2011 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Awesome Truck

by AzLax from Scottsdale, Arizona | August 4, 2014

We looked for a third vehicle for a long time, and no other full sized truck encompasses the combination of versatility, comfort, and driving quite like the Avalanche. This truck offers a standard sized bed, but with the ability to fold down the second row seats, long items such as 4x8 pieces of wood. After test driving F-150's, Tundras, and Tacomas, the Avalanche easily out performs them on a comfort basis. Chevy has successfully designed a truck that handles like a truck half of its size. To be perfectly honest, the Avalanche feels more like a Toyota Highlander than any of its other full sized counterparts. Although I have not towed anything yet, the 5.3L V8 engine should be able to pull almost anything within reason. Chevy should really reintroduce the Avalanche.

Great Truck

by AZOutdoors from Scottsdale, AZ | August 1, 2014

I looked for a long time at crew cab trucks before narrowing down to the Avalanche. The Avalanche has the comfortable ride of an SUV with the flexibility of a truck. The fold-away rear seats and folding rear cab access provide more cargo space than a long-bed truck. I am pleasantly surprised how well it maneuvers for a full-size truck. I definitely recommend the rear parking sensors and review camera for backing. If you find one without them, they can be easily added after-market. This is a versatile truck, that rides and drives like a full-size SUV. My daily ride is a luxury sedan and I find myself looking for reasons to "need" to drive the Avalanche.

buddy

by buddy from rapid city sd | April 10, 2014

one of the best trucks i have ever owned excellent gas milage. LTZ MODEL IS WORTH THE MONEY I went to MARTHALER CHEVY OF GLENWOON MN AND SAVED $9000

On my Third Avalanche

by Clint from Oklahoma City, OK | February 25, 2014

I started with a 2004, then a 2007, now a 2011 LTZ. I love it. Never had one single problem with it, have only done regular maintenance. It's very sad that GM stopped production of the Avalanche. Don't know what I will do next! If you are looking for used vehicle (since you cannot buy new ones now) I recommend you find one and hang on to it. Another great thing is that since they stopped making it, those of us that own them are enjoying high resell value! An Avy rides somewhere in between truck and an SUV like say a Suburban. Nice ride on the highway. Does decent in snow and ice etc.

Awsome pickup, 2nd one i have owned

by Steve from Youngstown, OH | February 20, 2014

Owned a 2002 and wore it out, thrilled to replace it with another Avalanche. The fold down between bed and cab great, wish they had not stopped making them. 2011 is a great improvement over the 2002, my only personal dislike is the woodgrain but thats just my preference.

Best large truck/SUV I've owned

by Leon from Newport Beach, CA | December 14, 2012

So impressed with the Avalanche LTZ. I've owned Mercedes ML, GL & Range Rover and overall performance dominates the Rover and ML at about 30k less. The Avalanche doesn't handle like a truck at all. It's very smooth, clean and quiet. It's turning radius is fantastic for a large vehicle and creature comforts are great and really close to par with Mercedes & RR. It's super roomy too and great for weekend jobs and family campouts. Better jump on the 2013's because this will be the last model year.

Awesome

by Redwings Fan from Colorado springs, CO | August 20, 2012

Love my new Avalanche - second one I've owned So sad they will be ending production! or I would be buying another in a few years

Basic Truck

by Good Driver from New York | May 3, 2012

Very bad Fuel Economy. Can't tow for its life. Very pricey. Woudn't recomend unless you drive on the road. Dose great through car washes! I would buy a F-150 over this.

Uses car for Towing

2011 Avalanche great vehicle so far

by Tony from Olathe, KS | April 16, 2012

I really like the flexibility the vehicle provides. Rides as nice as the 2008 Denali I had and offers me pick up flexibility. I would definately recomend the vehicle so far. It is pricey, and gas milage isnt great, but I think you expect both when buying this caliber of vehicle

Geat Truck

by Avalanche Fan from Ohio | March 12, 2012

Just got a used 2011. I owned a 2002 for 8 years and it was very reliable. This is the first time I've bought the same model truck. My 2002 was such a good truck, I had to go for another one. The 2011 has improved engine performance and fuel milage. So far very happy with it. Would highly recommend the Avalanche.