2008 Chevrolet Colorado

2008 Chevrolet Colorado
Available in 14 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Colorado 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.2" WB shown

Overall

Very Satisfied

by kono from Edmonton, Alberta | July 23, 2014

I bought my 2008 Colorado Z71 LT Crew Cab in November 2007. Being in Canada a 4x4 is pretty much a necessity and this little truck has been great. It has always received complements on it's look and is fine for transporting a couple of teenagers but it isn't a family sized vehicle. Mechanically I haven't had any problems other than a couple of turn signal bulbs and at $23 per bulb shame on GM. The truck now has 110,000 Km on it (Approx 70,000 miles) and it now needs rear brake replacement which I don't consider to be abnormal wear. It has lots of power and the retriever loves the back seat. I would recommend this vehicle and intend to drive it for at least another five years.

Crazy about the Chevy Colorado

by Cruisin 66 from Tulsa, Oklahoma | April 28, 2014

This is the perfect vehicle for me. First, it is a truck so I can haul things. It is equipped with a nice bed liner so I don't have to worry about dents and dings in the truck bed. This one is a 4 cylinder so it gets great gas mileage, especially for a truck. It's not too small but it's not too big either. It is a great mid-size vehicle. The extended cab allows me to put groceries inside on a bad weather day without using up front cab space. Also, when I travel it is a perfect spot to secure my two small dogs in their crates. This truck is everything I need and nothing I don't need. It is the most effeciently functional vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned trucks and cars but I have found the perfect vehicle for me. I love this truck.

Very stylish in great shape. Dealership is great.

by Jumbo from E Stroudsburg , Pa | March 9, 2014

The Colorado is in great shape and the dealership is very polite and Professional. I definitely recommend to shop here

Electrical Nightmare

by PonyGirl from Concord, CA | September 8, 2013

This vehicle has electrically been a nightmare. Within the first 2 years, the AC has had multiple problems (and currently only works intermittently in 2013); fuses have burned up b/c Chevy used cheapo plastic parts; OnStar stopped working and used up all battery power when car was off (so had to replace batteries multiple times while trying to find the problem); multiple check engine lights and other computer codes like TPM, problems never get fully resolved; dealership was expensive and NEVER fixed ANY of the problems; got a new mechanic and spent a ton of money on all these things. Mechanically, it's been sound so far so that's good. Spend SO much money on this truck in first 2-3 years and STILL spending money. Always something wrong. VERY disappointed. Seems like Chevy must have used a TON of cheap parts.

Best Truck We've Owned

by Spunky Lady from Ogden, Utah | December 10, 2012

The Colorado has the styling of a big truck; it is really sharp looking. It has a great ride, and has great pick up and go (no pun intended). Their is a lot of leg room for passengers sitting in the extended cab area and their are seats, not just a covered board in the extended cab. We like the fact that you can drive most of the time in the two-wheel mode, but are able to change to four-wheel drive when needed. We get 17 mpg in town. Haven't had it long enought to take any trips to know how it rates driving the freeway. We are very happy with the truck.

Good All Around Vehicle

by RDM from Tulsa, OK | May 7, 2012

I purchased a used 2008 Chevy Colorado 2WD Crew Cab with 4 Cyl & Automatic. Gas mileage is average to good with approx. 22 mpg overall based on majority of city driving. Ride is a little "bouncy" but smoothes out with a load in the bed. Performance is okay. 4 Cyl is adequate but slow to get up to speed if you're trying to get maximum mileage, otherwise need to "kick it down" for hard shifting.

Beautiful truck

by Colorado from Olympia, wa. | March 31, 2012

I bought my colorado used with 40,000 miles on it. So far i love how it looks and the maneuverability. It handles realy great on the highway in high wind and deep standing water, felt very secure in it. It holds our family of four with ease, with two of them being 5'11& 6'3". The downside is the interior with no vanity or map lights. The rest of the interior is ok, it has cup holders for everyone just not enough storage. The other disappointments are the gas mileage, my truck is not four wheel drive and has the 4 cylinder and I'm getting around 18mpg. Thats city and highway driving combined. My last complaint would be that it's had a few really hard starts that make me wonder whats in store for us. I would think a truck. with this low of miles shouldn't have any problem for awhile.

one of the best I've owned

by desert umpire from Palm Springs, CA | March 12, 2012

My daughter just totaled my 2004 Colorado. I'm taking my insurance money and getting another one! My 04 ran great, have few problems and was an all around family work horse. It was my son's truck and went he got cancer, I took over payments and dumpped a Range Rover and I wouldn't go back. Only con, Chevy had a recall on the motor and failed to notify me. I didn't find out until AFTER the recall expired. My local dealer worked with me and got it fixed...(shame on you Chevy).

Great truck

by bigbazeman from Windsor, NC | October 4, 2011

All in all this is a great truck. i have had my Z71 4x4 for about four years now and it has about 45,000 miles and not many problems. my biggest complaint would be the lack of maneuvarability. it is a beautiful truck i got the chrome wheels wich just adds to the looks of the truck. this truck had plenty of power to only have 5 cylinders. i love my truck

The Chevy Colorado is a winner!

by Hobee from Sioux City, IA | August 4, 2011

I did own a 2005 extended cab Colorado and traded it in when I purchased the 2008 crew cab Colorado LT. Loved them both. Very minimal up keep expense. Very reliable. I think they are stylish with nice clean lines and have a perfect stance. The 3.7liter inline 5 cylinder has plenty of power and is very smooth running. So smooth in fact sometimes you are not sure if it is running. If I was to complain it would be about the interior design. Not much thought went into it. the 2005 model had few storage places, no cup holders for the rear passengers. I had hoped by the 2008 model year that things might have improved. Nope! Nothing new inside. Other makes in this class have much better use of interior space and handy little storage places that just make living day to day with the truck a little nicer. Obviously the interior isn't a deal breaker because I bought the 2008 anyway. I think at one time they planned to stop making Colorados for sale in the USA. But now I have read that they will be offered here for 2012 and 2013 model years. I hope it continues long after that. It is just the perfect size truck that could work for a lot of people.