2014 Cadillac XTS

Starting MSRP

Overall

Think Twice about the XTS

by Sorry from Nevada | January 28, 2015

This is my seconds XTS. The first 2013 XTS was so problematic that with 9000 miles GM bought it back and put me in a 2014. This one doesn't fare much better with ongoing problems with the CUE System that controls everything in the car, and not very well. The XTS with it's "Magnetic Ride" is terrible. You will experience a very harsh ride and feel every bump and dip in the road. Cadillac used the cheapest Good Year tires and the road noise transfers into the cabin on every street or highway you drive. You'll also get to know the dealer's Service Dept. well. I've owned a lot of new Cadillac's over the years, and had very few if any problems. If you like a Corvette ride, and the feel of every bump as you drive, you'll love this car, otherwise...think twice before buying!

The "Car Of A Lifetime"

by FATCADDY from West Hempstead, NY | November 25, 2014

So much to write about - virtually everything positive. I could not believe my XTS Premium was priced similarly to a CTS. there really is no comparison in my mind. The XTS is roomier & smoother than any CTS. I avoided driving the XTS Twin-Turbo only beause I would have put myself in a $70,000 hole. The one I leased has every feature imaginable and some you've never imagined. Appearance-wise it kind of looks like a large Acura TL, only more elegant. The door handles, rear tailights, front lights and mirrors all light up at night when you pop the door locks. The inerior doors, dashboad and door handles all include illuminated "light-bars" - dring this thing at night is an unforgettable experience. The ride on this car is OUTSTANDING - BETTER than my uncle's 1973 Sedan DeVille (which really WAS the Standard Of The World). Performace is excellent for a car of this weight. It will never outrun my SRT8 Charger - but that's not why I picked this car. On the highway this car is as capable as any car on the road - it's smooth, powerful, and agile. The ergomonics ar a little difficult at first until you become accustomed to sliding your finger across the contrls rather than pressing down on buttons. Bluetooth automatically connects to your cell phone and you play any stored music thought the car's Bose stereo system. In fact - when you restart the car - the car re-links to your phone and remembers the last song you played - Automatically - you don't have to a thing. Heated seats, air-conditiioned seats, full-panorama sunroof, 19" wheels.... The list goes on and on. If you're like me and bust your tail for EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS PLANET - you owe this one to YOURSELF.

Top of the line large American luxury

by jayinatlanta from Atlanta, GA | September 19, 2014

The Cadillac XTS sets the benchmark for a large American luxury sedan in many ways. Its back seat legroom is best-in-class. Its trunk space is outstanding. Its front seats feel like a shiatsu massage (though they apparently may pinch larger owners than my wife and me). Its top-line available safety features and heads-up display also lead the pack. The performance of the XTS is very good for the gas mileage it attains. Even on base-models, there's a capable magnetic-ride suspension which delivers a luxurious ride but lets you feel that the road is still there. There's a Camaro engine under the hood with over 300 HP and yet nearly 30 MHG highway. If you're like me, you'll enjoy the paddle shifters, which deliver quite a good response without harsh shifts (except from 2nd to 1st for aggressive engine braking). Further, for a large car, the XTS feels like a "driver's car," tracking well in moderately hard turns and demanding subtle inputs at high speeds. To complete the performance available even on the base models, the car has Brembo brakes, and you'll notice them; its stopping power is extraordinary for its weight (see for yourself against the German and Asian competition in any published comparison test). And finally, there's CUE and natural voice recognition. If you spend a few minutes understanding what Cadillac has accomplished here, you'll appreciate the options you've been given to control every facet of your entertainment and comfort experience in the car. The XTS doesn't get near enough recognition for being a beautiful, luxurious, and satisfying car for an individual, couple or family that likes to live large. Anyone considering such a car would be advised to take a close look at the minor negatives being parroted by the automotive press and think for themselves.

My dream car

by First caddy from Brockway, Pennsylvania | September 7, 2014

Outstanding vehicle, eye catcher, this car has turned more heads than any other car I've owned. Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW and Audi owners in town have all taken a second look. I put an average 5,000 miles a year on my cars. Since June 12th I put on 4,000 miles. I just can't stay out of if. So many great features, bells and whistles. Adaptive cruise control, auto parking and collision prep. just to mention a few. I couldn't be happier with my Cadillac XTS Platinum sedan!

A great car

by Andromeda from Kingwood, Texas | August 29, 2014

I had purchased a earlier year CTS model and was not pleased with the trunk space, the hard ride or the back sear leg room as well as the features. After one year I decided to trade the CTS for the XTS which is more like the past DTS and Deville models I had owned. The features are wonderful, fully equipped and the ride is superior to the CTS. I like everything about the car, average mileage is 22.8 mpg at approx. 8000 miles, better than the CTS was getting. If its in your price range, test drive one and you will want to buy one.

All the bells and whistles

by Salty from Boston suburb | June 16, 2014

I was hoping to find a car as comfortable as my 2007 Cadillac DTS, but no one seems to make that anymore. The "soft" ride, which i loved has been replaced by a tighter suspension- not as good for people with back problems. But, the XTS definitely handles better. As soon as i learn all of the computer functions, I know I will enjoy driving it. (I just need a lot of soft cushions for comfort sake.)

Hard to find a better vehicle for the money!

by Lee R. from Hampton, NH | June 11, 2014

Cadillac's have been in my family for 3 generations and I just purchased the XTS and this by far is the best car Cadillac has designed and Manufactured. I highly recommend this car! take one for a test ride and you'll see what I mean, It will sell itself!

Finally the right year XTS

by jtawindows from Nashville | March 6, 2014

I had a 2013 XTS that rattled all over especially the dash. I traded for the 2014 and could not be happier. The dealer did try to fix three times but could not. This proves you should never buy the first year of a new design.

wife's learning about engines

by sumi2459 from cape may NJ | January 29, 2014

Finally my wife and I agreed on a vehicle we both liked after 32 yrs. It turned out to be a 2014 xts Luxury Cadillac white diamond tricoat in color with a 3.6L V6 Engine Turbo. We get about 19 mpg city 30 mph highway I'm no mechanic but I know a little about auto repairs since we purchased this car my wife can can tell me everything from tire size to what a turbo engine means anyway I highly recommend this vehicle.

finest car I have ever owned

by Margie from Franklinton, La. 70438 | December 24, 2013

great automobile my dealer Mossy cadillac of Mississipppi were the best..... this new XTS is a lot of car for the money..