See Also: 1995 Chevrolet C1500

$106–$10,198

Overall

95 silverado experienced comparison

by silverado enthusiast 121 from Bedford,Kentucky | April 21, 2014

I bought a late production 95 silverado 4wd in 2006. It was my first truck, and an excellent one for a young country boy who will surely put it through he'll. When I got it it had 166000 miles on it and a 305 engine that the previous owners put in it after blowing up the original 350 from lack of maintenance. Who knows how old the engine was but at 172000, give or take a few hundred miles, the oil pump went out and caused the 305 to quickly sling a rod through the block. I put a 350 with a throttle body in it and immediately fell in love the new upgrade. It would lay black marks with all 4 tires if I felt like showing off. I am happy to report that even I was extremely hard on the truck in the 5 years I had it, I sold it to my dad who is still driving it today in 2014. It runs fine with no major repairs since the engine replacement, except for the transmission that went out at 278000 miles, and the truck has around 480000 miles on it now. I have since owned a 2000 silverado 2wd, a 2000 silverado4wd, and a 2002 silverado 4wd. All the 4wds had the z-71 off-road package, and the 3 newer ones had 5.3 vortex engines which were much quicker in the low end and seemed to have more torque, but when it came to playing off the pavement, the 95 had a much stronger 4wd system, handled heavier loads and never got stuck unless it was hung in the middle on a ledge tester tottering with the wheels off the ground. I hit some unexpected ice in 08 and slid it over a cliff backwards, kept it on its wheels all the way down and when it got to the creek at the bottom I got out n pushed it over so it was sitting in the creek bottom, locked in the front end and drove it right back out of there, a feat that to this day, even trying on purpose to climb out of that hill many trucks have tried and I'm have yet to see one make it all the way back out. So if your looking for a hard working truck or have a troublesome teen who is hard on vehicles, this is the perfect one for either situation.

Very good truck!

by Tyler from | March 6, 2014

I have a 95' Silverado 1500 with the 5.7 and it is absolutely amazing! It runs great and I have no problems at all. This is my first vechile it has only 134,000 miles and the only problem have had so far is a leaky line to the radiator and that's it. I have very bad tired with about 15% tread left but even with bad tires it runs like a beast! never have gotten stuck and I hit roads HARD! im really rough on it and it stil starts every day to be my daily driver! Very highly recommended as a first truck! kinda hard to find one under 200,000 miles anymore though

Overall a very good truck

by G.L.J. from Illinois | March 12, 2012

I just sold my 95 K1500 ext. cab z71 edition got it in 2003 with 55000 miles. 9 years and 130000 miles later the truck was still running strong. Great engines well worth the gas!! (and they love gas) over the years I replace 4 transmissions due to very rude use of my part, front ABS sensors are a common problem due to HUB bearings fast wear, ball joints, and front axle shafts. Big tires make this worst. I fix it my self all the time and work on my friends Chevy trucks and Tahoe's so I know the common problems, engine wise only regular wear on starter, alternator, water pump. Replace the master cilinder and put some good aftermarket rotors and pads. I bump my head every time I see my old Chevy on the road driven by somebody else specially on snow days. If you dont mind the cost of fuel get one they are like the commercial said The Longest Lasting Trucks In America.

Awsome

by chevyguy13 from Middleville, MI | October 15, 2011

I Bought my Chevy truck used and i just hit 313,000 miles. I have replaced minimal things on it.alternator, starter, brakes. Its the most reliable car i ahve ever owned.The gas milage on it may not be the best but for someone who isnt drive far its a perfect truck

Chevy k1500, excellence

by George D from | July 29, 2011

This truck has been in the family 16 years, the only problems being the iac valve, and the 5.7 blowing out relatively early (130k) but that varies greatly from many other engines, I would recommend the vortex 96-99 more so for more power. Mileage isn't bad for a gigantic V8 at 15 city 23 highway. Overall a magnificent vehicle.

1995 Silverado: great truck, low price.

by SD truck owner. from South Dakota | October 14, 2010

The four wheel drive version will get you through the worst South Dakota has to offer in the winter time. Starts up on a -30F morning. Parts are reasonably priced and readily available anywhere. Power is a little lacking, better in the 96-99 trucks as they got the better Vortec engines. The bed swallows up large furniture with the tailgate closed in most cases. These trucks are made out of thick steel which is much less difficult to dent than most new trucks on the market. With a 5 speed manual I can get 18 MPG on the highway at 75.

Owned This Truck for my Teenager

by Previous Owner from KCMO | June 23, 2010

I owned this truck and would recommend it to anyone who wants dependable transportation and a pickup with a little style. Note that it has new brakes, new glass-pack muffler and tailpipes with chrome tips, new tie rods, and new windshield washer pump. My teenager babied this truck for the 2 years we owned it.

top in my book

by pull503 from Honolulu, Hawaii | May 16, 2010

i got my truck used in 95' with 55,000 it now has 245,000 on it and still asking for more. i've changed a few things but no major repairs.

great truck

by timmy from washington | September 18, 2008

great power, good classic looks, comfortable (atleast in the front seats) and very reliable. only bad thing about it is the gas milage but hey it's a truck and they're not going to get you 30mpg

best truck i've owned

by the chevy man from pa | February 1, 2008

I bought a chevy 1500 1/2ton pickup in Sept. this is my second chevy truck. I use to run a landscaping business and had no problems with it yet. Bought it with 94,000 now has 99,000. This is a great truck and would recomend it to anybody that wants a long lasting truck.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet K1500