1998 Chevrolet Camaro

$83–$12,151

Overall

Amazing car i love it

by Colton from Carpentersville, IL | December 17, 2013

I bought my Camaro Z28 with 95,000 miles and paid $5,000. I made the mistake of going to a midas to get it checked out before i bought it, so all they did to check it was open the hood and the re close it. So after 2 months i blew a head gasket and then 4 months after that i blew the transmission the total cost for all repairs was around $6,000. This car was not reliable for me but i have heard nothing but positive stories about other peoples camaros and there reliability so i must just have one that was abused and was unlucky. This car is amazing otherwise it is very fast and comfortable and nice. I would actually get 18mpg city and 14 even when i pushed it, highway i can easily get 25mpg and i go around 85mph or faster. The interior even with the cheaper plastics was put together well and ive had no problems and it is lots of fun to drive. It is very responsive and easy to drift and hilarious in the snow and rain to drive. Thanks for reading i would recommend this car and would suggest getting this.

A grin with a pedal

by Brandon from Indianapolis Ind | December 15, 2013

I love my 1998 Z28 Camaro m6.I loved them when they came out in in the 90s, now I have had 2 94 Z28's 1 94 T/A m6 now a 98 z28 never had problems and these cars are very fast you cant beat it for the money they put a smile on my face when I put the pedal down and great mpg I put a 6.0L in my car and I still get 29-30mpg got to love that best car I have ever owned hands down.

Absolutely American Muscle!

by Andy from Pa | March 9, 2013

I owned 4 Camaros growing up and then sold the last one for something a little more family oriented. Finaly 14 years later I bought a 98 SS. Every Camaro i owned was a solid all around car. I never had any major issues with any of them that weren't my fault for being young and dumb.

MOST DEPENDABLE!!!

by Camaro king from ?St. Petersburg | April 24, 2012

this car will last you a really long time. i think that it is great as a first car. and also as a family car. to get this car is a steal and is worth every dime.

Amazing

by SLPSS from Cleveland, OH | May 7, 2009

I have wanted an SS Camaro since 1998, when 2007 rolled around I finally was in a place where I could buy one. I use it as a daily driver in the nice months and love every minute of it. I can get 30mpg on the highway and it still is the best bargain for performance on the road. If you want a fun car that has a good price and solid fuel economy, this is it.

Puts a grin on my face...

by Robert from Leesburg, Virginia | October 15, 2007

I bought the car used in 2004. Haven't had any issues with it other than the O2 sensors and knock sensor. Which, if you have any skill at all turning a wrench, you can do yourself. The car is basically stock other than exhaust, intake and computer program. The Z puts a smile on my face all the time. For the price, this is a good performance car. Other cars out there with the same or around the same amount of power do not plant you into your seat so much as the Z does. Still makes me feel like a kid. If you want a good all around sports car but do not want to pay the price for a super car. These are good cars to have and, after maket parts for performance and appearance are in abundance. The LS1 engine is a popular engine to modify. It's unbelievable the potential of this engine. In all a good sports car!

Cheap, Beutiful, Performance

by Corvette Mechanic from New Orleans, Louisiana | August 9, 2007

this car is very reliable, and definetly in the price range of any teenager, there are many used ones out there, and they will stand the test of time, besides looking great, they handle well, have a faitly powerful v6, and an extremely powerful v8, chevy also makes the most fuel efficient sportscars, interior is nice however some of it is cheap plastic(General Motors usually is) and it does ride like a sportscar, but that never bothered me.

Camaro SS

by Silver Bullet from Indiana | January 30, 2007

I bought the '98 SS while a sophomore in High School. I'm now a Freshman in college, and the car has been great to me. It has around 63k miles on it, and it runs great. The best thing about the car, is the way it handles and the speed. Granted its not a Porsche or high priced exotic, but for a great price, you get a ton of Horse power, the '98 SS puts out 325 HP, and you feel all of it. The car also handles well around corners and is great on dry pavement. However, with the sport tires, the car doesn't handle well in the snow at all, but that just forces me to keep my baby in the garage during the winter. Can't complain with that, the body styling is aggressive, and it turns heads just about everywhere you go. A great car to cruise around in and have some fun, while also being practical at the same time. Seating for adults in the back seats is difficult, and I would not recommend it on long trips, but for a short time, people can handle it. The ride is great for a sports car, but you still feel the road beneath you. But when your in a car built for speed and handling, the ride can be sacrificed. Trunk space is limited. I would recommend this car to just about anyone who has the time and will respect the car and its features. The Camaro is a must to drive, and own. Especially when you can respect the true American Muscle.

AMERICAN MUSCLE

by camaroman101 from il | October 17, 2006

This is a great car to own. I am a highschool student and could only afford a 98 v6. It has low pickup but accelerates quickly and has great handling. If you're worried about safety it has a 5 star frontal crash safety rating and i think a 4 star side impact rating. rack and pionon steering and very reliable.

Most Reliable & Gas Economic Car I ever owned

by Ceaser from Miami, Fl | September 7, 2006

This was my first car straight out of high school and let me tell you that is was perfect, i owed it for 6 years and never had a major repair at all. Unlike the mustang, this car is overall quality and performance. Great in the rain, Great in Sun , and Great overall. Came with the sports Package with 235/r16 tires and power everything, This car has features that some high end luxury cars do not have, like automatic lights, and power driver seat and keyless entry. overall if you are looking for money value car, that is very reliable and very fast, the camaro is the car for you. whether you be at a midlife sportcar need or a teenager looking for a great looking car, the camaro will always be the pinnacle sportscar

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Camaro