2013 Chevrolet Avalanche

15 city / 21 hwy

Overall

2012 avalanche

by bobtom from west virginia | December 20, 2013

I have had nothing but trouble out of my 2012 avalanche. Oil leaks everywhere. Oil pan , rear main oil gasket not it is burning oil not. with only 22,ooo miles on it.

2012 Avalanche Review

by autorestorer71 from Raleigh, NC | April 9, 2013

So far a great truck. Only wish GM would have upgraded their radio/nav. systems. They seem out of date compaired to other manufactures.

A better ride in a truck

by like trucks from Warrenton, VA | April 19, 2012

I bought the Avalance because it is built on the Suburban platform which gives a better ride that the Silverado 1500 of which I have had 6. The Avalanch only has 2 or 3 features that are not available on the Silverado but I did want the retractable running boards and there are additional color options for the Avalanch that are not offered on the Silverado's . The cooling seats is a feature that I wanted because I spend a lot on time in the vehicles and the leather seats sometime create discomfort. The upgraded turn by turn navagation is a nice plus.

2nd Avalanche & Loving it!

by BigDave from Birmingham, Alabama | April 16, 2012

This 2012 4x4 LTZ just replaced my 2005 4x4 LT Z71. I loved my 2005, it had 160k miles on it and i had very little trouble over the 7.5 years i owned it. I firmly believe that if you care for your car it will care for you. And being a Chevy is an added bonus, this is my 8th Chevy, 3 Camaro's, a Chevelle, an El Camino, a Silverado and now my second Avalanche. The Avalanche just drives and handles exceptionally well. The 2012 gets better gas mileage than the 05, but something in the mid 20's would sure be nice. I put a 4 on interior design for 2 reasons, one the visors are pretty cheap looking, the old ones were much more substantial. the second reason is the lack of cubbies in the newly redesigned dash, there used to be a lot more storage, now there are 2 cup holders and a slot for glasses, what about cell phones and change? I also lowered the value for the money to a 4, just because the price is sooo high. I am just wondering where the price ceiling will stop. But my wife and I love it, sometimes she even lets me drive!

Awesome Looking SUV/Truck the Avalanche

by Good looking crossover from East Tennessee | April 11, 2012

I wanted my husband to buy the Avalanche back in 2001 but he chose a 2500 heavy duty truck. Well eleven years later we now own two Avalanche's He drives a 2007 and I just traded in my 2007 Corvette Z06 in on a 2012 Avalanche. The vette was just sitting in the garage when Jim had complete knee replacement and could no longer get in and out of it. I was driving "Mr. Grumpy" in his 2007 Avalance to physical therepy three times a week and got to loving the Avanache. Bottom line I enjoyed it so much I was searching on the internet for the best deal on what would become "My Avalanche" It is so comfortable and you don't feel like you are driving a truck but a SUV, lots of room inside. Last week when we needed some lawn edging it was no problem to drop the back window and seats and slide the 8 foot sections into the bed. Oh what a convience. Not only is it so good looking a vehicle but it offers every convience you could ask for in a SUV and a Truck You reallty need to test drive one, but be ready to purchase it !