2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

26 city / 37 hwy

Overall

Shaking

by Sarah from | May 4, 2014

Test drove this car this car the other day. Can't tell from the pictures but the clear coat is peeling badly. The engine shakes the whole car, especially when you shift into reverse. Dealer said something about the air conditioning not working too. Left rearview is cracked, but the interior is very well kept. If you think you can find out whats making it shake and fix it then go for it.

Positive all the way around.

by Jimmy from Chicago,Il. | October 12, 2013

Great Sports Car ,turns heads, Exceptionally clean,everything works,outside,inside,under hood,under car,very clean,no leaks.

Best car I ever have

by ALLAN from TAMPA FL | September 30, 2013

Even though the interior is pretty cheap, the engine and transmission are superb. It is a fast, reliable small car. It can make 23 MPG in city traffic and 32 MPG on a highway. I love it.

Cavalier: A Memorable Worthwhile Model

by ZX2 2 CavaDriver from Detroit, MI | July 31, 2013

The Cavalier feels secure, handles really well, and driving is a pleasure. The sporty LS in particular is appealing to the eye as well as fun to ride in. This is one vehicle that should be brought back into production. The Cobalt just doesn't do it as well.

Cavalier

by Cavalier from Baltimore, MD | April 5, 2013

Great little car, first time purchasing a Chevrolet. We purchased the car from Finish Line Auto Sales in PA. Great people, fast service and great communication.

I HEART MY CAV!!!

by DEPENDABLE from Missouri | October 14, 2012

Bought this car new with 7K miles. Now has 178K. Hit an elk on the highway going 70mph 6 years ago and stayed straight as a pin which saved my life. This has been the most reliable car I've owned. Only problem I have is my paint (dark green) is peeling and I'm deciding if I want to paint it or get another car. But I'm keeping it as a second car.

Great 2nd Car!

by jj from lynnwood | August 2, 2012

we had this car for almost 6 years now and I can proudly say hat I was very impressed with chevy. This is my wifes car and shep kept it very clean all these years. No problem what so ever until now only fuel pump replaced which was the only thing that happened. Oil changed on time every 3000 miles too and it is great o gas as well. Roomy and some what comfy too. Great cd player too. Also very fast for a small car which has a good engine size 2.2 liter! overall I give it 8 out of 10! if you are looking for a reliable car that saves money on gas! and it is reliable for just getting around and doing your whatever then this is your car. Cheap too I recommend it highly.

LOVED IT!

by cris from lynnwood | July 3, 2012

GREAT RUNNING CAR WITH EXCELLENT GAS MILAGE!! NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS. JUST HAD TO REPLACE THE PUMP! BUT OTHER THAN THAT GREAT TRANSPORTATION! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!

Great car

by Carlo from Raleigh, NC | June 11, 2012

I reviewed this car very highly, all though my particular model which had been a rental at one point did suffer excessive road noise due to faulty weather stripping and sound proofing. I accept this as a fault with my particular model, rather than a general problem with the model. Driving this car was a pleasure, and I felt that particularly for it's era it was packed with a good amount of features. Mine was the 4 door sedan targeted at families. I had two accessory sockets up front which was fantastic, as well an acceptable AM/FM/CD system. Also, as a bit of a car guy I really appreciated the growl the engine made, it was nothing too dramatic as it's only a 4 banger, but for the size engine it was satisfying. I went 7 years before needing my first major repair item, a fuel pump. Replacing this however cost $800 as it requried a new harness. Another costly item you will encounter is the timing chain needing to be replaced before 150,000 (check owners manual for recommendation). Mine was diagnosed with a small head gasket leak, so I ended up selling it. But it pained me to do it, I loved (and still love) this car.

good

by kevin from metro detroikt, MI | May 15, 2012

I bought this car three and a half years ago with 73k on it, it now has 117k on it and I'm yet to put a repair into it. Just general maintenance for those 44k miles. and it has gotten me good gas mileage for those miles. I have documented in my phone all of my costs of ownership, including price paid for the car, insurance, gas, maintenance, even tickets and parking; and the average cost per mile is $0.30. That sounds kinda high to me but compared to other vehicles0 averaging over $0.50 a mile that's really good. My average gas mileage has been 32.5 mpg, which I'm in Michigan so thats weighed down significantly by our winters. My highest I've gotten on a tank of gas has been 43 mpg, in July taking long trips on the highway.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cavalier