2004 Chevrolet Aveo

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I love my little car!

by Seattle Girl from Seattle, WA | February 6, 2014

I bought my 2004 Aveo hatchback new in 11/2004. I've driven it every single day since, and I absolutely love it. It is brilliant for use in the city, especially parking in tiny parallel spaces and cramped garages. I've taken several road trips in it also, and my tall friends appreciate the interior height. There's a surprisingly large amount of cargo space when the seats are folded down, and I'm always grateful for the excellent gas mileage. I've had to replace the tires over the years, and I did have to replace a cracked thermostat (which only cost me about $50), but that's it. All in all, I'm still in love with my car 9 years later. :)

good reliable car

by Minnesota from Jordan,MN | July 8, 2012

i have owned this car from 2004(new) and still have it. i now have 155,000 miles on it getting ready to but a new timing belt on this will be number 2. its a vary good car just treat it right. i get 35 mpg plus parts are cheap when it needs it everything needs maintenance.

MPG's were far less than I would expect

by bubbacar from central, Ia | March 5, 2012

The car runs and drives as I would expect from a cheap small box car. It does not get near the fuel economy that I would expect. It averages 28mpg but I am working on increasing that with a cold air intake and new plugs/wires and possible a performance chip. It is a good commutor car.

Cute, Fuel efficiant, SAFE

by crashbaby from Chicago,Il | April 3, 2011

I had my 2004 Aveo LS 5 door for 5 years before I crashed it. It was extremely fuel efficiant I filled it up once every 2 weeks and drive 30 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. I'm single so I didn't need a ton of room but the Aveo was able to hold a baby seat in the back when I babysat for a friend. It held everything I needed it to from groceries to luggage. I live in Illinois so I had to drive it through snow slush and ice alot and it always did well, I even drove it in a blizzard once and didn't slide at all. In November of 2010 I had the tires rotated and something happened that allowed for the wheel to come of the next day while I was driving at 50 MPH. I swerved done the rode a bit eventually crossing the lane of oncoming traffic. When the car it the ditch if flipped end over nose and then rolled at least twice. The car came to rest on the drivers side. The air bags deployed and the front end was crushed. I was able to climb out of the car by myself using the seats as a ladder and walk away. The only injury I sustained from the accident was a bruised and sprained shoulder. For a little car that everyone told me would never protect me in a crash I think it did pretty great. Don't let the size fool you this car can protect you in a crash!

Miss the old days

by Loved it till it blew up from Champaign, IL | June 29, 2010

I bought this car new and took great car of her, i put 96,000 miles on it and they were great. Until I took it on vacation and the timing belt tensioner snapped breaking the belt (its not a chain) causing the pistons to hit the valves breaking all of it in the process. $3000 to put a 60,000 mile engine in it or $5000 for a new one. But it will probably break again, I was only able to locate one used engine because "they've all blown up"!! It was a great 6 years, I loved it..but it betrayed me and I will never own a Chevy again...Looking at Ford now EHHH

timing belt

by ed from south carolina | June 9, 2010

The 2004 aveo was a reliable car until 62,000 miles when the timing belt broke. This caused the vaulves to be bent and left my family stranded. per the local chevrolet dealership it would be cheaper to buy another engine. now I have a car worth $3,000.00 dolars that needs $2,000.00 in repairs using a used engine. If you decide to buy one change the timing belt every 50,000 miles.

Worst Car on the Market!!!!!

by Mom on the go from Loveland, CO | January 11, 2010

I currently own a 2004 Aveo. I originally bought it because I wanted a basic vehicle, I didn't want power anything, just more problems to deal with is what I thought. Well this car has cost me more money and headaches that a vehicle could possibly be worth! To start the over exaggerate the in-town mileage. Brand new I was only getting 20 on a good day. I've replaced both O2-censors within the first 6 months. Lets see the fuel pump went at out 32,000 and the transmission has been replaced twice in 6 years and the problems just keep on coming. I recommend that someone take this car and push it off a cliff. I'm going back to my 93 Geo Metro because it runs better than this piece of tin!!!

Great little car!

by Alex from ORLANDO | September 25, 2009

I got this car with 19K two years ago.I have manual transmission, CD player,AC, but not power window.Now I have 47700 miles and car never so mechanic garage. When I went to buy tires I was surprised that I have to pay only $40 per it.It is the big defference compare to mid or full size cars. This car also has great warranty offered by General Motors (5years or 100000 miles). I got 27 miles per gallon driving in the city every day and I am loving it.

Best

by Aveo lover from MA | January 12, 2009

Great Car!, does great in winter, could use more features but is a good value for the money. Needs more pickup power though.

sits in my driveway and takes up space

by Chev Enthusiast from Thunder Bay, On | October 8, 2008

I bought my 2004 aveo brand new. Its has 90K on the odo and no longer runs. I still owe a year. I can't afford another vehicle and can't get to work. I am now in collections. Take it...........

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Aveo