See Also: 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Solid vehicle

by James from Big Flats, NY | February 12, 2014

I purchased the 2003 Chevy Avalanche from this dealer. It has 82,500 miles on it. It is in above average condition and the engines can go 300,000 miles. I will be replacing other things before the engine quits. About the dealer. He is honest and prices reasonably. He is not selling junk. I would recommend visiting his lot if you are interested in a vehicle that he has.

Overall a well made reliable vehicle

by John4545 from Scottsdale, AZ | October 2, 2013

Overall I really like my 2003 Avalanche Z71. With 115,000 miles, I've had it since 75,000. I have replaced the starter, water pump and ignition switch. Also my CD player wont eject any longer, but I listen to AM sports so it doesn't bother me too much. My friend also has a 2003 Tahoe and his CD player went out as well. The good is that even when stuff breaks it is cheap to repair. Sits 4 adults very comfortable. I would consider getting another when this one hits about 175,000 miles.

Best vehicle I've had

by Dave from Poughkeepsie, NY | March 23, 2012

I brought this truck used 6 months ago and I love it. It is by far my favorite vehicle I've owned. It's almost 10 years old and has close to 100k miles but it runs and drives great still. The only thing I would change about it if I could is getting the MPG's up from 12 to about 20 if that was possible

2003 avalanche

by GP5 from Houston, TX | January 16, 2012

I own two of these trucks. I have have had both of them for 7 years. They haven't gave me problems. Runs great, and the only down part on these trucks is the small bed there is but it extends so that makes up for it. I give the truck a 4.5 out of 5

GREAT Looking Truck

by Looking Good from Saint Louis | January 9, 2012

I just love the 2003 Chevy Avalanche, I just purchased. Cars.com really helped me locate the perfect truck I was looking for without leaving my house. Thanks cars.com

Best 4wd I ever Had!

by microtrip from New Jersey | April 11, 2011

1st I hate the plastic body panels so I was glad when i found a rare hard to find Z71 w/Without Body Hardware option. I had a tahoe and I miss leather and the moonroof but the removable back window and the water tight bed cover more then makes up for it. I bought mine used in 2006 w/6k miles. So far other then oil and gas I have replaced the original battery and tires once. Justy today I noticed a squeek nosie in my front right Suspension so I will get that looked at. All in All I love it. My friends joked that its a chevy and its good it must have been built on a Thursday. I dont care. The first week I had it I went on a road trip camping down in Maryland on the beach. I didnt have a tent so I parked the truck on a slight incline so that the front was a bit higher then the rear. The I let down the tailgate and slept in the bed under the bed cover. That night it rained really heavy. I only found out because the others told me the next day. They had to sleep in their cars because the tents had blown away. Yes I did hit my head once but since I didnt get soaked I didnt really care. The bed is plenty big enough to haul all but the largest stuff and I have been hired out to my friends many times to help move their stuff. So if your looking for a great used truck that is a good all around all purpose vehicle I would get an Avalanche anyday of the week. Also great in the SNOW!!!!!

Get the escalade

by cladded avalanche from | October 14, 2010

I bought this truck used with 50k miles, great ride and usability pros: lots of compartments and extending the bed helps alot, z71 package will help you go through anything, especially snow cons: heated seats like to turn on on their own and apparently happens to alot of these bodystyles, wish it had better quality "leather"

best truck yet

by 03 avalanche from South Dakota | April 11, 2009

Purchased the Avalanche used about a year and half ago and have put nearly 40,000 miles on it. Currently has 90,000 +. Works great with the family, plenty of room for kids and dogs plus all the gear. Great for DIY projects, hauling, towing, ect. I works especialy well on those family camping trips towing the camper and all firewood and other stuff. Respectible fuel economy for a truck with a range of nearly 500 miles, its great for long road trips. With 4X4 and Z-71 will go through nearly everything. In the time I have had this vehicle it has been nearly flawless. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone who needs a 4 or 5 passanger vehicle and cargo area. Works like a long bed truck when needed and like crew cab short box pickup. The toolboxes on the sides of the bed are very usefull, store tiedowns, tow straps, ect and can lock them so they won't get swipped. Three piece hard box cover best I've seen or used. Thanks Chevy for building a wonderful truck.

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned Bar None!

by Ive owned them all... from Los Angeles | January 8, 2008

I bought this 2003 Avalanche Z71 (4x4 without the body cladding) brand new. I have since put 174,000 miles on this vehicle and it has been perfect. I have never seen anything quite like it, I live in Los Angeles and do a lot of freeway driving but my first set of brake pads lasted 110,000 miles I thought this was unheard of but other Avalanche owners have told me the same. I have not had to have anything on this vehicle fixed period. It still has the original water pump, alternator, master cylinder etc... Under normal wear and tear I have put new shocks on the vehicle but not until 150,000 miles had gone by. My first set of Goodyear tires went 80,000 miles so did the second set!!!! The motor runs as strong as it ever did, does not burn oil does not leak oil it is just an amazing vehicle and I won't part with this one. Simply the best money I ever spent on a vehicle...

"Chevy hits a home run!"

by Ex Ford guy from Lafayette, IN | September 6, 2007

I bought mine new in 2003 without the plastic love the sunburst orange color. 60,000 miles and not one problem. Had 2 feet of snow last winter and it went everywhere no problem. Love the fold down rear plenty of room to store 4 X 8 sheets of plywood. I had a tahoe before this and loved it just about as much I would say the avalanche can hold and do more with. I've towed trailers with ease. Really can't picture being without it. My advise to you if you are looking at buying one get it! No one can build it any better than Chevy!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Avalanche 2500