1997 Chevrolet Camaro

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My Valentines Gift

by Princess from Troy,N.C | February 5, 2014

My husband bought me a 1997 Z-28 Camaro Convertible. It only has 14,53 miles on it. It been owned my 2 car dealers from the time it came off the line. Always been in a garage I'm the first private owner of the car. I just love my dream car. It rides and handles like a dream. I may of had to wait until I was in my 50's to have one but the wait was worth it. I can say to much of how much I love it and I feel like I just got a new car off the showroom. When I looked at it for the first time it was in Friendly Chev. Showroom in Troy, N.C. Can wait to it warms up enough so I can put the top down and drive it down the road. Like a Myrtle Beach.

most reliable ia a ford taurus

by Toby from Hartwell GA | July 24, 2013

I dont like fords for I was a ford mechanic for 14 years but we got this taurus and other than battery and running hot once has left us on the side of the road. And you can believe it that the law in western nc will not even stop to help

My Baby

by BigTed from Chicago | January 7, 2013

I bought my SS a little over 5 years ago from the original owner with 9k miles. I just hit 12k this summer. I LOVE MY CAR. Living in Chicago sucks with all the stop and go trafic, but unless something special pulls up on the side of me, he/she has no chance on a stop sign or red light. Invest in high performance tires, a little extra performance parts under the hood and love the car. AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK. (Only flaws, gas mileage&Im 6'5 330 so comfort)

Performance is unbelievable

by Ron from SC | May 27, 2012

This car is not a z 28 folks. This is one of 2500 made at SLP . It was tested by SLP against the corvette in the quarter mile. Vette turned 13.4 . Camaro turned 13.7 . I own the car since new.I have ALS and can't drive it anymore. Don't miss this deal. Car is immaculate inside and out. I drove 5000 miles a year.

FUN CAR

by ELJSYO from Norfolk,NE | July 8, 2011

The Camaro is a fun car to drive, where can you get a car that can do 140 mph or 27 mpg if you drive nice. The seats could be better, after 500 miles they need more cushion, the brakes are ok but the larger ones on the 98-02 models would help. Styling and value are hard to beat. Keep it in good shape and it will hold it's value.

Awesome Car.

by The Z28 Guy from Joliet, IL | November 25, 2009

I've owned my camaro for five years now and I will never sell it. The 350 V8 5.7 is simply a beast. The LT1 is a torque monster. The LS1's may have more top end, but I perfer the LT1's because they are generally faster off the start. Every thing about this car is amazing. Don't expect it to be good on gas, don't even think about driving it in the snow unless you have to, and don't expect repairs to be cheap. With the 5.7 crammed in such a small area this car will be more expensive than average to maintain. I have had only minor problems with my camaro which are completley understandable being a 1997. I have needed to replace the waterpump, optispark and starter which was no big deal at all. My Z28 is at 75,000 miles and still runs very strong. If you buy a V8 Camaro, GM highly recommends premium gas and full synthetic oil for the V8 engine models. The only thing you really have to keep an eye on with the 1997 Z28 is that the gas gauge level is not always correct. It has no gas warning light so you really have to watch the gauge. It may say you have more or less gas than you accually have so you should refuel once it reaches 1/4th tank. I've ran out of gas five times letting it go past the 1/8th tank. This car is awesome, got to love the power of the 5.7 and the torque of the LT1. Got it up to 137 once, and it still could have gone faster- I just got scared. I recently put on a Cold Air Intake (watch for puddles), Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, Off Road Y-Pipe, and Exhaust. I then switched to K&N Performance Gold oil filter and Castrol EDGE Oil. Lets just say it made a huge difference. It runs way smoother, much stronger and more responsive and faster off the start. After I put on the bolt ons and switched oil it went from 288 HP to 318 on the dyno. If you can get a well maintained LT1 with not a ton of miles on it, you will not regret it.

Great 97

by Out Of Focus from Evansville, IN | March 24, 2009

"The Camaro is the greatest representation of affordable Detroit muscle ever built. The 350 V8 obviously packs great power and torque with good mileage as well. On the highway I can get 20-25 mpg with my Z28. If you are looking for an affordable car that delivers great power and torque, the Camaro is definitely the car for you. I would take an American muscle car any day over an import. Their 4 cylinders can't replace the torque from the missing displacement. IT'S GOOD TO REV BUT IT'S BETTER TO MOVE."

Greatest Car Ever

by Master Z from Connecticut | January 17, 2009

fast reliable

by camaro lover from brooklyn NY | January 1, 2009

i have an 87, 89 and 97 30th anniversary camaro. they are just flat out reliable , i loved the 97 because of its speed and 200hp , and the looks of admeration you get when you come out of the car wash are priceless the cons are the passenger room ,not enough, every one but you will be uncomfortable. older people will have trouble getting in and out of the car(very low to ground),and the trunk space is incredibly small,and this car can not by any means be driven in the snow i dont care how much wieght you put in the no special tire will help this car is lower than most cars and what tends to happen if driven in the snow you begin to plow the snow and get stuck in other words its a horrible family car, but this 3rd gen car is awaome for young car owners or beginners

great car

by 97camaro from oxnard,CA | February 11, 2008

I own a 1997 30th anniversery v-6 camaro. It is a 5-speed with the original clutch. this car is now 11 year olds and has had no major problems. As stated before it has the original clutch and no transmission work has been done. This was and still is my first car. I must be honest i do not take it easy on this car, but it is very forgiving and i have never had any major problems. The only problems i can think of are minor electrical problems, but once again this is a 11yr old car so small problems are expected. This car is also noisy inside, many small parts squeak and rattle, and thus f-bodies (4th gen camaros and firebirds) are often refered to as "rattle boxes". However i dont mind the rattling. It reminds me that this is an american muscle car with a very suprising amount of power for a V6...this car also handles suprisingly well. i am always amazed at how sure-footed it feels in the corners despite its"i only go straight" look...I have few modifications (SLP cold air intake,Dynomax dual exhaust,and Pacesetter headers) even with just these few modifications the car feels much stronger. I live in a small town on the coast of southern California in which there is nothing to do...consequently there is a lot of kids running around in civics with an intake and a park bench GT wing. So it is nice to pull up next to one of them even in my v6 and show them wat RWD can do...i love my car...i have had it for a long time and am currently saving up for a new car..but this is a great car..i have had 0 engine problems in the entire 11 years it has been in my family.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Camaro