2008 Chevrolet Corvette

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

Awesome Car

by WTC862 from Centerport NY | November 27, 2014

I found the crystal red 2008 2 LT car with ZR-1 wheels and a cashmere interior on the Cars.com site. When I went to see it I had to have it. I owned a 1990 C4 Corvette and the 2008 C6 is far more sophisticated in every way except one. The seats. The C4 seats were far better in construction and comfort. I know its a personal thing but they do not work for me and I have had to have some mods. done to accommodate. Other than that, this car is gorgeous, a blast to drive, relatively affordable and easy to maintain. The LS 3 engine has tremendous power so you need to hold on when you get on it! Very compliant ride and still handles great. Highly recommended vehicle. Go for the 2008 and up for the LS 3 engine, trans and steering improvements.

love this car

by thejoz from illinois | October 2, 2014

So I have only owned my Corvette for two weeks but I am in love with this car. I have the LT4 interior so maybe that is the reason why but the complaints about the interior I don't understand. This car is crazy comfortable. Loads of power and great ride. I have owned two Camaro's prior and the difference is light years. So far so great!

Six years of ownership, long term update

by Steve87655 from San Francisco | September 15, 2014

I bought this car new off the lot in 2008 and I've been pleased with its power, appearance, comfort, and practicality. It's very easy to drive, quiet, well-mannered around town, but takes off like a rocket when you punch the accelerator. It's pretty exciting to drive a new Corvette off the dealer lot, I wish that everyone could have this experience. Now on to the annoying things: this car hasn't been as reliable as I had hoped. The "torque tube" needs to be replaced, for a cost of $2,000, this is an item that should last for the life of the car. I'm astonished that my low-mileage (27,000 miles) Corvette needs to have this part replaced, and it's no longer under the powertrain warranty so I'm stuck with the bill. The front tires don't last very long, so every 14,000 miles there's another $800 expense. Same thing with the brakes. I understand tires and brakes are wear items but still. The headlights went out and the computer needed to be replaced. The console lid latch keeps breaking, I'm on my fourth one. The glove box lid broke. The door lock solenoid broke. The differential fluid needed to be changed (warranty). The roof panel kept squeaking, but a dab of lithium grease on the contact points cured that. One of the door panels was misaligned and kept catching, but it was fixed under warranty. This is a beautiful car and I'm glad that I bought it, but you should set aside some funds for repairs.

3 time vet owner.

by Vet lover. from Miami,Florida | January 18, 2014

Love my vet. This is the 3rd one and am looking forward to the 4th. Don't wait until you are to old to really enjoy driving.

best sports car on he planet,,money is aobject

by mikee from Dallas Texas | March 29, 2013

At 70-75 I get a constant 27-28 mpg, and on the freeway it runs fine on regular, no pings. Handles great, ample horse power, topped it out once at 174 mph, Installed Dyna Mat and it's real quiet, I do wish the Navigation weren't DVD driven, I have 132,000 miles on it, replaced the shocks, tires, brake pads and a serpentine belt, spark plugs and battery, that's it, not even a blown light bulb, nothing else save for oil and filter changes, nothing. This car has never failed me and I've driven through the desert in summer several times, runs cool and the A/C gets cold enough to hang meat if you want to. Only non stock items, changed out the stock gear shift knob and cat back exhaust. I have lots of friends who drive much more expensive cars, none have had as trouble free ownership as I have. Car is now paid off and it still runs/looks great what more can you ask for?

Found My Sports Car

by Greg from | February 20, 2013

Found the model year and edition of the car I've been looking for on Cars.Com. However, it did lack some of the features I wanted such as tan interior and two targa tops. Made the sacrafice and got a pretty good deal for a 2008 C6 Corvette with the 3LT package. I'm juiced,

Best buy

by Snow bird from Beaverton, Ontario, Canada | February 8, 2013

Great way to buy a car. Privat sale. I would buy another car this way. I looked for over two months and it was worth the wait

Wow!

by Old car guy from Bethesda, MD | December 21, 2012

After having a street rod (1939 Ford pickup) for several years, I went after performance and reliability and I got in it spades with this Corvette. I especially like the heads up display, the sound system with satellite radio, and many other convenience features. Although I;ve only drien a couple of hundred miles, I've gotten very respectable gas mileage in the mid twenties. It's supposed to be able to be run on regular gas but, so far, I've used either 89 or 92 octane gas. I plan to try 87 next fill-up. The only negative is that it's not the easiest car to get in and out of particularly in tight parking situations. Just great car and a joy to drive.

Great economy car

by BCO from Anaheim, CA | May 14, 2012

430 horsepower and 28 mpg on highway trips? That's what this car does. The car will kill you on gas around town if you do not baby it, but the fun factor makes up for it. The only reliability problem is over three years is the "fob" (substitutes for a key), which can be a pain. In 2002 I bought a Mercedes SL500 new, and the Vette is a much more enjoyable car, plus you can get two Vettes for the price of the Mercedes. I highly recommend the car.

In Love !!!

by Not Getting Any Younger from Plano, TX | April 16, 2012

At age 59 I decided that I was going to pull the trigger and get the car I've always wanted for myself. I found a perfectly maintained 2008 'Vette in white with red/black leather, 24k miles, a true one-owner beauty. I drove it and said "where do I sign?" I have to admit that I was nervous about the power in this car but am here to tell ya that it is the best car purchase I have ever made. I love it more every time I drive it. It's ended up being a weekend car as I have not been able to sell my SAAB 9-3 convertible, so it gives me even more reason to look forward to weekends !!