2004 Chevrolet Colorado

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

Available in 30 styles:  2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.2" WB shown

Overall

Great little truck!

by Crandall from Thompsons Station, TN | April 18, 2013

On July 31, 2004, I bought a brand new 2004 Chevrolet Colorado LS Extended Cab with the 3.5 liter 5-cylinder and 4-speed automatic. This past weekend I passed the 160,000 mile mark and very easily I might add. Over the past 4+ years I have averaged 22.7 mpg, I got 99,838 miles out of my last set of tires (BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour), and the ORIGINAL brakes, front and rear, are still on the truck and doing fine with a lot of life left on them. Like just about any vehicle, take care of it and it will last. I've made a few repairs over the years, but have never been left stranded. The only complaint I had was that the catalytic converter was welded improperly which in turn caused me to get it replaced twice for a total cost of $1,050. Like I said, it's been a great truck and at this pace I should get 250,000 miles out of it without much trouble.

new car lots of troubles

by bear from Tacoma Wa | January 30, 2013

I bought it new. it is comfortable, pretty good gas mileage, yet within the first 3 months these problems drive shaft to short , kept getting stuck in third gear, catalytic converter was improperly wield and was coming off. then the exhaust manifold had a crack all the way across. break handles break, brake light switch faulty, heater/ac fan only works on high power 99% of the time. fuel tank does not properly read the amount of fuel in it when it is lower than a 1/4 tank. i do like how it rides.

best truck I've ever owned

by rick from Ohio | July 29, 2012

Bought it as a low mileage used vehicle and found out quickly it is a great vehicle. Crew cab is very spacious and comfortable and while bed is shorter it still is large enough to haul what I need to haul. I would definitely buy another Colorado.

What a Horrible truck

by Jmarine81 from | July 18, 2011

I bought a used 04 Z71 used with 40k miles on it before I even drove it off the lot it stalled out. didnt have problems again until about 50k abs light comes on and off..now Im getting the infamous spit and sputter and wanting to stall changed fuel filter and pump been to dealer and many shops no one knows what is wrong with it. It is weak, no power. it rattles to the point of me wanting to rip my ears off or shove ear plugs in them. Half the truck is made out of plastic. I wouldnt recommend this new or used to anyone.

great picup

by my plain pu to SS from Turlock Ca | July 9, 2011

i got my chevy colorado as a certified used 18,900 miles have 40,100 miles on it now and the only problem i have had is i had to have the fan switch fixed it wouldnt work on third speed

Chevrolet Work Trucks

by Z71 from North Center Ohio | May 27, 2011

Big truck feel. Crew Cab bunch of room. Good power. Averaging 23 mpg straight 5 cyl. Wish GM would have put a nicer looking wheels on the Z71 two wheel drive. Do not like GM cloth interiors get dirty and stain quickly, would like to have the leather. GM needs to offer nice vinly interior seats like they use to years ago; use to be cloth or vinyl.

Impulse buy

by Jay Christopher in San Diego from San Diego, CA | July 4, 2010

Ok so I needed a new vehicle and i wasn't sure what I wanted. While driving threw newport news i spotted my truck. I didn't even test drive it, I got the ZQ8 edition. And for being a complete impulse (the sale took less then 3 hours) I love my truck. I will never own another truck, at the same time I will never for as long as I can let go of my truck either. Come to think of it since they got rid of pontiac i wont be buying another chevy either. But I digress, Bottom line if you can get your hands on one of these trucks buy it. These trucks have the pick up and go and they are just grrrrreat!

Has been a great truck!

by Dave from Ripley,WV | June 1, 2010

I bought this truck new.It now has 150,000 miles on it ! very few problems all were covered by the factorys warrnty. Good gas milliage for a 4 wheel drive 22 mpg!

great truck

by chevy guy from beckly,wv | October 3, 2009

this is a great truck for onroad of offroad i raced at the drag strip in north carolina and it ran 11.83 seconds on 1/4 mile at 106mph it is the v8 extrem edition i have the engine completely stock but it has a lift kit and 23's best truck ever

Best Mid-Size Truck There Is

by G from Broken Arrow, OK | July 5, 2009

The four wheel drive is awesome. As well as the I5 engine in it. Great exterior styling with a comfortable interior. Love this truck and will probably get another colorado with my next car search.