2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

See Photos & Videos

Overall

fun car

by my dog loves to ride in the car from mendon,ma | March 20, 2014

I purchased this car for the family to use going to the beach, trips to the mall or sports activities and of course taking the dog for a ride. It's just the right size-doesn't look like a "mom" car and good on gas. Sharon at did an excellent job finding a used car that was exactly what I was looking for. And Mike at Imperial helped with the finance process so we are in the in the payment zone I wanted. THANKS, to Imperial!

One of the Worst Car's I've Owned

by Commuter from NH | February 10, 2014

This is the worst GM car I've owned over the past 20 years. Purchased used and did not have high expectations, but was still disappointed. Bought with 30K for miles and now have 65K. Have had to replace the power steering motor. Transmission rebuilt, and its still not working properly. Interior design is cheap. Hazard light button broke after first use. Cup holders are in a very poor location under the heat controls. Can't disable the auto lock feature! Front end suspension rattles over bumps. I would not recommend this vehicle and I will no longer be buying GM vehicles because of the Cobalt.

Excellent Car for the Money

by LarryBoy409 from Laguna Hills, CA | July 23, 2012

I purchased my Cobalt used for a very good price, at one time it had some light damage to the front cover. Repairs had been made when i purchased. It is a excellent car on the same platform as the Cavalier. I previously owned a Cavalier which ran over 240,000 miles with the only major repair being the air conditioning compressor. I am quite happy with my purchase of a Chevy Cobalt.

Not so great in the city

by MPG Watcher from Lexington | February 17, 2012

MPG is averaging 20 in city with an automatic transmission. The car feels solid, but I'm disappointed in the gas mileage. Can't beat the warranty, though!

2010 Cobalt XFE BASE

by Jim from Ohio | February 4, 2012

Bought when Chevy was closing them out- No frills, not even a/c. Fantastic gas miliage - over 40 MPG Highway. 5th gear pulls good- plenty of power for passing. The bad- no spare tire- had to buy jack/spare from a wrecked 06. Not a car you want to go cross country in. Cramped. But for cheap money- it does the job.

too tall

by krazyj25 from columbia ky | October 26, 2011

this car ant made for tall pple i wonting buy it if you tall like im 6'4 and its a good lil car good on gas lots of tunk room

Nice Car!!!

by Poetress from MASS | September 28, 2011

I love this car it drives like a charm, and am very grateful to drive it. I love the power and performance, the cd player and sound system is awesome...A very nice car to drive.

Junk

by cobalt1 from | September 20, 2011

This was the worst car ever! I had so many problems. After the fifth month motor fan blew. Sunroof button ALWAYS fell off! SO much that when I took it to the dealer they knew what it was before I even spoke. The check engine light was on every 6 months atleast once. Two years later the fan broke again. I HATE THIS CAR! I sold it.

Second Cobalt, twice the fun and value

by James28 from Lanexa, VA | April 12, 2011

I bought an LS XFE imperial blue metallic Cobalt in 2010. The five-speed paired with the quick little motor was quite fun. The radio was awesome, as was the multi-function information system. About six months later I had an extremely serious rollover accident. Boy, it felt good to have an Onstar adviser call the authorities right away, and talk to me to calm me down. The car was totalled. Take two: 3 months ago I purchased a white LT Cobalt coupe. First of all, the upgraded seats and fabric (with driver lumbar, yes!) is just what I needed. The black interior looks much better than the grey of my first Cobalt. The manual was fun, but this car has a super-smooth 4-speed auto, which is one of GM's better products. Granted this car isn't as quick as my XFE, but it's still quick. I can get up to about 65-70 MPH when I'm merging into interstate traffic, and the high-speed response of the engine is fantastic. I get a steady combined 33 to 34 MPG. I like the layout of the interior and the attractive dash and chrome-rimmed guages. Yes, the interior plastics aren't as good as most imports, BUT it is an economy car and comes with tons more content than a comparatively priced Civic or Mazda 3 or Corrola. And with all the GM rebates, I got a great deal because the dealer wanted to get rid of the car as it was just sitting on the lot as a discontinued last-year model. My car's fit and finish is quite good...no rattles from loose trim. Another great thing is the upgraded radio with the USB port - the radio will control my i-pod easily. The fabric on the doors is a nice touch. I personally like the siver trim - it keeps the interior from being bland and monotonous like many of the imports. The 2.2 L LAP engine is very smooth and spools up with plenty of power, especially with high RPM's. The continuously variable valve timing and double overhead cam motor is just as good as the import's motors, and for the price point considerably more powerful. I don't care what anyone says, the exterior is very sporty and the panel fit is great. I have steel 15-inch wheels, but the wheel covers that Chevy uses are the best ones I've seen. Overall, this is a great car and a lot of car for the money.

2010 LS XFE Coupe

by Dobby from Rochester, NY | February 13, 2011

I've owned a 2010 Cobalt LS XFE Coupe for almost a year, and I still love it. Its reliability is supposedly 'well-below average' but I have yet to experience a problem, and with proper maintenance, the great majority of problems for any vehicle can be avoided. "The Cobalt's exterior is stylish, though it looks awkward from a few angles. The ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable. Mine is very fuel efficient (ranging from about 31 to 34 overall, and I do a lot of around-town driving), thanks in part to the XFE's 5-speed manual transmission and low rolling-resistance tires. Considering it's a 2-door, I am very impressed with forward and peripheral visibility, though the spacious trunk's lid can block sight to the rear. "My main complaints are its interior's blandness (lots of gray; I prefer the black interior), and uninspiring driving experience. Neither is bad, but I would like a little more excitement on the roads, especially if I had a four-speed auto that I can't 'make' engaging like I can with the stick. "Overall, I would recommend this vehicle, especially for someone who plans on keeping it a while, since the resale value is not very high. It gets bonus points for not being the traditional Corolla or Civic, and looking at it doesn't make you want to throw up like looking at the Elantra does. "Pros: fuel economy, trunk, efficient layout of interior controls, ride, exterior styling "Cons: bland interior, rear visibility, uninspiring driving experience, no ABS on mine (optional on LS & LT)