2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

23 city / 32 hwy

Overall

98 cavalier

by stan from tn | October 1, 2014

I have a 98 2 door cavalier with 276000 miles only problem with car it will hydro plane good in snow and ice. still driving to work every day 52 miles one way using no oil and getting 34 mpg. have a friend with a 4 door same yr with over 300000 miles

Very Good Car

by SatisfiedOwner from | January 18, 2014

Purchased this vehicle in September 2007, and had very little issues, despite the mileage and how we had tortured this car. We had sold it in May 2013. Totally recommend as a first car. Very reliable and good value too!

Nothing Special, But Perfect Economical Transit

by Joe_Car_Guy from Oklahoma | December 25, 2013

I would highly recommend these cars to new drivers, small families or anyone wanting to cut their gasoline bill in half. I have put nearly 20k miles on mine this year. It's not a racecar but I can merge comfortably on the interstate. On the hwy I get 31.5 to 34 mpg in town about 21. The 2.2L is on the verge of being underpower when in town with the ac going full force. Like any car parts will wear out but these cars are easier to work on than most small cars of this millennia and parts are dirt cheap. I replaced my blower motor for $35. You can find cars that will get better mpg but none in this price range. I've seen several of these get into the 200k miles. One I saw recently was knocking badly it didn't have much left but it still shifted smoothly and had over 375k miles.

My First Car I bought and still own it

by Ish from Texas | January 21, 2012

I originally bought the 2001 model in 2004 and still own it (7 years later) . Years later I have literally have nothing wrong with. It had 39K miles and now has 118K so I do not drive very much a year but for the amount of time i've had it I would take trips from PA to FL numerous for college and now from FL to TX my home now. All through that it has handled great. Small maintenance items such as oil changes, brakes, tires and filters. Real easy fixes and for most cars during that time frame you could be putting in a couple of thousand. If you take of the car it will run forever and Chevy sure showed the reliability in this car. The down fall of this car though is the interior. I know friends with this car and it seems that my car had to worst of luck with the plastic cracking and eventually breaking. Areas of plastic are missing and makes my car look cheap. A little embarrassing but overall I can not complain since it has most likely saved me money over the long run. I would definitely recommend this car but to keep extra care of the interior.

Very Nice and Reliable Car

by Master Speed from Many,LA | June 20, 2011

We bought our 2001 Chevy Cavalier used in 2004 for a great price. We still have the car and it runs great. It's a very reliable car for the amount of miles it now has on it. My mom drives it to work almost every night and says she has never had any trouble out of it. The room is great and the folding back seat helps too. We buy big sacks of feed and I think it could fit about 12 sacks of feed in the trunk alone. The A/C is very comfortable and easily cools the car after its been sitting out in the hot sun.

never had an issue!

by lovemycar from Fort Wayne, IN | May 23, 2011

We bought a cavalier in 2000 brand new and kept it in the family from one sibling to another and we've never heard an issue. VERY RELIABLE! This one has almost 160,000 miles and it still runs like new. LOVELY LITTLE CAR! :)

Awesome sporty little sedan!

by phoongdan from PHX | March 21, 2011

I have owned my 2001 alternative fuel Cavalier sedan for more than 4 years now. What a great little car this is! 4 years after I bought the car used, it has still maintained its resale value. The alt-fuels really hold their value due to rising gas prices. The car has been exceptionally reliable. I had to replace a water pump at about 120,000 miles and more recently a faulty tail light socket at about 130,000 miles and other than basic maintenance, that's it! Great breaks too. The car is quick too! It's a 2.2L 115hp but with a few minor upgrades (air filter system, exhaust) and running synthetic oil you can easily boost this up to 125-150hp and then the car is quite zippy! I've outrun several other similar 4-cylinders. Keep in mind that this car is exceptionally light in its class, so it has a favorable horsepower to weight ratio. Plus about 25-30mpg in the city. I love the styling of this car - it looks great inside and out. Yes there are some minor issues with the plastic dashboard cracking from heat but other than that both the exterior and interior have held up well. My 10-year old paint job still looks good as does the original interior. Some people just don't know how to care for a car, and this creates a lot of their problems.

No good

by carmaster101 from | March 2, 2011

rip off car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave 52552

by nich52552 from New Somerset,OH | January 28, 2010

We bought the 2001 Cavalier LS for my daughter and it has been a very good car so far. It is very confortable for a compact car. Having the LS seating makes a big difference from the base Cavalier. Thye performance has been excellent, we normally get 30 MPG locally, the car handles very well for its size, the exterior styling is very good, the interior design is very nice, it does have the LS package which is alot nicer than the base model,The features are just what you need, the reliability of the car has been very good so far. It was a good buy for what we paid for it.

01 cavalier

by joe from | October 21, 2009

An alright car. It doesn't perform very well because of the engine size but it does get good fuel economy.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cavalier