See Also: 2006 Cadillac XLR

15 city / 22 hwy

Overall

AWESOME RIDE

by Djfire from OKC, OK | August 6, 2013

I have been researching convertibles for about 3 years. Decided I was going to buy the xlr about 6 months ago. Plan to travel so I wanted the hardtop. This vehicle is everything I thought it would be!!!! No road noise that you would get with a rag top and rides like a cadillac!!! It is a large vehicle and feel very safe on the road. Just got back from St. Louis (1200 mile round trip) and averaged 25.4 miles per gallon at 80-85 mph. Never fails to get looked at or get comments. Cadillac only sold about 15000 of these (all years) and they are pretty rare. Picked my 06 up in Los Angeles from Tustin cadillac--they were awesome to work with and even helped me ship the vehicle. If you want a convertible that is unbelievable to look at, performs like a champ and is just plain fun to drive, then this is the one to buy!!!!

The XLR is like no other

by XLR FAN from Mission Viejo, Ca | February 23, 2013

The Cadillac XLR is the best car on the road. I used to be a Corvette fan and owned two of them. I bought a Cadillac Allante and thought that one was cool also, but the XLR is really the best luxury sports car on the highway. No Mercedes or BMW comes close to this car

Finding my XLR

by Robert from Kern County | January 16, 2013

I found what I wanted. Turns out it was much more that I knew I wanted. Price was great and car was better than expected. What a great deal I got out of this search. I would recommend to anyone taking your time and finding what you want with the price you are willing to pay.

Best Luxury Sport car

by Will from Branson, MO. area | September 13, 2012

This car runs and drives fantastic. I bought this car to drive and now with 88,000 miles on it it still looks drives and performs like the day I bought it. It turns heads wherever I go. I'm in my 60's and have a DTS Cadillac but end up driving the XLR most of the time. Don't think I'll ever sell this one. It's such pleasure to drive. Great Car

Best luxury sport car I've ever had

by Mike ex-Corvette guy from Dallas | December 28, 2011

Love the car, one problem in 45,000 miles. Brake pads went out at 40,000. Dealer replaced for free. Not only has the car been exceptional but the dealers have gone way overboard to satisfy me. I once left the car for servicing and they detailed it, not just cleaned it - they detailed it for free. Motor has a little too much grunt for an autoatic if you want to play in the curves, should have a standard. Otherwise this is the best (and most expensive) car I've ever owned. Going back to a Vette in 2012.

Very collectible Cadillacs BEST

by Sonny from Bethlehem | October 17, 2011

Porsche/Corvette/M-B/BMW cannot compete with this car! I have owned them all and none can compete with the handling system, supercharged engine or the LOOKS! By far the best looking! No mechanical issues , no electronic warnings that BMW owns, heating/air systems that are excellent, heads up display that no other competitor offers short of Corrvette.......will also be a collector car. The numbers built are very low and offer great collectibility.

Drop top caddy

by Drop top caddy from Austin TX | April 13, 2011

I bought an 06 Platinum XLR 3 months ago and I love it. It turns heads everywhere I go. I bought it for 30k which is a great value for this rare roadster. I've yet to see another one since I've bought it. I plan on upgrading to a V In a couple of years. I love the interior with the HUD display and the heated/cooled leather seats. The cherry woodgrain looks amazing with the black leather. The 9 Bose speakers and built in nav provide an excellent driving experience with this smooth ride. Depreciation is a wonderful thing when you can afford your dream car. :). As Borat would say "I want car that comes with magnet." (this is the perfect car for a single 29yr old!)

fastest car I've ever owned

by the bear from long beach ca | November 13, 2010

This v series XLR is a dream to drive and has outstanding performance and styling. It truly is a race car wrapped in luxury trappings. Not many were made and I expect it will on day be a much sought after vehicle.

Definite Head Turner

by A Sandoval from Houston, TEXAS | February 14, 2010

Shopped the Mercedes SL500, Porshe 911, and the new Vette... the XLR is the definite value car among this group. With all the features, styling, and a convertible hard top, you just cannot beat the XLR. Three negatives: 1) I would like more space between the steering wheel and the seat, 2) the steering itself is too good, feels very light. I'd like a better feel for the road. 3) XLR itself has no heritage such as the SL class, Vette, or the 911. I purchased the Star Black version, #124 out of 200 made. LOVE this car! This car doesn't come out of the garage unless its a sunny day on the weekend. My only question: does it have timeless beauty and styling as does the SL500? Only time will tell but I have already bet on it! Great job Cadillac.

A head turner

by SBLIT from Gladwyne Pa | June 23, 2009

Looks great, drives great. Creates a lot of excitement wherever I park or drive. A feel good automobile.

Featured Services for this Cadillac XLR-V