2008 Chevrolet Corvette

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Local 2008 Corvette

by JoeS from Phoenix, AZ | June 3, 2016

Have been looking to re[lace my 2001 coupe with manual tranny as I sold it in Jan. 2016. Was looking within 300 mi radus and saw the crystal red one at the Mercedes Bemze dealer. Car was from Texas and ha 37231 miles with the 6.2L engine, 3LT interior with nav, paddle shifters and was clean. Had mis-matched tires on it. The car drove great, plenty of power, Z51 option with performance rear end. I have the car about 2 months and really enjoy it. I bought insurance through the Corvette museum. The only thing I do not like is the seats do not have enough cushion in the bottoms. Bought a pad and now all is good. Overall, the 2008 Corvette iss a good deal.

A happy wife

by Coach NH from Upper Marlboro, Md | May 19, 2016

We had to go from Upper Marlboro, Md. to Dunn NC to get this red Corvette for my wife's birthday. Everything was done online and we were in and out of the dealership in less than an hour.. My wife loves her new Corvette. She drove it back to Maryland herself. The 6.2 V8 is very fast and very powerful. The Corvette is the true American sports car. This 2008 Corvette is so much better than the 1974 Corvette I owned. A happy wife, a happy life. And yes, I have to have her permission to drive her Corvette.

dream realized

by Corvette Watcher from Louisville, KY | January 19, 2015

I have been dreaming of owning a Corvette since before high school. My work/life balance allowed me to pursue over the past year and I purchased used vehicle with desired equipment packages in Dec 2014. This first month, though challenged with cooperative weather, has been all that I have expected. Pro: power, driving vision, fitment, equipment package Con: driver seat comfort; replacement padding is readily available online at very reasonable pricing.

Awesome Car

by WTC862 from Centerport NY | November 27, 2014

I found the crystal red 2008 2 LT car with ZR-1 wheels and a cashmere interior on the Cars.com site. When I went to see it I had to have it. I owned a 1990 C4 Corvette and the 2008 C6 is far more sophisticated in every way except one. The seats. The C4 seats were far better in construction and comfort. I know its a personal thing but they do not work for me and I have had to have some mods. done to accommodate. Other than that, this car is gorgeous, a blast to drive, relatively affordable and easy to maintain. The LS 3 engine has tremendous power so you need to hold on when you get on it! Very compliant ride and still handles great. Highly recommended vehicle. Go for the 2008 and up for the LS 3 engine, trans and steering improvements.

love this car

by thejoz from illinois | October 2, 2014

So I have only owned my Corvette for two weeks but I am in love with this car. I have the LT4 interior so maybe that is the reason why but the complaints about the interior I don't understand. This car is crazy comfortable. Loads of power and great ride. I have owned two Camaro's prior and the difference is light years. So far so great!

Six years of ownership, long term update

by Steve87655 from San Francisco | September 15, 2014

I bought this car new off the lot in 2008 and I've been pleased with its power, appearance, comfort, and practicality. It's very easy to drive, quiet, well-mannered around town, but takes off like a rocket when you punch the accelerator. It's pretty exciting to drive a new Corvette off the dealer lot, I wish that everyone could have this experience. Now on to the annoying things: this car hasn't been as reliable as I had hoped. The "torque tube" needs to be replaced, for a cost of $2,000, this is an item that should last for the life of the car. I'm astonished that my low-mileage (27,000 miles) Corvette needs to have this part replaced, and it's no longer under the powertrain warranty so I'm stuck with the bill. The front tires don't last very long, so every 14,000 miles there's another $800 expense. Same thing with the brakes. I understand tires and brakes are wear items but still. The headlights went out and the computer needed to be replaced. The console lid latch keeps breaking, I'm on my fourth one. The glove box lid broke. The door lock solenoid broke. The differential fluid needed to be changed (warranty). The roof panel kept squeaking, but a dab of lithium grease on the contact points cured that. One of the door panels was misaligned and kept catching, but it was fixed under warranty. This is a beautiful car and I'm glad that I bought it, but you should set aside some funds for repairs.

3 time vet owner.

by Vet lover. from Miami,Florida | January 18, 2014

Love my vet. This is the 3rd one and am looking forward to the 4th. Don't wait until you are to old to really enjoy driving.

best sports car on he planet,,money is aobject

by mikee from Dallas Texas | March 29, 2013

At 70-75 I get a constant 27-28 mpg, and on the freeway it runs fine on regular, no pings. Handles great, ample horse power, topped it out once at 174 mph, Installed Dyna Mat and it's real quiet, I do wish the Navigation weren't DVD driven, I have 132,000 miles on it, replaced the shocks, tires, brake pads and a serpentine belt, spark plugs and battery, that's it, not even a blown light bulb, nothing else save for oil and filter changes, nothing. This car has never failed me and I've driven through the desert in summer several times, runs cool and the A/C gets cold enough to hang meat if you want to. Only non stock items, changed out the stock gear shift knob and cat back exhaust. I have lots of friends who drive much more expensive cars, none have had as trouble free ownership as I have. Car is now paid off and it still runs/looks great what more can you ask for?

Found My Sports Car

by Greg from | February 20, 2013

Found the model year and edition of the car I've been looking for on Cars.Com. However, it did lack some of the features I wanted such as tan interior and two targa tops. Made the sacrafice and got a pretty good deal for a 2008 C6 Corvette with the 3LT package. I'm juiced,

Best buy

by Snow bird from Beaverton, Ontario, Canada | February 8, 2013

Great way to buy a car. Privat sale. I would buy another car this way. I looked for over two months and it was worth the wait