2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most beautiful car on the road

by Big Dumb Swede from Marshall VA | December 2, 2013

I've been wanting one since this model came out in 1995. 2002 was the last year for Camaros until redesgned in 2008. Every line of the car is beautiful; even the rear view mirrors and spoiler are not "tacked on" but are integrated into the design lines. With a 6 speed manual and V8 engine It has way more power than I need and it's taking a while to get used to, but it's wonderful. I hope to drive it for the rest of my life.

very happy with new car

by laurensz28 from easthampton ma | October 15, 2013

dealer was great beautiful well kept 2002 chevrolet z28 camaro converiable. very satisfied with the car and the dealer very good family dealer.

FIrst Car, Great Pick.

by FIrst Car guy from Long Island, NY | July 29, 2013

This is the first car I have ever owned. I have the v6 and it is a great car to learn how to drive in. This car has excellent handling and is a great beginner car. It has enough power to have fun in, but not too much for a first time driver. This car is somewhat difficult to see out of, but I feel like that has improved my space judgment.

Best Bang for the Buck Sporty Convertible

by Convertible Sports Car from Michigan | April 7, 2013

I have owned several Camaros and have yet to find a lemon. The 1998-2002 LS1 engines are super reliable, fast and a lot of fun! Would recommend the V8 for adult (mature) drivers and the V6 for younger ones! Great car for the money! Convertible is even more fun in the sun.

Top of the Line Special

by Pony Car Fan from Austin, Tx | March 16, 2013

I never thought I'd be able to replace the 2000 Camaro I lost when a drunk driver destroyed it in my driveway, but luckily, I was wrong. After extensive on-line research, I found a 2002 Z28 with fewer than 60,000 miles that runs like a top and looks like a dream, complete with all the bells and whistles. My mechanic was very happy with my find. Since it's the 35th Special Edition, it's even more of a collector's item. The radio controls on the steering wheel are great, as are the Bose speakers. I love the pick-up and the power of the car, and I love the grounded feeling of the wide wheel base. I couldn't be happier.

Value and Reliability in a Camaro

by Car Guy from St. Louis | December 20, 2012

I just purchased a 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro Coupe. This is an awesome car. I got the automatic though I would have preferred a 6 speed manual but it is still a lot of fun to drive. The LS1 engine puts out 325 HP and is surprisingly quick. The SLP exhaust puts out a nice rumble not a roar. The front end styling is classic, especially with the limited edition graphics. The front interior is roomy, the back for kids only. There were only 3,369 Anniversary editions built and they are all Red, but hey, that's my favorite color.

Sweet

by Muscle car lover from Noblesville, IN | December 5, 2011

Bought this on cars.com for my 15 year old son. I am glad he is not driving on his own yet, because I love it!! It has such a great rumble, spacious comfy seats, nice bucket seats in back.. actually pretty big car. LOVE IT!

2002 Camaro Convertible

by Jim-Tara from Eustis, Florida | July 16, 2011

I have personally owned 48 cars in my lifetime and the 2002 Camaro Convertible 3.8V6 is by far the most overall economical car I have ever had. After owning this vehicle for 8 years without any mechanical problems just routine maintenance I just sold it and miss it already.

Camaro

by me from Maryland | March 22, 2011

Great car! I love the 2002 Camaro, fun ride. This is my second Camaro and I still have my first--a 1977.

V6 is fun to drive, V8 heavy but powerful

by Camaro4thGen from Sacramento, CA | November 18, 2010

The 2002 Chevy Camaro is a good value for your money, however, don't be a fool. I wouldn't buy one over 90,000, that's when they start having problems, but not always. The V6 is fun to drive, sporty look, not a "performance" car, but good value. Some people think the V8 is too heavy, the SS has 345hp but sometimes you can't tell because it's so heavy. LS1 engine, but nothing like a corvette. Here is where you need to pay attention, these cars are known to lose coolant and overheat. Check your coolant level often. Repairs get costly, especially since everything is hidden and the engine has to be taken out to discover the problem. So I'd say if the car is healthy, it runs really well, however, if it's not, it can go really bad with the 2002 camaro.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Camaro