2013 Cadillac XTS

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Ultimate Luxury

by plakmt from Chicago, IL | May 30, 2014

Awesome car! Replaced my '04 CTS and a big step up in technology. So much available technology is almost overwhelming but do yourself a favor and take the time to learn the basic operations before hitting the road. I wish it were simpler, but wouldn't give up any of the features to do so.

A Lot of car for the Money

by Chad from Boston, MA | May 25, 2014

All of the reviewers must be 25 years old and love racing around corners in German vehicles. Well this driver loves a smooth luxurious ride, class interior with room to wiggle, and a car that makes a statement. Well the XTS does all those things and at a competitive price. I test drove them all, the German's felt like I had a girdle on, tight seating and lots of power, both 70,000 dollar cars. I could of been driving a VW no one even noticed them. The test drive with the Caddy I got 4 wows is that nice, interesting. I am glad I went for Caddy and really love my Premium XTS4.........

nice car but

by rod from wall,nj | May 22, 2014

Nice car but that dash! to much time pushing, sliding and thinking (what do I do next to work all features). If you have one you would know what im talking about. People want to drive and look at the road, not work a computer.

I own one

by Caddy 4 ever from | April 24, 2014

Very nice riding car....I knew it was a good choice went people driving Mercedes owners would ask what kind of car it was and complimented me on how nice the car looked

Car Purchase

by Bob Russsell from Pentwater MI | April 21, 2014

I highly recommend Dimmitt Cadilac when purchasing an automobile. I have purchased several cars from them and have been extremely satisfied with all of the vehicles. Greg Learn was my consultant and does an excellent job. He makes purchasing a car a pleasurable experience, He was very thorough and professional during the entire process. He is an excellent agent.

It's like flying first class all the way!

by hdgaliath from Los Banos, Ca | February 6, 2014

This is my 7th. Cadilliac I've owned. My first XTS. I love it. I shouldn't have waited a year to get it. "Drives like a Cadi" are words used to discribe many other makes and models. But there is a reason for that. All other vehicles don't even measure up to how nice of a ride this car realy is!

Congratulations GM

by PX4 from DC Suburbs | January 5, 2014

Just purchased my black XTS Sport. I was conflicted about buying a Cadillac since I have owned 4 Mercedes and most recently a BMW since late 1990's. Perception is that this car is for senior citizens and sightings confirm this. Very few young people drive this car, never seen one in fact except limo drivers. I am 57 and probably at the young end of typical purchaser universe. If Cadillac wants to attract a younger demographic they need to think hard about changing this image, car purchases at this price point are at least 50% ego / image driven. If people drive the XTS Sport they are likely to buy it. For me, after driving the new V Sport my impression of the car as a real contender has been cemented. I agree with all of the comments herein about comfort. This point is incontrovertible: The XTS is a very comfortable car, luxurious with many thoughtful convenience features designed to make the driving experience pleasant and relaxing. My BMW was also comfortable and a nice car but was the most poorly designed over engineered vehicle I have ever owned. Silly control placement and interface and the iDrive is just an unnecessarily complex mess. . With the Caddy I can unlock the doors, open the trunk, go from park to reverse, navigate and customize things without uttering “WTH” every two minutes or having to whip out the owner’s manual. The Cadillac is easy and intuitive and not fussy. It is a great relief to drive this car vs. the BMW. Performance is not the reason one will buy the XTS V Sport but it does well enough. The twin turbo is a very, very nice power plant and you can get real fast real quick. It makes nice noises under acceleration and in sport mode the suspension hunkers down and stiffens up noticeably producing a firm feel and less body roll. I wish they would have a suspension only adjustment as the sport mode choice requires paddle shifting with some assistance (the car shifts for you or won’t shift based on speed and RPMs). Nonetheless, it is cumbersome to have to pay attention to the tach. Driving the car under normal conditions is so pleasant I find myself totally satisfied to just enjoy the ride and rarely push it. But, when you do it gets up and goes. The interior is also top drawer. Very tasteful and elegant, well laid out with high quality materials. Fit and finish as good as any car I have owned. The car is roomy and unlike the DTS the back seats are very spacious with plenty of leg room. With four six footers in the family we appreciate this. The accent lighting at night, although nice, is white which was a mistake. I would recommend blue or dark orange as this would be more stylish. This accent looks like a door cracked open to a room with an incandescent light on. The touch controls are temperamental and sometimes just do not respond but with practice they are OK. NOTE TO GM: This needs work. The CUE system gives you access to many cool things and the system is good and relatively easy to learn. The screen is bright and the user interface is sophisticated and powerful but not too complex. The icon based system navigation allows ease of use and the menus are customizable and comprehensive without being complex. The voice activated functionality is excellent. When giving complex vocal commands you will be amazed at the accuracy of the system. I like the look of the car but, as with many others the color is important. I got Raven Black and although it looks like a limo the car is beautiful in this color and other dark choices. BTW - Is there anything wrong with looking like a limo? From certain angles the car looks much better than other angles. The full side view is least pleasing with the rear quarter view, showing the cars ample rear end, and very cool LED lights, being the best. From the front, especially with lights on the car is very impressive as the geometry of the grille and headlight assembly is optically very attractive. Overall I am pleased with the XTS and despite comparisons with the 5 series and E class I think this is more fairly compared to 7 series and S class. Price was not an issue for me so although the German cars are very nice the Caddy was my choice and I am happy with it.

Needs more comfortable seats

by BuyAmerican from scw az | December 21, 2013

The human back is not in a "V" shape. The same goes for the seat cushion. I wish I still had my 1954 Ford.

superb

by eande from East Central illinois | November 27, 2013

I've owned many luxury sedans in my lifetime, including Lincoln, Cadillac, Jaguar, and Mercedes. My preferences usually steered me away from Cadillac until recently. But the minute I saw the new XTS I was in love. This car is exquisitely designed, down to the finest details. It handles extremely well, and takes curves almost as well as a sports car. I recently took it on a long trip, and it was a joy to drive, with much less driver fatigue than usual. Very luxuriousand comfortable, lots of leg and head room, extremely quiet, fabulous sound system, and I could go on. I never thought I'd say this, but this is my favorite car of any that I've owned, including the Mercedes E-Class. Overall this is an A+ rating!

If you drive it, you will buy it.

by RevJoenathan from California | November 17, 2013

I was in the market for a new vehicle unexpectedly. I shopped every brand that had a full size luxury car (or midsize SUV). I drove Lexus and even gave Lincoln a fair shot. There is simply no comparison between the XTS and 95% of the cars on the market. Sure, you can get a car with more but you will pay upwards of 80k-100k. Cadillac finally made a luxury interior that none of their competitors can compete with. This vehicle is beautifully executed. At 6'7" few cars are really comfortable for me, especially for long distances. The Cadillac XTS is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I can sit with my legs fully extended and my knees are supported thanks to their new adjustable seat end. I am actually able to sit in the back seat and it is not a horrible trauma as riding in a back seat normally is for a person my size. This is dream car for traveling. Cadillac has transformed their line of vehicles to be relevant with younger people. This is not a vehicle made for the assisted living crowd. (Although it comes in all their favorite colors) I met an elderly man who had an XTS at a gas station. He complained about the car for over five minutes. I can see why people who are not tech savvy would not appreciate the changes Cadillac made. The XTS rides beautifully and really feels at home on the highway. As other reviewers have mentioned it is not the soft suspension of 1980s Cadillac. It is however a very luxurious ride far superior to any of the other car I test drove. There is more than ample power from the V6 engine. I am still surprised the vehicle can take corners as well as it does. What I love: The look of the car in dark colors The interior The ride & handling Respectable MPG for a large car CUE (Its really incredible if you give it a chance. They give you an Ipad with learning modules for gods sake. Its not at all difficult to use w/ one exception) The technology - safety seat especially What they need to work on: Enhancing the cabin noise isolation Assembling things in a way that will not produce rattles or noises in a couple years. (Mine has had a couple rattle issues that were fixed) The trunk button on the FOB needs to be sunk down or require you hold it for 3-4 seconds. My trunk is constantly opening when I sit down w/ keys in my pocket. ***The speech recognition is not yet a perfected science in most devices. The speech function is pretty frustrating and I do not use it. Many of the "professional" reviews of this vehicle are positive yet they still stick some jabs in at Cadillac calling this vehicle a "stop-gap", "car for seniors", and one moron called it a glorified Malibu. As is the case w/ our news outlets I don't think you can believe all the professional reviewers as they tend to bash cars for no reason other than they can. This is an incredible automobile. Do yourself a favor and drive one- then make your own determination about Cadillac's progress. The XTS doesn't look "special" in some of the the photos. The lines and the shape of the car really don't translate well in some of the pictures. In certain colors the exterior does look a bit disappointing. However, in the Sapphire Blue or Black the car looks very sleek. Make sure you see the car in a dark color before you rule it out. It makes an amazing difference on this vehicle. This is a true luxury car. They did a darn good job w/ this car. Check it out.