (pre owned). This one was $60K new, I paid $32K two years to the day after the first owner bought it new. My regret is I that I didn't consider a lease so I could get a new one. Seems like there are lots of V6s around, which I do not want. The pearl paint is of real nice quality, smooth as glass, no orange peel like I have seen on many new cars. I have driven Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, they do not turn me on like this car does.

Good daily driver

by daily driver from Windsor Ontario | November 29, 2010

A nice updated vehicle, but smaller than DHS I had before. Firmer ride, could use a bit of softening. Magnetic Ride a definite option to consider on these of you want a comfy ride. awd uses a bit more gas, similar to older v8 - worth investment for safety in snow belt. Nice change but nothing earth shattering, will drive for a couple years and look forward to new caddy coming soon! Only option that the car should have is a rear park camera so you can see , rear is high and difficult to judge.

Great deal compared to comparable cars

by Luxury Car Bargain Hunter from Connecticut | October 7, 2010

Bought this vehicle about 2 months ago used with about 24,000 miles on it. STS's are not as popular as the CTS among Cadillacs so they are cheaper to buy used even though the same vehicles will differ in price by over $10K if bought new. I bought the V6 AWD, after driving both a V6 and V8 AWD. The acceleration was not much different between the two and the horsepower is within 20 of each other, so I decided on the V6 because of the huge difference in fuel economy. I will say that the V6 is louder than the V8, when you really accelerate hard, but under normal driving there is no difference in engine noise. Great family car, with plenty of room for two kids in the back seat and ample trunk space for weekend or week long trips with luggage for 4. Quiet ride, with good steering feel, and soft but still reasonably responsive suspension. Beautiful interior with fully adjustable heated and cooled seats front seats and heated rear seats. Nav is a little bit difficult to figure out at first, and blue tooth phone is a little echo-y but serviceable. Not happy with the voice recognition software. Pales in comparison to the Sync system I have in my Ford. The big selling point for me is Cadillac's 6 year or 100,000 mile warranty on nearly every component of the vehicle from the original in-service date. Means that I get a near bumper-to-bumper warranty for 4 years or 76,000 miles. I previously owned a used CPO Cadillac SRX, so I can attest that there really are no strings attached to their warranty claims. When comparing the price, options, and warranty of used STS, I couldn't find a better overall deal out there. I would highly recommend checking out a Certified Pre-Owned STS.

Good looking JUNK

by Joseph N, from Laguna Beach,California | September 23, 2010

These are Great looking cars,.. but Just Unreliable JUNK,...look at ALL the Complaints & Honest reviews,.. do not Throw your Hard Cash away on this "LOOKER"... unless you need a Planter and want to make the cadillac dealership RICH..!,,, want a car that will Last Buy any Mercedes 560 !,....end of Story !......

had it 2 weeks

by big daddy from RETIRED IN SEATTLE | April 10, 2010

Caddy is great to drive as are all Caddies- instruments are hard to figure out, just need a few weeks to get them down and programed in. Road noise is a lot more noticeable in the STS, could be the tires. I had a 2000 Sedan Deville and it was much quieter inside, So far this one seems like a very drveable car and would make a good road car. Hope the gas milage is good as or better than my last 2 Devilles. I Got 22MPG on my 87 Deville and 2000 Deville.

Initial Reaction - 2009 STS V8

by hboroguy from Dallas, TX | February 23, 2009

Day 2 with my 2009 STS. I bought this one pre-owned with about 12k miles on the clock, so I think I got a good deal on the price. Pros: Smooth, strong powertrain (V8) Very comfortable seats Plenty of leg & head room in front (I am 6'5") Numerous comfort & convenience features Strong brakes Precise steering Cons: Some truly bewildering controls (Nav system, steering wheel stalks) Tiny glovebox and console Rear headroom looks tight Smallish trunk

Featured Services for this Cadillac STS-V