2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
Available in 8 styles:  2009 Chevrolet Cobalt 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Great year, great mileage, great buy

by Jdogtoocool from Gonzales, LA | September 22, 2013

I purchased the car because of the great mileage it gets but also because it was steal. Only thing I dislike is that it has no armrests, also I have yet to learn how to use the cruise control but I'll get to that sooner or later. Besides those small details I'm extremely happy with my purchase. It's a Chevy, what's not to love.

Still in love

by Holly from Los Angeles, CA | September 5, 2013

My first Cobalt was a used 2008. It was my first 'big girl purchase' and a stick shift. I fell madly in love with that car. I drove across the country with it twice, and put a substantial amount of milage on it. I never once had any kind of problem. It was dependable, got great gas milage, and recently proved just how safe it was. I was hit by a drunk driver in an Escalade about 2 months ago, and my little Cobalt held its own. I suffered only minor injuries, and I am confident that some other car models would have crushed like a tin can. Although the car was totaled, I went right back into the market to get another Cobalt. This time I bought a used 2010, and am loving it. Getting back on the road has been nerve wracking, but it helps to know I am driving a vehicle that can keep me safe.

Lots of style!

by American Car Convert from Ft Worth, Tx | March 20, 2013

I've only had this car for a week but I live it! Very comfortable and drives very smooth for a 5-speed. Would definitely recommend to friends.

Nice economy car

by TTS from Baltimore,MD | January 27, 2013

Just purchased an 09 Cobalt lt about 3 weeks ago. For the most part it is a good vehicle. I love how intuitive the controls are;a'lot of newer cars have very complex controls that are irritating to master. I also like how peppy the engine is; for a little 4 cylinder it moves pretty sprightly. Visibility is wonderful although the mirror adjustments are limited. The gripes I have with the car are minor. 1st, it rides well for the most part but does not absorb bumps well. I live in Baltimore which may have the worst streets of any place in the country so I can't be to harsh . 2nd, the power steering seems to be a little on the heavy side;I've heard this is typical in american made cars(I am coming from a Nissan). 3rd I wish the vehicle were slightly bigger. It is a compact so I wasn't expecting a Maybach like back seat but it is very cramped. It's competitors; like The Sentra and Civic, are also compacts but offer better rear space while achieving similar gas mileage. 4th and final con has been gas mileage. It has not been terrible but it has not been great either. I have been averaging about 24-25 mpg with 65%City 35% highway driving. It is not terrible but I was hoping for more. Overall the Cobalt is a good car for those not looking to spend a fortune, or those who want to downsize from a larger vehicle. I can't say much on reliability since I just purchased it, but my Cobalt has over 100,000 miles and runs just as good as ones I test drove with half the mileage. I'm confident it will reach 200,000 miles or more as long as I stay on top of regular maintenance. I used to be one who bashed american automakers, but the cobalt is changing my perception. Good job Chevy on building an affordable and reliable vehicle!!!!

Smart Money Choice

by Smart for the money from Humble, Texas | December 20, 2012

Great drive and gas mileage. It has a responsive and peppy pickup without sacrificing the aweome gas mileage! I bought a 2009 with about 28k miles I look forward to 200k great miles with the car. I would recommend this car to m friends and family.

cobalt ss

by cobalt ss from dover pa | September 1, 2012

I bought a 2009 cobalt ss and i am very happy the turbo engine is amazing enough power to let you have fun but its completely capable of just cruising around town and the fuel economy is with out comparison on a trip to the beach and a 4 hour drive through mixed driving i average of 34 mph the interior is a little plan looking but it has everything you need the trunk has plenty of room and the styling is very cool but very easy to live with

Cobalt SS Turbo

by Middle aged car owner from Central Ohio | August 9, 2012

Really great car, you can't beat it for the money! Hanlding is is solid and feels like it's on rails in the twisties. Gas mileage is around 29-30 average mpg. Front seats are very comfortable and keep you snug during spirited driving. Shifting is great with the manual short throw shift knob. Steering feels good with little to no torque steer. With the GM stage one upgrade, the car feels even stronger. Driving this car would put a smile on any and everyone's face. You can't go wrong with buying a turbocharged Cobalt. Quit second guessing and just do it!

DRIVERS BEWARE!

by VLK from TX | June 29, 2012

Driving on I-10 on a clear morning, going at 70 mph, not sleepy, not distracted... the 2009 Chevy Cobalt I was driving started to swerve uncontrollably, then went off to the grassy embankment & rolled on its side at least twice. It finally landed on its passenger side against some small trees. The front wheel broke off along with its axle. The airbags did not deplore. Miraculously no one was seriously hurt! I was lucky, but no telling how the next accident of this sort will end up. GM is totally unresponsive & denies any responsibility. Something had to be wrong with the vehicle! There was just no other explanation. This is not about law suits. It is about consumer safety! BEWARE

09 Cobalt SS

by 09 Cobalt ss owner from Indianapolis Indiana | June 6, 2012

Exceptional performance and handling in a small size. The dash and door panels are cheap plastic, but the seats are really nice recaro units. Pioneer stereo with sub is a nice touch, as is the sunroof. Dated design, but when you get past that, its a great mix of performance and gas mileage. Not to hard to get 32-34 mpg on the highway. Lots of aftermarket parts available for upgrades. Tuned by Corvette engineers, without the Corvette price.

2009 COBALT LS XFI COUPE

by "Sailfish" from BIGGS, CA. | March 8, 2012

IVE HAD MY CHEVY COBALT FOR A YEAR AND 3 MONTHS NOW. I GIVE THIS CAR 5 STARS! i STILL LOOK FORWARD TO DRIVING MY CAR EVERYDAY! IVE PUT APPROX. 40,000 MILES ON HER. CHANGE THE OIL AND FILTER AND AIR FILTER WHEN REQUIRED. GET ANYWHERE FROM 32 TO 48 MILES TO THE GALLON ON FREEWAY DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH WIND THERE IS. THIS HAS TO BE THE BESTCAR IVE EVER OWNED FOR PRICE. LOVE MY COBALT! THANKS GM AGAIN. BEST BUY FOR UNDER $10,000. ALL MY NEXT CARS WILL BE CHEVY!!!

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Cobalt