See Also: 1998 Chevrolet C1500

Available in 8 styles:  K1500 Regular Cab shown

Overall

Honda accord and chev .truck

by Darrell from Columbus Ohio | January 13, 2013

I was very happy with the over all the ease of buying this truck with the dealership at at Jeff Wyler.What a pleasure working with all professional staff at this Dealership! Thank You. Mike K.

Love my Rock!

by Southern boy's Z-71 from South Carolina | October 5, 2012

I bought my 98 k-1500 Z-71 in 2001 with 31,000 miles on it. i now have 200,000 miles on it and love it as much as the day i bought it. I drive a lot of highway miles on it and thoroughly enjoy the ride, (gas mileage is 20 to 22 on the highway and 15 around town) i have found that using non-ethanol fuel actually boosted that mileage. The truck likes it and runs smoothly with it. I also use the truck for hunting and it handles extrememly well off-road. i have recently decided to keep the truck forever and painted it and rebuilt the motor. Runs and looks like new. Love the body style as it is what Chevy says....Built like a rock, dependable!!!!

most reliable truck and nice looking truck

by Luvtruck from Aurora, Ill | June 30, 2011

I'm very happy to own my 98 chevy silverado 4x4 ext.cab, I all way like the older boxy body style. This truck can pull anything because it's very strong horse.

Uses car for Towing

Chevy rocks!

by kdawg975 from Morden, MB | February 1, 2011

I have a 98 Chev 1500, equipped with the 350 Vortec, 3rd door, and Z71 package. One awesome truck. I've had it for almost 4 years now, it has never let me down. This truck is powerful, reliable, smooth and quiet, and the cushiony seats are very comfortable. It always starts great, even in Manitoba winters. Fuel mileage is average at about 20mpg. I have had to put some minor repairs into it including new fuel guage, new water pump, and brake work but the engine and tranny are sound. Always a pleasure to drive!

great car nevers stops

by that one cool person from Kalamazoo MI | November 11, 2009

I have over 600,000 miles on my truck and it shakes like mad but it runs. It is a very nice carrrrrrr.

Uses car for Towing

great truck

by ford guy from oceana ,wv | September 21, 2009

it's the z71 offroad it's very powerful it has a 6.0 v8 it's the most powerful truck i have ever owned

Best Option

by Army Driver from Fort Stewart, GA | December 13, 2008

This vehicle is by far the best and longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned! I am in the Army and when I move duty stations it easily pulls my families belongings anywhere, through the mountains, over the plains, through the snow and rain without skipping a beat. My 1998 K1500 Z71 has the 5.7 liter V8 and the 4X4 option. There are 220,000 miles on my vehicle with the original engine, transmission, alternator, water pump and more. I just replaced the original shocks around 210,000 miles. The truck drives very smoothe on the highway, even with 31 inch tires (no lift) on it. It is also very reliabe off road when I go out to fish in the Georgia clay and sand. The fuel mileage is acceptable for as many miles it has (about 15 city/20 highway). If anyone is interested in buying a truck from 1995 to 2000, this is the year, make and model to purchase. It will last forever if you take care of it. If you are like me and buy one vehicle once every ten to twenty years: Buy a Chevy - you'll get your money worth out of it and more for many years to come.

Don't buy a Chevy

by Tim the truck owner from Pennsylvania | October 18, 2008

Where can I start with this truck? I bought it used in 2006 from older man who used it in the winter. It had 64k miles on it. The rear bumper and bed panels are nearly completely rotted out, in 2007 I blew a main bearing in the 305 V8 after. The tranny skips slightly but it is not too bad. Other than those it works alright, but those are big issues for a truck with low miles. DEFINATLY not worth buying.

LIKE A ROCK

by mr magnaflow from new castle, de | April 20, 2008

i beat hemi's, tritons, i-force's, and endurance v8 trucks. and i get better gas milage. all at 215K miles

Reliable Workhorse

by Chevy Fan from Saint Paul, MN | November 10, 2006

I've had my '98 1500 4x4 Silverado for 8 years and it is the most dependable truck I've ever had. I've used it on the farm, as well as in the big city. Visbility is great for driving in city traffic and the accelleration is very strong. It has only broken down one time, now at over 120,000 miles. With this model you should always keep the gas tank at above 1/4 of a tank so the fuel pump does not overheat. (It's inside the gas tank and cooled by the gasoline) I ran mine out of gas twice and had to replace the fuel pump. It's weight is Low and Wide so it handles corners smooth and easy, even with a heavy trailer. But if you're not careful the horsepower is enough it also makes it easy to accidentally peel out. I've taken numerous 1,200 mile round-trips to Canada with my truck and Boat in tow. Even with a trailer it handles as if there was none, In fact it handles nicer with weight behind. The only difference is slightly slower accelleration and deceleration. The 4x4 is a feature I would not live without. (I live in MN) Many times I've driven long country-road miles in 4 wheel drive with un-cleared snow and been thankful I had the traction. Many times stopping to pull someone else out of the ditch. I've loved this truck for many years and when I finnally do upgrade I'll probably get another silverado.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet K1500