Launched for 2005, the front-wheel-drive subcompact Cobalt comes in sedan and coupe body styles and is available in several trim levels. The Cobalt's competitors include the Honda Civic, Ford Focus Mazda 3 and Toyota Corolla.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
All Cobalt body styles feature a horizontally split grille with a gold bowtie badge. Built on a 103.3-inch wheelbase, the Cobalt measures a bit more than 180 inches long overall, longer than most of its competitors. At 67.9 inches wide, it's narrower than all of its competition except for the Focus.
- Wheel options include 15-, 16- and 18-inch sizes
- High-performance SS model available
- Different rear-end designs for sedans and coupes
- Power sunroof standard on SS
With front bucket seats and a 60/40-split folding rear seat, all Cobalts seat five occupants, and the trunk can be accessed from inside the car. On models with an automatic transmission, an optional remote-start system allows drivers to start the engine with a key fob. Bluetooth connectivity is available.
Standard equipment includes:
- New option package includes Bluetooth compatibility, USB input, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, OnStar and 16-inch aluminum wheels
- CD stereo with MP3 jack standard
- Available air conditioning
- XM Satellite Radio (subscription sold separately)
- Driver information center
Under the Hood
LS and LT models use a 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine with variable valve timing. The SS model uses a turbocharged and intercooled 2.0-liter four-cylinder, which uses direct injection. The LS and LT are available with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission, whereas the SS is only available with the manual.
- 155-horsepower, 2.2-liter four-cylinder with 150 pounds-feet of torque
- 260-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 260 pounds-feet of torque
- Four-wheel disc brakes on SS
- Stability control standard on SS
Antilock brakes are standard on the SS and optional on LS and LT models. Cobalts with an automatic gearbox and antilock brakes also have traction control.
- Free one-year subscription to OnStar, which alerts authorities in the event of a collision and provides crash data
- Side curtain airbags are standard on all models, but side-impact airbags are not available
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt.