2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

$403–$5,807

Overall

Mediocre

by Josh from Ruston, LA | April 25, 2014

I bought this car second hand with about 50,000 miles on it. Was good to change the oil on time and everything. It now has 120,000 miles on it and the transmissions seems to be going out (flips between gears back and forth around 65 and revs funny). The ac has also gone out. I think the lack of cruise control when driving on the interstate is probably what killed the transmission. I would recommend it for driving around in town but long distance trips... not so much. That being said the car has been in a few small wrecks. I also have a toyota camry with twice the miles and I would trust it before the cavalier.

So far so good

by jimmy from Lake Geneva Wi | January 21, 2014

We just purchased this car not to long ago so it is hard to give a review, but from first impressions it seems like it's a well built car. It is a one owner with 75k on it and seems like it was well cared for as one would expect after someone spend money on a new car. The ride is quite and solid with nice handling characteristics. I must say the rear speakers blew out and I don't know why as this is the wifes car and she does not crank the stereo at all. The deal was to get the rear speakers out (2door model) they are sandwiched between the metal structure of the car and the finished interior piece in the back window. I had to take out the seat (bottom and back) and then the two large plastic interior panels. All in all it took me like 2 hours!! I could have just cut the interior panel but that's just not how I roll lol

great little convertible with loads of room!

by momwith3kids from Maywood, New Jersey | July 8, 2010

I needed a car to run my children around town and did not want a van. With all the driving back and forth, wanted to have fun so i purchased this car. the back seat holds 3 people that folds down and is able to fit ski poles, skis etc. Trunk holds 15 bags of groceries. There is no other convertible on the road that has this much room for a small car. The sound system is better that our van that my husband drives by co. that begins with a T. This car is good for bringing large items home. Yahama electric piano, couch, and loads of srubs, Christmas trees (top down with heat running) that I was able to cart places... not to mention 20 ft. pieces of lumber from home depot with a red flag on the back. I wish that Chevrolet would start making these cars again. I would buy another one. It now has 95K miles.

Best car I have ever owned!

by 2000 Z24 from | December 30, 2009

Bought my 2000 Z24 convertible with 37,000 miles on it cheap. Drove it hard for 8 years including towing a boat, not recomended according to the owners manual. Used synthetic 5w30 oil and changed every 12,000 miles. Developed a rod knock suddenly at 2,500 rpm @ 242,000 miles. Drove it home, could not feel any difference in the engine smoothness. Should have been nicer to it.Except for the fuel pump, spent $20.00 on a window motor and $90.00 each on front hubs. 600,001 between my last 3 cavs.

Best automatic car i have owned

by love my chevy from Fort Wayne, In | July 5, 2009

I have had my Chevy for a little over a year now and all i have had to do is regular maintenance and nothing major has went wrong. As long as you take care of this car it will take care of you.

heavy duty

by Grapefruit7625 from Windber, PA | September 18, 2008

I took this car off roading and it managed to survive that. I did have all the recalled problems, but I would recommend a 4 door one for safety reasons

Newest Car Ive Owned

by Car Lover from Canada | August 18, 2008

I thought that the Chevy Cavalier was very comfortable, as I was in the back seat a lot. The Chevy Cavalier was lacking in performance. With the lack of performance it was a lot easier to handle. The Chevy Cavalier does not have very good exterior styling and Interior design. The features were even worse. It is very reliable since it hasn’t needed many parts and when it does, they come cheap because it is domestic.

This is a little car with big savings in the tank!

by Jo from Geyserville Ca | April 29, 2008

I owned this little car from the time it was born till I hit a deer. Now being of sound body,It held up in manuverablity and proformed so good it took out only the headlight and the front fender with minimal damage to the hood.However it was totaled but should not have been by the body specialist own words.The insurance adjuster to avoid repairs did the total..I am apauled at that decission..but nothing I can do about it. Would I buy it again YES I WOULD it was a super car too bad it is now history..34 miles to the gallon..AWSOME in this day and age of huge fuel prices.

Great Car for Cheap

by Kimmi from Logan, UT | July 6, 2007

I bought this car over a year ago and only had one problem with it since then. Which is relatively well considering how often cars have problems. It's reliable and comfortable and a great car for the money we paid for it. It's a nice vehicle.

Z24

by Shorty from Champlain, NY | May 21, 2007

Not bad for a car. A great starter or a nice all around traveling car. Good gas milage. Well build car. Cheap and great for your dollar.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cavalier