2008 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4x2 shown

14 city / 19–20 hwy

Overall

Would not reccomend to any one!

by Ricluz from Kentucky | March 19, 2013

I have owned Chey trucks all my life and I have had more problems from this truck than any truck I have owned. My next truck will be a Ford!

Great truck

by Boho from Columbia, SC | December 21, 2012

I love my Avalanche. The best vehical i ever owned. Wish I would have bought one sooner. Enough said!

My thoughts

by Kevin from Lake worth FL | December 10, 2012

I bought this used of course in Oct 2012, Over all im happy with it except the throttle body sensor has to be replaced and 4 weeks after i bought it the dash cracked by the passenger side airbag like all the others. I see GM does nothing about there faulty plastic dashboards but thats ok it just shows why they had to file bankrupty they sell garbage and dont fix it knowing it is. As far as comfort it doesnt get any better. This is like riding in a full size luxary car and its very smooth. I keep the air pressure at 35 as 30 is to low and the sensors dont work anyway as the light will not go off. Im not about to pay several hundred to get new ones and have them installed. Over all pleased with my choice

First time Chevy Owner

by Mavrickkc from Overland Park, KS | September 14, 2011

Have now owned this vehicle for 3 months. If you are in the market for a V-8 vehicle and shopping gas mileage, don't believe the hype. This vehicle doesn't even come close to touching the advertised MPG ratings. I average 13-16 MPG, and as such, my cost to drive this vehicle is significantly higher than I anticipated. Not sure if this is an issue yet or not, but have had a few electronic glitches in the first few months. I'm hoping this isn't indicative of a bigger problem. Have had my battery die twice, my 4WD engage and get stuck there once (set on auto), two burnt out tail-lights... Not something I've ever seen on any other 3-year old vehicle. My last negative about this vehicle comes in the Navigation and Entertainment system. You'd think in the top-line model, there would be more thought put into this. The sound is great, but the functionality is seriously missing. No blue-tooth, so I can't wirelessly sync my iPhone for handsfree or music. Ford is doing this, catch up Chevy. And the navigation system is seriously archaic. It seems reminiscent of something designed in 2000 or earlier. Otherwise, this vehicle has the power, comfort and style that make heads turn. I have gotten compliments from total strangers that love the look of the LTZ and I have to say that I am impressed with it myself. There is little room for improvement on the interior either and the ride is smooth. I pull my 22' boat with ease and comfort.

Uses car for Towing

Avalanche

by Kenny199 from Mass | April 27, 2011

Best vehicle I have ever owned. This truck is somthing ive been looking for after many years of searching. The LTZ is the way to go...

Best All Around

by Weekend Adventurist from Springfield, MA | March 21, 2011

I purchased my LT3 Z71 w/all the goodies Chevrolet had to offer. The cabin is very comfortable and makes you want to crawl into the back seat to catch a few Z's on the way to work. The cabin is also luxury car quiet and rides to match. When packed with the family you never feel cramped. Pop in a movie on the rear DVD and keep your passengers entertained for hours. I would strongly suggest the rear back up camera because the Avalanche is a Goliath to park. The 5.3 liter engine is competent from a stop, but surprisingly lacking when romped at highway speed. The Avalanche is a great choice when a "one car does all" is needed.

Nice-N-Roomy

by #1 Grandpa from Oklahoma | November 12, 2010

We wanted a nice car with lots of room and this one fit the bill. It has lots of cargo space even with the third row of seats in. It didn't crowd the passengers up either. It has lots of power and quite economical as far as mpg for its size. We love it!!

Chevy Avalanche - A "Swiss Army knife" truck

by Omicron from Boulder County, CO | August 9, 2010

After looking at all comparable vehicles I discovered there ARE no comparable vehicles. Closest thing is the Ford Explorer Sport Trac and they are much smaller and very underpowered. Quality, fit, and finish are all excellent. Reliability has been stellar. American cars have come a long way in the last decade. The Avalanche drives like a very nice BIG car. Which is to say even though you know it's a truck, with all the utility that brings with it, it doesn't really drive like what trucks used to drive like. Ride is pleasant and handling is tight and predictable. I'd like it to be faster off the line and accelerate better, but it's not bad. Interior is a very nice place to spend time. Quiet and comfortable, with all the features you'd hope for and more. I'm really glad I got the LS model which comes with cloth seats and no center console - the leather is to slippery and the center console is massive. With the LS the center console is a combo extra seat and arm rest storage bin - excellent functionality. The utility of this truck is AMAZING. Within a week I found I'd used most available configurations, and now that I have it I wonder how I ever lived without an Avalanche. This is a truly excellent truck, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Great Truck!

by JustinOT from Morrisville, PA | June 22, 2010

This is the second "truck" I've owned, the first being a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi. The comfort and ride on the Av are better than the same year Ram. Its much more comfortable and more spacious (at least I think so) and has better amenities. I got the fully loaded LTZ. Only probably I've had in the 4,000 miles that I've owned it is that the rear door handle came off. Otherwise it rides great and runs nice, however its 5.3L lacks the power of the Hemi, but it does tow pretty well.

Best of the Best

by Bradntrouble from Hopkinsville, KY | June 28, 2009

I purchased the vehicle new in May 2008. I spent two years reviewing, comparing, test driving, and so on every truck from the 2006 to the 2008 model year. I did end up purchasing a 2007 Silverado 1500 4X4 Extended Cab in August 2007 thinking that the bed of the truck was more useful. However, I regreted the purchase becuase the ride was nothing like the Avalanche. In the end I sold the Silverado and ordered my 2008 Avalanche. I have a 4X4 with the Z71 Offroad Package, 2LT, and a sunroof. The vehicle is absolutely amazing. We have taken it from Kentucky to Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Vermont averaging 21 MPG on the highway. Every trip just showed how versatile the vehicle was. In town I get around 14 MPG but I am a little heavy footed behind the wheel. It is just so easy to be in this truck because it will haul. I commute about 30 miles a day to work and around town and usually make 3/4 of a tank last 2 to sometimes 3 weeks even with driving the vehicle on the weekends. Now for you guys that are married my wife enjoys driving the vehicle because of just how well it handles and the impressive ride. We have a 2009 Toyota Camry and she prefers the truck for going shopping with her girlfriends. No children but we both realize just how valuable this vehicle will be as a family vehicle. As always there is room for improvement. I think that the bed could be a little more useful if GM could loose the side storage (or beer coolers) on each side. The center console needs a better storage configuration. I purchased the tray to set inside from the dealer to turn it from a bottomless pit but yet it could be more functional. An optional floor shifter would make it more sporty and would help with the issure of the shifter being in the way of reaching for the radio/climate controls. The steering wheel is great with the cruise and audio controls. The dash is well planned and all controls are easy to read. My wife and I both love the automatic climate control. Overall, I would buy the vehicle a hundred times over and would recommend it to anyone who is considering an SUV as a family vehicle.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Avalanche 1500