2006 Chevrolet Aveo

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Worst car ever.

by Lianchazar from El Salvador | June 1, 2014

I would say that simply this car does not make it to more than 100,000 MPH, i gives you lots of problems. I have replaced so may sensors and other things on this car and it simply continues to give me problems. I would never suggest this car once it has reached more then 80,000 MPH.

Extremely Reliable

by Regular 'ole Jill from Minnesota | January 2, 2013

I had never heard of this car before I bought it and was a little hesitant because I really wanted the sedan style and I had to get the hatchback. However, besides the little replacements that always happen (new tires, I live in MN so this happens more often than southern states, light bulbs and a serpentine belt) it has been the most reliable car ever. Takes a little time to get up to speed when first taking off but considering its a 4 cylinder, that is expected. Once it gets up there it's super smooth and very easy to speed without realizing it. Its roomy enough that my 6'3" friend can drive and ride in the back. I would definitely buy another one.

love m car

by kint from keller, tx | December 14, 2012

I live my chevy.its my first car I got it used.I use it to commute to work and school and I travel roughly 12 mi one way.a gull tank last me a week and a half.very reliable, fuel efficient.I am in love with car.I have had it for 2 months now.will see how it goes

Worst car I ever owned

by Angry GM Owner from Marquette MI | November 15, 2012

I got this car in 2008 as a commuter car . in that time I have gone through 4 sets of tires, 6 wheel bearings two rear axles, timing belt, water pump, heater blower. Look in the ditional under lemon and you will see the Aveo.

A great car for people on a budget

by Esmith from San Jose, CA | September 2, 2012

The 2006 Chevy Aveo is a good car for your money.No recalls on these vehicles and has more power than a lot of 4 cylinder cars. The down sides are gear shift is to wide and on all the Chevy Aveo's it is recomened to replace timing belt at 60,000 miles as there have been reports of early timing belt failure which could damage the engine.

Great little car ..

by spicy from searcy ,ar | August 18, 2011

Best car I've ever owned for the price..had little problems with it..Driven everyday to work ..32 to 35 mpg..Needs a little more pep in first taken off..other than that it is fun to drive.so far have 108,000 miles on it and its still running strong..Put a good set of tires on it..no complaints.just a good economical car..

Biggest piece of Junk I have ever owned

by Aveo Junk owner from WI | March 2, 2010

Purchased in May 2006, have already replaced wheel bearing Sept 09 and seems like wheel bearing is going again. Its a very rough ride, this car is cheap Junk. Have always been a chevy lover, after this, I will switch to Ford.

Great Little Car

by Icepick7P from Galion, Ohio | July 27, 2009

I bought my Aveo used in 2006 it had 22,000 miles on it. Had the same shaking problem but i found out that a front wheel had been bent from a possible pothole. Had a new throttle body installed but it was covered by Chevy. When you put new break pads on use ceramic type they work great on this little car. Also do not forget to change out timing belt at 60,000 miles. Have almost 80,000 on this little car and I love it.

Economic and No Problems

by GreenGirl from Jackson, MS | October 11, 2008

I purchased my Aveo in December 2006, when the car was not quite one year old. Since that time, I have had absolutely no problems more serious than a flat tire. My little car gets excellent gas mileage, runs perfectly, is very roomy on the inside despite the compact size, and handles very well. The interior is starting to wear out a little, mostly because I often take my large dog with me when I go places, but other than that, I've had no complaints. I highly recommend the Chevy Aveo to anyone who is interested in getting great gas mileage, reliability, and an all-around cute and comfortable ride.

GREAT CAR

by carlover from Nashville TN | May 14, 2008

Have put nearly 50k on my used Aveo this is my comuter car and i love to drive great fuel economy and handle pretty good for such affordable car. great reliablity. it runs smooth at 65mph. This is the type of car if you service the car regularly it will reward you with very few problem. only dislike is the radio and sound system could use an upgrade.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Aveo