2005 Chevrolet Astro

See Photos & Videos

Overall

What a Versatile Van Should Be

by termag from Michigan | November 3, 2013

We have owned 3 of these going back to 2000 and besides some minor problems with our first these are just good tough workhorses. Put over a 1OOK on all of em. With a little normal maintenance the 4.3 engines last and last. Sold our last to a friend who has 225,000 miles on it and still going strong. Why companies quit making proven vehicles like this drive me nuts.

Good workhorse

by Pool Man from Cross Roads, TX | July 26, 2013

I have driven my 2005 Astro cargo van for over three years and loved it. The V6 is very powerful, even when over loaded it gets up to highway speeds with ease. The sloped hood allows for great vision on the road. The van was very reliable. I only sold it because my business outgrew it.

Too bad they stopped making them

by Steve W from Kansas City | March 7, 2010

In the top 2 best vehicles I've ever owned. I put my Chevy Astro through tens of thousands of miles every year for 5 years on a delivery route and enjoyed the dependability so much I bought another for my wife as a family van. I wish they still made them

Great headroom

by Like the large minivan from Cleveland, OH | November 29, 2008

I'm disabled, and this is the only vehicle with the headroom for my cart. I can get out, reach the luggage rack, and can hold myself up to walk to the back, and get my cart. Even the Dutch doors are great, they don't knock me over if it's windy. Add AWD,and it can't be beat. Could get a full size van, but then you get 10 mpg. The Astro, or Safari, is the perfect ride.

I own this one

by Truckin'Gal from East Tennessee | February 13, 2008

While it is good for carrying people and/or stuff, I find it uncomfortable to drive. I am long legged and don't have alot of room or a place to put my big feet. The wheel hump is right where I'd tend to try to rest my left foot which puts my knee into the steering wheel area. While I'd recommend it to shorter friends, tall people should test drive carefully. Sure wish I could go for a pickup but I can make do and dream...ha ha.

I Bought 2 Astros

by Cuz from Naples, Florida | December 13, 2006

I ordered a 2004 LT, and last year I bought a 2005 LS. Love the ride and especially the rear wheel drive and the towing capacity. I looked at several other models before buying the Astro. I don't like front wheel drive. Sad that GM stopped making the Astro. It's got a proven record for over 10 years.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Astro