1990 Chevrolet Cavalier

Information Coming Soon

Overall

I was Stupid Teenager...

by GearGrinder79 from Waukegan, IL | December 18, 2011

It was September 17 1997. I was 18 yrs old and just out of High School. I had moved in with my dad and he got me this car for my 1st official car (Title in my name). I had drove a 1987 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham in High School (moms old car). The Cav AT cost me $800, and had 63,000 miles. At first I hated this car. I thought no one would take me seriously in it. But over a year and a half later and a 85' Saab 900, 87' Ford Escort GT, and a couple of Honda's later my Cav had earned some respect. A friend was selling his 91' Camaro RS V6 AT. My Dad said that when this Cav quit that he would help me get something better. I took that the wrong way of course and spent the next week beating the stuffing out of this poor car hoping something major would break....It took everything I through at it. The only thing that broke was the drivers seat. I bought my friends Camaro and sold the Cav with 81,000 miles FOR $800 BUCKS. Now it's 2011 I'm 32 yrs old and even though I've had 20+ vehicles since I still think about that old Cav and regret trying to destroy a car that served me so well... not to mention beat the pants off all my friends cars.

Excelent

by First Timer from Adirondacks, NY | December 14, 2010

My first car, and I've had it for over two years now.. its a year older than I am and put together probably better than I am. It's a very forgiving car, average mileage, average styling, but nothing will hurt you in it, it's a tank. Honestly a perfect first car.

One Of The Best Cars I've Owned

by Captain Redneck from Waterville, ME | September 15, 2009

I have a 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier with around 175,000 miles on it. Overall the car was a good purchase. I paid $300 for it over 6 months ago. The car has been great so far! Here are a few model wide problems. 1990 was the first year the 2.2 litre engine was used, so you get stuck with throttle body fuel injection, instead of multiport. As you get more miles on this engine expect pinging that you can't really do anything about. You should expect around 100hp out of the little 4 banger. And the 185/80R13 tires are very hard too get! Cheap plastic like interior is the norm for these cars. No power anything, mine doesn't even have power steering. The trunk seal often fails causing a wet mess. The spedo only goes to 85mph also, however mine can do every bit of that and have plenty left. For a 19 year old car it runs well and gets good mpg. I have the automatic and get around 25-28mpg intown and over 30mpg on the highway at reasonable speeds. One of the best investments I ever made! Buy one if you can find one, you won't be sorry!

problem car

by xtime from nh | April 29, 2008

water comes through somewhere and floods these cars my car seat has rusted off i think there are alot less of these cars on the road bc of this water damage the floor boards rust out

Chevy caviliar 1990

by Car lover from Black Creek WI | May 25, 2006

It is a nice car and if you treat it nice the car will last. For an older car it has the power the kids my need for the first car and it is very reliable to get you places. I have this car and i will not trade it for anything in the world it is my baby and i cherish it with my life. With my car style there are not that many people that have them around this area so it is very rare to see a car like mine. The handling on this car is great i can hug the corners with no problem at all.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cavalier