2001 Chevrolet Astro

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by SprinterDriver from California | February 28, 2009

I didn't love this car at first, but it grew on me. Lots of room. Minimal repairs. Never broken down. No transmission problems. AWD was great in the snow. Great car for passengers or cargo.

A Work Horse

by Weezey - Boater and Muscle Car Nut from Chicago, IL. | March 22, 2007

I sold my 1993 Astro with 125,000 miles on it. Most were highway while towing a boat. I bought a used 2001 with 88,000 miles. What a work horse. It's just as comfortable and quiet as my Cadillac. The torque while towing is amazing. Sure its had a few minor issues like dashboard switch illumination and rocker panel rust, but it has proven a very reliable vehicle. I love the height in which you are seated. It gives a better view of things around you. I will buy a 3rd when this one is burned out.

Chevy should have killed the Astro earlier

by twr1 from Dallas area | August 11, 2006

This is the 2nd Astro van owned by my family. The first was a 1999, and it was trouble free. Unfortunately, it got totaled when someone turned left in front of my wife. We replaced it with a 2001, and it has been nothing but trouble. Leaky roof, brake lights that don't work (2-3 times repaired before the recall), driver's door window motor out 3 times, distributor cap failure, front end alignment problems, brake problems, and now the rear view mirror falls off. All in less than 30,000 miles. Incidentially, when the mirror on a 2001 Astro falls off, the design has been changed. Now, you can't just back out a set screw, there's a spring clip that holds the mirror in place. When I tried to pop it back on, I wound up with a cracked windshield. This van is a piece of junk. I wonder what will go wrong with it next.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Astro