2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

15 city / 20–21 hwy

Overall

Best truck out there

by Mnardi from Winter Haven, FL | June 30, 2014

My friends are jealous and my family love it. The versatility that the Avalanche offers is unmatched. It simply hauls things and protects things in a way that the conventional truck can not. I recently purchased a couch and all i did was drop the midgate and remove the window and the new couch slid right into the cab and i was able to close the tailgate without using any straps of any sort. I was able to haul it without worry. The next weekend I turned on on the 4x4 feature and drove through the woods with the family to get to our cabin. It rained during our 3 hour trip and all of luggage that was locked away in the bed was secure and dry. The only negative I can find with this truck is that after it being about 6 years old I have to carry a quart of oil with me in the side cargo storage compartment because i am burning oil very quickly. I make it on average 1500-2000 miles after an oil change before my low oil light comes on. That being said, I plan to drive this truck into the ground until it forces me to move on. And the best feature of the new body Avalanche? It will never be out of date because this truck has been discontinued after the 2013 model year. Youll always own the newest body style of the truck out there!

Happy camper, this is a wonderful unit to drive

by ramblin from Missouri from Missouri | April 24, 2014

Just bought a used 2007 avalanche. Went to look at a used suburban, this caught my eye and I was hooked. Try not to let the sales person know though. What a luxury truck. It has every option on it except the kitchen sink and if I keep looking I will probably find that as well. If it runs over time as good as it looks, it will be the best truck I have every bought. Had ford, and dodge as well, but you can't compare how much nicer the avalanche is. They should of kept making this one.

2007 Avalanche

by popsbare from charlotte, nc | February 14, 2014

love this truck, 4 wheel drive has done awesome in the snow. would recommend to anyone looking for a multi purpose truck.

The Swiss Army Knife of Trucks

by Jack from Los Angeles, CA | March 6, 2013

I bought our '07 Chevy Avalanche used in '09 with 36K miles on it from the original owner. It was a compromise between my wife & I. She wanted a luxury car & I needed a truck, but we didn't want two more vehicles. She had reservations about driving a truck. We now have over 120K miles on it & she loves it. It's comfortable, reliable, and allows us to tow & haul stuff when I need to. It's the best all-around vehicle we've ever owned & plan to keep it for a long time. It's too bad GM won't make these after 2013.

Avy is top of the line

by blinker from Seattle | July 17, 2012

I love this truck. It does it all and looks sexy while doing it. Average MPG, but totally worth it. This is my Weekend Warrior ride! Great for trips and with kids. The comfort of an SUV ride with all the bells and whistles and the usability of a truck. 2013 is the last year for 'em so hurry up and get one!

The best all around vehicle I have ever had

by Maggs from New Brunswick, Canada | April 23, 2012

I've owned my Avalanche for 5 years and it still is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's comfortable, reliable, versatile and good looking!

2 month impression

by Chevrolet guy from Elk Grove, CA | February 23, 2012

I had never had an up close inspection on an avalanche and immediately became impressed with its flexability as an SUV. I bought an LTZ top of the line model and love the interior appointments, features and comfort. It has great body lines now that GM has removed much of the exterior plastic. What plastic remains does fade, so I had to paint it with trim black. Once that was done, it looked brand new. Chevrolet has really improved the look, ride and features on the Avalanche and I would recommend it to anyone. Gas mileage however, could stand some improvement.

2007 Avalanche

by rico from Davis, California | January 30, 2012

This is a niche truck for the recreational/professional type of person since it can do it all with 280 horses and real 4-wheel drive. Ability to put the 3 covers over the tailgate and keep a lot of tools is the key and also so easy to get the 3 covers off when emptying. Fitting in a standard garage by just about 10 inches helps also since the big cab trucks are over a foot longer to start with! I hope to give it a 5-star reliability but haven't owned it long enough. Have seen some of these with lots of miles which bodes well for longevity. Plastic of course doesn't hold up too well for looks but it is plenty thick so no bending... Economy isn't what they advertise either. Lucky to get 18 on freeway (not 21)! The driver's seat could also be a little more comfortable with no real lombard support!

Best truck I've owned

by Truck man from Avon, IN | November 14, 2011

The interior is roomy, there is a "handle" for the passger to grab when entering the vehicle, the interior is very quiet while traveling and there is no engine noise. The covers over the "rear end" are locked into place and can be removed one at a time, depending on how much room you need.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck/SUV

by Weekend Worrior! from Stockbridge, Ga | October 29, 2011

Great Vehicle - I love My Avalanche. Its a big truck and all the truck you'll need for everyday use. 320hp & 340 lbft of torque. Avg fuel Economy 16.2 (only if doing regular maint. oil & air filters) Its very easy to drive and is very smooth soaks up bumps with no problem. The layout in the truck is great. You can get to all of the controls and features easily. I have the base LS edition, but there are plenty of standard features. XM radio is a nice touch, but it does not come with bose system in LS trim. Very confortable seats. Back seat is kinda tight. Mid gate option is great, but have only used 4 times in 4 years. Saved me from having to pay for delivery though. Paint and trim holding up well. Check for minor cracks in dashboard near airbag. Seems to be a problem with most at about 4-5 years. Have dealer replace before purchase. Opt for 2008 model or higher to get the 6 speed transmission. Solid dependable truck more SUV like with a huge trunk but can work like a truck if and when you need it Perfect for the weekend worrior! Somewhat expensive as a daily driver! Set the cruise at 72mph!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Avalanche 1500