2003 Lincoln Aviator

13 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

best vehicle ive owned

by love my avie from salem nj | October 27, 2013

best vehicle ive owned with 240,000 mile on it now i finally had to replace tranny(think i got my monies worth)

Worst experience ever!!!

by William from Mesa, AZ | January 6, 2013

Bought a new Ranger and soon found out that they had not totally paid-off my trade-in. My bank called me to say that I still owed $1,000. I spoke to the salesman, who had quite, but I still had his cell phone. He said he quit because the dealership were crooks and he couldn't stand working like that. I ended up making two more payments on a car I didn't have just to keep my credit rating good. I contacted the BBB but I guess they had already had their share of complaints against them.

Finally went to Ford

by Works to support GM from Texas | December 10, 2012

Loved this truck when I purchased it new. Had several common problems while under warranty that GM had service bulletins on, steering, clatter on intial start, frequent burn out on daytime driving lamps. Also had issues with a sensor causing a stall on acceleration and rear end noise that were not common problems. GM shut off my OnStar when they went from analog to digital phones, you would think they would have wanted to upgrade for free like the phone companies did, considering what I was paying them to maintain the service...I suppose business decisions like that are why my money had to be used to keep them in business! Went with a Ford Raptor after being a GM customer for years. Hey GM, good luck with that Volt!

best truck ever

by TONYKINETIC from Newport Minnesota | January 23, 2012

This truck came with a 6 inch lift and oversized tires but it still handles like a car. Could live with a little better mileage, but its a truck afterall. I've owned 6 4wd trucks and I've never been happier with any of them. Buy one of these trucks!!

great truck

by davendodie from colorado springs | October 20, 2011

our experience with the avalanche has been overall great. it is a very roomy and versitile truck. the removable bed covers are a great feature when hauling items that would otherwise be exposed to weather or thieves. the interior is is very nice. I rated the interior a 4 because i believe GM could have used better materials (wood) for the trim on the Z71s and Z66s. The drivetrain of the avalanch is very reliable however the front axle seals have to be replaced about every 30,000 miles GM should revert back to the straight axle for the avalanches (and other truck) that have the off road package.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best all 'round vehicle on the market.

by IDstud from Rupert, ID | September 29, 2011

Bought a 2002 2500 Avalanche about 4 years ago when I discovered my Tahoe withthe 5.7L had a hard time pulling my Toy Hauler. The Tahoe would pull drop to 6mpg and would struggle to get to 50mph. The Avalanche uls at 80mph and gets 10mpg all day. Very versitle and the best tow vehicle I've ever owned. I average 12 to 13mpg highway and 10 to 12 around town. I guess it's not bad considering I have 496 cubic inches under the hood. Plus the cool factor. Wish they still made it in a 3/4 ton with the 8.1L. Guess since they don't I'll have to take care of my '02.

Best truck I've ever owned.

by Elwagi from Northern CA | September 6, 2011

bought it new, just upgraded to newer model same color smae everything. Now I have 2 great Avalanche's and I will sell my first one to someone who can see the value in the vehicle.

Good truck or car or. See what cmpromise gets you

by GregKXX from Greenfield, IN | July 4, 2011

I really like mine. I've always had Chevy's so this was not much of a detour for me. Great horsepower to weight ratio. Very depensable, big enough to sleep in when the wife throws me out LOL. The only complaint I have with mine is the fuel costs in today's world, it tends to be a little thirsty.

l love my avalanche

by Z71 Avalanche Northface from Marysville, Mi | April 6, 2011

best full size cross over money can buy. 5.3 vortec lots of power low end and at highway speeds for passing sunday drivers and stock 4x4 stance is very capable and comfortable to drive all year long.. plastic side panels and bumpers are great for protection against runaway shopping carts and weak or lazy people that cant control there own car doors... If you get a chance to buy one do it you wont be disappointed even with high miles like 150,000+ great truck/suv lots of room even for passengers taller than 6 feet tall in the back seat...

First Time I've Been Loyal to a Specific Model

by Utilitarian Guy from Cincinnati, OH | March 14, 2011

Got one of the first Avalanches to roll off the assembly line. After over 9 years of reliable service commuting, towing, hauling, and off-roading, it was time to replace it. The wife and I decided that there was no other model that could do what we ask of the Avalanche, so we bought a newer one as much like the '02 as we could find. I've never before been so pleased with a vehicle that I had to get another one of the same.

Featured Services for this Lincoln Aviator