2010 Chevrolet Colorado

2010 Chevrolet Colorado
Available in 16 styles:  2010 Chevrolet Colorado 4x2 Regular Cab 6' box 111.3" WB shown

Overall

Great truck--love the V8 power

by Scott from Glenfield, NY | May 22, 2014

I've owned the truck for only about a month, but so far so good. I bought it used with 45,000 miles on it. The 5.3L V8 is awesome in a truck this size---the power to weight ratio is impressive. This truck has been hammered in expert reviews, but just about every consumer review has been positive and I will be another positive review. Yes, the interior plastic could have been better, but the heated leather seats in my truck add a touch of class, and the interior isn't as bad as most reviews say it is. I like the looks of the extended cab, although the rear jump seats are kind of cramped for long rides. I computed 19 mpg driving around locally, and the truck is rated at 15 city, 20 highway, so I'm not complaining---especially for a V8. I'm very happy with my purchase.

ford to chevy

by AL from upstate New York | July 20, 2013

I just bought a 2010Chevy Colorado,extented cab ,5cyl,long box. Its the Z85 model I really like this truck, I'm inpressed. I've been a ford man for 40 years but this truck caught my eye. The new Fords are way over priced for what you get. To buy a good ford truck you have to buy a Super Duty and they are way to much money.

So far so good

by Kster from Stuarts Draft, VA | March 24, 2011

I bought this truck with 6000 miles on it. I have owned it only three months. It's the extended cab 4x4 with the 2.9l . Power seems adaquate. However gas milage is not as advertised. I have been getting 17mpg consistantly. I drive conservativly. I like the design, comfort, and convience of the truck overall. On the road it is comfortable and well behaved. Off road it is quite capable( I live in the mountains, and am an avid hunter). My only real complaint at this time is the interior wind noise. I keep checking to see if a window is cracked open. I can't comment on the reliability at this time, having owned it only a short time. At this point I am very satisfied.

The Replacement

by ALThompson83 from Corpus Christi, TX | January 29, 2011

I recently found a product that has made my previous pick-up a truck of the past. The Chevrolet Colorado is one of the most gas efficient, reasonably priced, and safest mid-size pick-up trucks available today. The interior room is very comfortable. The big difference between this truck and my previous truck is the back seat. This room allows much more space for getting my girls into and out of the back seat. Also, the fuel efficiency is much better. Having children the safety features and the ratings are very important to me. I like the latch system for this vehicle. Also I really like the standard side airbags; I have witnessed them saving lives more than once. The only previous experience I have with on star is that of my friend’s Chevy trailblazer. This system has greatly improved with the voice recognition obviously better. Also a bonus, the 4 wheel ABS and the ESC, or electronic stability control. It makes a very obvious difference to anyone who has driven a mid-size pick-up truck before. You can feel the better control when it is raining or when you are making a sharp turn, GREAT FEATURE. I would recommend this truck to anyone who drives with their families for the safety features alone. This truck is a great buy!

good buy

by chevy guy from Florida | October 10, 2010

The Colorado is closer to a full size pickup than the former S-10. The 5 cylinder engine is excellent, lots of power. Convenience package is a big plus. The truck is priced a little too high, considering the competition.It's a little too large, in comparision with the S-10. In saying that, it's an excellent truck, but definately not a "compact" truck. This is the second one I've owned, the first was a extended cab, which was not very agile around town, the standard cab is a lot more maneuverable.

just bought it

by colorado guy from california | July 21, 2010

Great little truck! I have the v8 and its more tham enough power! Pictures of the interior of this truck dont do it justice, its actually pretty attractive. The truck is quite handsome overall and is a very nice gm product.

Sweet!

by Ben67zl1 from Mcgaheysville Virginia | June 21, 2010

I special ordered my ext. cab Z71 with a 5.3 and love it ,even with 4wd it loves to pass mustang gt"s and boy are they surprised! I recieve a LOT of compliments and it"s victory red

2008 Colorado LT 4x4

by truck guy from Kelowna BC | May 11, 2010

I downsized from a Silverado to the Colorado. Best truck I have had. I got good fuel economy particularly on hwy. It handled well, towed my boat with no problems and was comfortable to drive. I just returned the 08 as it was leased but I bought a 2010 Z71 4x4 to replace it. With the incentives right now it was a good deal.

it's a good truck

by not garage man's companion from Miami FL | March 6, 2010

I have an '09 SLE2 inline 5 cylinder GMC crew cab and have gotten a high of 25+ mpg & a low of 17. It is peppy and I have no problem on the expressway. The 4 doors are great, and even my elderly in-laws are OK in the back. The 5000 lb. tow rating is good & it came with a limited-slip differential, factory 2" receiver hitch & elec. connection. It is quiet, comfortable, and I have had no repairs needed. I would buy another. Thanks, Cash for Clunkers!