2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

26 city / 36 hwy

Overall

same as Toyota Cavalier

by Abo AL Chevy from Niles , IL | July 25, 2015

I Have 1996 cavalier , I bought it in 2004 still strong recently I knew, the same model sold in Japan as Toyota Cavalier, and this is a good indicator , equal to corolla !! what a nice car

2005 Chevy Cavalier

by pattycake59 from Claremore, Ok | July 19, 2015

I bought my car in 2005 and I love it. It has 195,000 miles on it. It has been so good to me. I had a few problems with it but not bad. This car is the best car I ever owned. It is 10 years old and I love it. After all these miles I put on it, Now it is having a bit more problems. I do not want to get rid of it. I love this car. It is the best car ever made, as far as I am concerned. I wish they still made them. I would up grade.. Thanks Chevy for making a great car. I love mine.

First new car

by There and back again from Ontario | June 12, 2015

After having driven used cars for the first twenty-five years I finally bought a new car--the 2005 Chevy Cavalier. It has served me well with only a few minor failures such as the speed control and the fuel gauge is messed up after someone rear-ended me (she hit a patch of ice that I had hit moments earlier) with no visible damage except the gauge has never worked since (2013). I've driven the car and pretty much neglect to follow the owner's manual recommendations (after the expiration of the warranty period which was 3 years). It has rarely, if ever, failed to start and the oxygen sensor was probably the biggest replacement part/job I ever had to have done.

Great First Car

by RR from | February 6, 2014

This was my first car three years ago. I love it and have had no issues with the car's functionality. I do have regular maintenance (oil, tires, check ups etc) on it as any good car owner should get. I have never once had an issue with it despite being a teenager who likes to push the car to the limit. I have the base model though so it has no power windows, locks, etc. I also like that there are 5 cup holders in the car, but the two front ones end up blocking off controls for AC. Overall I highly recommend this car, but to test drive before buying. It is a small car, and as a tall teen who barely fits in it, ... well just test it and find out. Also go with power locks and windows. Crank windows just don't do the car justice.

feel the test of sport car

by Cavalier expert from skokie , IL | November 19, 2012

I have the 1996 model , and i tested the 2004-2005 in few occasion , and i felt like i am driving sport car, 2004 is lighter in weight, and has more horsepower with 2.4 liter. if you want to feel you are driving chevy bel air buy the 1996, but if you like to feel more sportier go with 2004- 2005. the future of this car will be like the future of muscle cars of the 50s and 60s if you take care of it and do the regular oil change in time it will last for 200000 miles

Best car I've ever owned

by grandmama from Central North Carolina | October 9, 2012

I was told this was the worst car. I bought mine 6 1/2 years ago and have had no problems, just the usual check-ups and minor adjustments. I am sorry these cars are no longer made. My granddaughter has a 2001 model and she, too was told it wasn't a good car. She's had hers for 8 years with no problems.

Caveyy

by Cavv from Leeport, PA | December 28, 2011

I just bought a 2005 Chevy Cavalier and this car is amazing! I used to own a Dodge Dakota. That thing was the biggest gas hog! I love the Cavalier's design. This car is beyond reliable and overall pretty comfortable. If the seats get old they tend to get uncomfortable but mines new so I don't have this problem yet. This car is great for commuting or road trips. It may be small, but you can fit a lot in it. I highly recommend a Cavalier with power locks/windows/ etc. Overall, this car runs clean and smooth, no problems. Wish they still made them!

I love my cavilier

by Chevy fan. from Glenwood MN | July 4, 2010

This has been a great car. The only thing i have done is had All the fluids changed out(transmission, brake and radiator fluids) and stuff like that. I wouldnt say i am the most easy on this car because i am a teenager and you know what happens when you get teens in a car...tons of burnouts and drifts but when i am driving alone i am very easy on it. Cons: lack of features, seems to get constint burned out headlight(i have got it fixed sense i have writen this review) My overall opinion is that its a great starter car for a teen.

My first Car

by CanaanAlexandre from Birmingham, AL | August 29, 2009

I got my 2005 Chevy Cavalier when I turned 17. I have had it for 3 years now and for the most part it has been a very good vehicle. Performance is adequate, except it is slow to 60mph. Handling is excellent, but the seats are the worst I have ever seen or sat in. My car has 72k miles on it and the only problem I have had is with the speedometer not working. Other than that, the car has sufficiently done its duties. The front fascia is appealing and the color (yellow) is an eye-catcher. The car is small, but very dependable.

Hatley

by Jamie from Hatley, WI | August 25, 2008

A very reliable vehicle for the cost. Very fuel efficient & maintenence and repairs have been minimal to none. 62,000 miles and still a wonderful car!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cavalier