For 2008, the Cadillac STS sedan underwent one of the more dramatic restylings you're likely to see outside of a complete redesign. The STS features a powerful base engine, a performance option and a variety of high-tech safety options. The STS competes with the Infiniti M, BMW 5-Series and Lincoln MKS.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes to the STS.
(Skip to details on the STS-V)
Similar to the redesigned 2008 CTS' nose, this is one for which the word 'bold' seems inadequate. The bumper is prominent and the grille is dominant. Like it or not, you have to admit that the elements are in proportion, from the plunging grille to the stacked headlights and fog lights. The STS is 196.3 inches in length, making it about 7 inches shorter than the MKS and 4 inches longer than the Infiniti M.
- Rocker-panel moldings
- Small spoiler
- Chrome door handles
- Polished-aluminum dual exhaust tips
- Optional 18-inch wheels
In 2008, STS got some interior improvements -- and it didn't need many. It can have optional wood trim. Real metal trim accents the steering wheel and dashboard. The STS has a total interior volume of 116.7 cubic feet, less than the Infiniti M and Lincoln MKS.
- Head-up display projects vehicle speed and other selectable readouts on the windshield (available on V-6 models)
- Adaptive cruise control and remote-start systems available
- Stereo upgrade features 15 Bose speakers
Under the Hood
The base STS' 3.6-liter V-6 has direct injection and produces 302 horsepower and 272 pounds-feet of torque. It's mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Performance handling package includes Brembo four-piston calipers
- Chrome 18-inch wheels fitted with summer tires
- Performance package only available with V-6, rear-wheel-drive models
- Standard electronic stability system
Safety equipment includes:
The STS-V, a performance V-Series edition, is powered by a supercharged 4.4-liter V-8 that produces 469 hp at 6,400 rpm and 439 pounds-feet of torque at 3,900 rpm. The STS-V can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in less than 5 seconds, Cadillac says. The supercharged Northstar engine teams with a six-speed automatic transmission. The interior is adorned with hand-wrapped leather surfaces, Olive Ash Burl wood appointments and suede fabric seat inserts.
- Polished stainless steel wire-mesh grille
- Brake-cooling ducts
- Larger front and rear stabilizer bars than regular STS models
- 18-inch front wheels, 19-inch rear wheels
Back to top