2009 Chevrolet Aveo

27 city / 34 hwy

Overall

great little car

by Rj from Oconto Falls, WI | October 11, 2013

i recently purchased a 2009 Chevy Avero and so far I"m very pleased with it. the Customer Sevice i recieved at the GMC dealership was top notch. looking forward to lots of great years and miles with my new wheels.

Little car that feels big

by JC62Mechanic from West Bend, Wi | May 12, 2013

I love my Aveo. As a retired mechanic, I am enjoying my Aveo. Good car with lots of room and great gas mileage in the manual transmission. Not big on fancy, but definitely big on interior space. Can really pack it up and go.

Not for me

by cheapy from ca | June 1, 2012

What no side air bags?I really do not like my aveo.The quallity of the cabin and all is poor.It has those cheap control things.Thank God that they stoped selling it.Now I want the aveos replacement the Sonic. I herd the Sonic has a higher quallity.Oh and the seats are not so comfortable.

First Car and Loving It!

by Aveo5Lover from St Peter, MN | April 23, 2012

I just bought a 2009 teal Chevy Aveo5 in March as my very first car. It had just over 60,000 miles on it and was in great condition. I test drove many cars in my price range and kept coming back to the Aveos. Finally, I decided those were the car for me. The only problem was they were so hard to find for sale! Each time I would find one and call, it had been sold just a day or even hours before! So I set up an alert system for when a new one was listed and one day my dream car popped up and I pounced on it. All of the effort, and the loan, was completely worth it. I drive home from school about once a month which is 70 miles and drive it around in the town I go to school and have only had to fill it up twice in these past 7 weeks. Great mileage, good safety, comfortable enough for the price, super cute! It accelerates quite well for a 4 cylinder, better the the Hyundai and Toyota cars I test drove. It does get a little loud if you punch the gas and doesn't accelerate as fast as my parents' Acura, but definitely does the job. Great breaks which is one of the reasons I picked this car because I am kind of paranoid about being able to stop in time even if I have plenty of room and this car stops very quickly since it is so small and light. I love my car and would recommend it to anyone who needs a nicer car for a college student budget as long as you don't plan on trying to race anyone in it.

Nice Car

by LH from Western Kansas | January 16, 2012

Recently purcased a 2009 Aveo LT 5 door. Really like the little car and it is a fun to drive car. I'm 5'11 and weigh 210 pounds and find the car surprisingly comfortable. The only complaints i have is it is the base model no cruise control or power locks and windows. I like the car so well that i'm planning on my next car being the new sonic.

Great car for little money

by Bargain shopper from Appleton, wi | August 26, 2010

Great Car but I hate that it doesnt come with electric locks or windows. Comfortable to drive. Great gas mileage.

Aveo LS 5

by Dave from Florence, AL | August 12, 2010

Decent gas milage but not great (Avg 30 mpg-town; 33 mpg-highway). To get 34 or above mpg, you will have to go 60 mph or less. Good handling but not the greatest outter looking thing on the market. Reacts to handling very well. Stick shift type is very, very sluggish but what do you expect from a cheap car. Sits decent but for long trips, for sure buy the automatic with cruise control. Driving lights are very bright and work very good to see things way in front of you. Only has 2 cupholders in front under radio that prevents access to underneath storage when slid out. Only 1 cupholder in back that just makes one of the back seat passengers hold their cup. Tires rotate about twice as fast as most 16" rims, so about every 25,000 miles; look to replace the whole set and that ain't cheap cause they are special made tires with special expensive tires to match. Oil filter ain't cheap to replace either, cause it is special made and is not actually an oil filter at all. Rather, it is only a cartridge that fits inside the current outter oil cover. Environmental wack-o's at it again; thinking they are saving the planet but all they are doing is complicating things and making the buyer pay around $45 per oil change, when we could be paying only around $23 per oil change. All in all, I would rate this a decent care to good car for the money but for sure get the automatic.

GM as good as anybody

by handsumguy from Great city of Chicago | July 16, 2010

U get what U pay for! I found this GM car has been copied by Honda and I would put this against any of the imports for overall quality and ride! and now with the On Star system and side air bags, satellite raido, how much more does one want!! You want acceleration , buy something else. You want value, I highly recommend it!! Drive Detroit, that's what I say My family has been buying GM for the past 40 years, and sorry folks about the brainwashing, we make great autos!!

04 Aveo bombproof,09, a bomb

by FormerAveofan from Fairbanks, Alaska | May 21, 2010

I bought a brand new 09, after selling my 04 to my brother at 189k miles, which I also bought new. The 04, after 6 hard Alaska winters, needed new wheel bearing, ball joints, timing belt, alternator, belts, and tires, which I all replaced. At 205,000 miles, it is still going strong. My 09 at 15,000 needed both front wheel bearings replaced. At around 17,000, the thermostat went. At 35,000, it needed new tires, as it burned all the tread off the old ones. At 41,000, needed both front bearings again. And it started burning up the new tires, even after a 4 wheel alignment. On the upside, it was relatively comfortable inside, had a great heater in winter, and it had great headroom. The audio was mediocre at best, and it was hampered by the outside noise at highway speeds. The absolute most annoying feature of this car was the hi-beam indicator light in the dash, a bright blue orb that shines right into your eyes at night. OK starter car for the money, but get rid of it before 36,000 miles when the bumper to bumper warranty expires, or you will be shelling out the bucks for repairs. For a small car, the ride is good, handling is solid, even in the hills, and windy roads. My Aveo sedan was a 5 speed, and it did fine in the hills, and I was suprised that only in the really steep hills, I had to drop a gear. Mileage was great, about 40+ on the highway. However, at 46,000 miles, the alternator was overcharging, and the rear bearings needed replacing. The dealer offered me a decent trade-in, so I moved into a 2010 Malibu. No more Aveos for me.

2004 AVEO

by driver fun realist from pikeville, tn | March 13, 2010

I have read some of the negatives remarks about gas mileage. All i have to say on that is don't drive with a lead foot. I usually get 35 miles to the gallon and on the oppen road closer to 40 mpg. acceleration no problem drive every day long distance on interstate to and from work,. comfort ok, would have liked a real good cd player in it, can't have it all handles well looks sharp interior could use a little mor e fluff good value for money spent. very reliable only thing have to replace a lot is tires. looks small from outside , but when you get inside is surprising how much room you have. large trunk that opens into the back seat area. great for hauling extra stuff. really love this vehicle and hope to be driving it for the next 20 years.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Aveo