2012 Chevrolet Cruze

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car but Avoid the NAV

by Brash1 from Madison WI | March 17, 2014

Love our Cruze. Average over 35 mpg. Nice features in the rs edition. Ride is what you should expect -- a larger sedan is more comfortable but you would get the gas milage. There are trade offs DO NOT expect anything from the navigation option. It is terrible. It is not accurate. It does not calculate ETA correctly. Worse yet, GM simply doesn't care. It appears to assume county and township roads are 25 mph and does not seem to include all road types in calculating shortest route. Ang, again, GM simply does not care. I wonder if there is a class action on this problem. Love the car. Hate the Nav. Service, when it really counts, is non-existent.

My First and last Chevy

by MyFirstCar from | December 25, 2013

I bought this last year, and I drove it fine during the summer except it was a slug going up hills, the transmission would kick it down to third gear going up a hill sending the RPM's through the roof to go 80kmh and the car was not full of luggage or anything. I got the 2012 LT cruze nothing fancy. I was sold on the Fuel economy I was supposed to be getting over my Civic, which I should have kept, this car is heavy, sluggish, and the brakes don't work. Just last week, I was sliding out of control and was almost T-Boned by an 18 wheeler which luckily had seen me try to stop as I had to crank the hand brake and floor it out of the intersection, mind you I had to take traction control off. which if I hadn't would have ended up wrapped around a light post. The traction control is so sensitive that when you drive in a straight line with a bit of snow on the ground, the car will think your going out of control and ditch you, I had to crank the wheel full to the left and it just barely got me out of the ditch, keep in mind I was going 50-60kmh down an 80kmh stretch. The brakes were just recalled and all they said was drive safe, we will notify you when the parts arrive, knowing I have a 800km trip to make in the blizzard. I had to drive 50kmh the whole way. There is no power in this car, it weighs 3700lbs, has VERY high safety ratings. The ONSTAR people harass you 24/7 when your subscription is about to expire in 3 months. They harass you some more when you try to remove your radio subscription saying if you can afford the car you can afford the package. Which I think should come with the lifetime of the vehicle which you paid in full anyways. Its cheaper to get a GPS and a CAA card than it is to sign up for ONSTAR.

Great buy

by Happy from Kansas | December 7, 2013

Purchased my 2012 Cruze LT a month ago; an outstanding decision!!! Prior to making my final decision I accomplished substantial research in cost, fuel economy, and overall performance. I purchased the turbo; watch out, it may surprise you what Chevy was able to do with a 1.4, their best creation thus far if you ask me. Not only is it a fun car to "Cruze" around in, but it gets great mileage even stomping on the pedal. Don't be deceived by those who my knock this vehicle for its size. I have three kids (two in booster seats) and they ride just fine in the back. The only setback about the Cruze is that the seatbelts are built into the bench and can be a little tricky with three in the backseat - we make it work though. Lastly, the most important is the great safety rating the Cruze has. If you contemplate the Cruze, I highly encourage it.

Love it even more every time I drive it

by Cruze girl from Houston, TX | November 14, 2013

Smoothnride nice acceleration good gas mileage incredible features(weather, movie show times, close gas stations, sunroof, touchscreen, Bluetooth and Bluetooth audio, Onstar app, pandora, rear view camera etc.) my car isn't even fully loaded and it has a ton of features awesome navigation incredibly smart car, comfortable drive . I don't even let other hold my key for too long. Great car for the money don't go to the competitors.

Not Reliable car

by tarektm from Kuwait | November 13, 2013

After driving this car for a year and a half i could tell this is not a reliable car. I Have the 2012 LS that does not have ABS (This how they sell it in my country), A-Reliability problems are divided into two major divisions 1- Slow Response 2- Lack of ABS 1- Slow response of gear shifting could cause an accident especially on a high way. 2- Lack of ABS brakes causes a trouble with brake locking happening all the time. B-Low production quality: I always hear a noise beside engine noise or hmmm sound, the dealership said it is OK! C-Performance?? Enough to say the the slowest cars i drove are faster than this. I don't recommend this car to anyone.

1st year great 2nd year nightmare

by a phys/asst from RETIRED NAVY | October 31, 2013

GPM VERY GOOD 2ND YR BATTERY BAD, ALT. ENTIRE COOLING SYSTEM PROBLEMS AS WELL AS THERMOSTATE AND JUST 30,000 MILES MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO GO TO HYUNDAI OR HONDA AMERICANS JUST AIN'T THERE YET NOW BRAKES ARE BEING RECALLED. OF AND IF YOU PLAN TO RUNAROUND TOWN GOOD LUCK ON IT STARTING EVERYTIME! 20,000 MORE PROBLEMS AND I,M HEADED BACK TO HYUNDAI!

2011 Chevy cruze

by Fairdeal2 from Anderson, South Carolina | October 5, 2013

Enjoyable car. The ride could be a tad bit better for the price. Nice interior roomy really cool heated seats sunroof tinted windows which change darker in sunlight to provide security and privacy . Car maneuvers well.i wish they had given me s lower price for a used 2011 edition so i could pay it off sooner. My price for the used one is akin to the price on a 2013 model so i did not save anything. Sirius is driving me crazy to buy their service. How about some lower rate Sirius. No such deal. Hi tech electronics available but many of the newer card come with that also. Enjoyable car but wish i had paid less for it and perhaps shopped around more.

LIKE CRUZE!

by Cruze 1.4 Turbo from Queens NY | October 4, 2013

Bought new 2012 cruze 1.4 Turbo 2 years ago. Have 13300 miles now and never had a problem. Bucket seats comfortable. Drives very nice. Fuel efficiency is my priority when I buy a car and comfort on top of it is a bonus. 1.4 Turbo has very good torque and very responsive. If I want performance during a long drive I add 89 octain fuel that adds more power and quicker response. You can imagine if you mix 91 or higher octain.

Chevy cruze Ltz

by LisaB. from Anderson, south carolina | September 28, 2013

This is an awesome car which can definitely spoil you. Easy to handle and accurate and everything works great the heated seats and Bluetooth are great and no hands music and iPod accompaniment is futuristic. High bright night lights windows that darken in sunlight to provide sun screening as well as security are a plus. Car maneuvers smoothly easily and quickly so quiet you might just miss the move. I love this car with its sync to iPhone settings that are so unbelievable. Test drive it today

Chevy Cruze LTZ 2012 - To drive smart or fun?

by LovinMe from Oregon | August 31, 2013

I'm the 2nd owner of a Chevy Cruze LTZ 2012 and have been driving it for over a year. Overall I like the car quite a bit; all the selling points you hear from dealers and reviews are true for the most part. I'm going to focus on the Cons so you can get an idea of what might go wrong. It might sound harsh but remember, I actually would recommend this car. However, I expect a new car to run and need relatively no repair work the first year or two of its life. Is that too much to ask from the USA? Pros: Good gas mileage (computer Averages 32-42 on hwy), nice LTZ perks (I'm addicted to keyless FOB, remote start and auto climate control), Economical with some style Cons: Reliability in electronics. Less than a year old this car had a tire pressure sensor that went out. Replaced under warrenty. Another went out in less than a month. Replaced all of them thanks to the guy at the local dealership, however, I can only wonder how long these will last? Speakers are going out too and I never go over 20 volume (Now 20 is about 1/3 of what kids these days play their sound systems at, and a necessary setting to hear the bluetooth on the hwy) cmon Chevy, let's be real an put some quality sound systems in. (FYI: Speakers not covered under warrenty in this case since they assume I just played music too loud; I believe the volume knob shouldn't be able to blow out brand new speakers, but hey... what do I know Chevy?) Unreliable speakers to say the least. The steering wheel developed a very audible and annoying squeak at end range turning. Covered under warranty; the mechanic said it was just in need of lubricant but they usually don't need it so soon. Cmon chevy... use enough lube. ALWAYS. Comfort: I'm 5'8" and the front seat bottom cushion is too short for my legs. I was aware of this from reviews but it becomes quite annoying during a 120+ mile commute. Just like wheelchairs, if the seat is too short it causes excessive pressure on the upper legs and can lead to numbness and decreased blood flow; not to mention the discomfort. I'd rather not have to stretch while driving... Also, the notes about the center console being too far is true; why is it just out of reach for the radio? Climate? Center console? So I can do mini sit ups every time I want to touch something on it? Design flaw. Navigation: Worthless. Have to purchase onStar to use it. Cmon Chevy; that's just silly. Put in a quality navigation system that actually has a MAP screen. Tight interior: Rattles beginning to show up in the overhead rearview mirror. Rattles vex me; it's a pet peeve. A new car shouldn't rattle until after the warrently; cmon Chevy, you know this. Squeaking also coming from one of the vent fans. Again, pet peeve. Cmon chevy, no rattles no squeaks within the first year please. Major design flaw: You can't lock your keys in the car but you can lock them in the trunk. Now, I've tried to look at changing programming on this, but I don't think you can. Really chevy? Not even a warning honk? Don't think it's possible to lock your keys in your trunk, Chevy? Well welcome to dumb America; population me. The car should sense the FOB in the trunk too, Chevy. I mean seriously. Besides all that; great car so far. Note: I would never pay retail. Shop smart not impulse. Happy trails. ~Lovinme