2012 Chevrolet Cruze

2012 Chevrolet Cruze
Available in 5 styles:  2012 Chevrolet Cruze 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Built to a higher standard than competitors

by journeyhsys from PA | March 29, 2016

My 2012 Cruze 1LT has 90000 miles on it and I still love the car! The 1.4T engine has plenty of power and I average 34 MPG with a heavy foot. I was impressed with how the interior remains squeak and rattle free despite 90000 miles. I had a minor electrical issue that was fixed with a new battery cable, other than that it's been perfectly reliable. A few weeks ago I was T-Boned by a F-150 on the driver's side. The vehicle held up like a tank and was able to drive home that afternoon! The collision shop found no evidence of frame damage! $6300 later and my vehicle will be back on the road in two more days. I was given a car from a different make in the same class for a rental, with only 10000 miles on it squeaks and rattles are terrible and the bluetooth only works half of the time. The interior of the Cruze showed no evidence that it was T-Boned by a very large truck.

Low quality internal parts, Otherwise perfect!

by Nathan from ohio | February 7, 2016

Wonderful features, great design, very comfortable, good value. But... Within 1 year I've had to replace the valve cover, water pump, and transmission lines... Here's to hoping I can actually get 6 or more consecutive months out of her without requiring unexpected service.

2012 2lt 90,ooo mile review

by Micks from Lincoln,ca | January 29, 2016

I purchased my cruze 2 lt with 38,000 miles on it. I love the way it drives. This has been the most comfortable economy car I have owned. My previous Focus had much more road noise and cheap feeling interior. My car now has 90.000 miles on it and it still has no rattles or air leaks. My only two proble!ms were an oil leak on the valve cover and the turbo unit wastegate failed, both of were fixed under the power train warranty. I would recommend this car. It is a good value for the money.

great value for great car

by practical gal from Florida | October 13, 2015

I've had my cruze for 3 full years now and I still love it as much as the day I bought it. I had a cobalt and a cavalier in the past, and this is by far a superior car. I was driving a Toyota corolla just prior to buying this car and the difference is incomparable! My cruze gets awesome gas mileage! I have driven up and down the east coast several times with ease. the cruise control is easy to manage, the interior of the car has everything in the right place and the stylish feel makes it seem like it's a much fancier car. the tires are large and grip the road well. the cabin is very comfortable even when I have passengers in the back seat. the maintenance is reasonable and only a dead battery after 3yrs in the Florida heat was the extent of any repairs. excellent car for a first time driver and for those of us who are more pragmatic and frugal.

Uses car for Off-roading

Great First Car

by JM30 from Chicago/Seattle | April 24, 2015

I bought my 2012 Eco new exactly 3 years ago. I got an internship that had me driving around everywhere and I needed something great on gas. I test drove the Civic, Corolla, and Cruze. The Cruze felt like the highest quality of the three to me. I was an anti-GM guy myself. My brother had a Cavalier and I thought that I would never own a Chevy and had driven Honda up until now. So I went with the Eco 6 speed manual. I agree with other reviewers in that the turbo lag is real. I really was able to get it to break in nicely though. Yes, it's virtually impossible to pass on the highway at 60 MPH in 6th gear, but drop it to 5th or 4th and it picks up. I've dropped it to 3rd and that gear REALLY finds the power curve with the turbo. I've really learned to get a feel for what the engine wants and how it wants to be driven. It has good pick up and it has minimal road noise on the highway. My sister has complained about the gear ratios but I just think it's how a person has learned to drive a stick. I like the pick up it has and it is surprisingly fun to drive. The car is at 40k miles now. Only ever had oil changes every 6k miles and two small recalls that took minutes to fix when I brought it in. I pounded it the first year I had it, put on 20k miles that year and averaged 44 MPG (all highway). Since, at around 10k/yr on mixed driving, it'll hover around 38-41 MPG depending on how I drive it. I moved it from Chicago to Seattle last summer and it did great. It's comfortable for long hauls (I'm 6'2), can get tiring in traffic (what manual doesn't), but it has all the amenities you need. I wouldn't recommend anyone sit behind me though because the seat is pretty far back. Great iPod connectivity with the controls on the steering wheel. Cruise control is easy to use and I like how you can just push up and down to increase/decrease speed by 1 MPH increment or hold it for faster acceleration. It could use some more storage in the middle counsel. I like the ease of use of the center controls for sure. Well thought out interior in my opinion. Love the bluetooth as well. I prefer calling my parents when I'm on my way out of work because it just sounds so clear through the speakers. My only real complaint I have for it is that there is no spare tire. The engineers thought that they could save weight by not having a spare. I haven't had a tire issue in the 40k miles I have driven it but I just don't wanna have a blowout and not be able to fix it myself. I might carry one in the trunk but it will take up space. I hope the reliability stays with it. It beat the horrible Chicago weather before I moved (consistent subzero temps and snow). I love the car. No problems right now is great but I still fear the Chevy bug will hit it before I get to 100k. My hope is to drive this car until it can't drive anymore. TL;DR great gas mileage, great commuter, reliable (for now), surprisingly fun.

Nicest Cars

by Jodi from Massillon, OH | April 19, 2015

It's the nicest car that I've owned. I had to buy one because I totaled my previous car and I find that this one is comfortable, good on gas, and smooth to drive.

Great car upscale inside and out

by Bae from baker la | December 6, 2014

This is a great car it is stylish and looks better then that plain impala design. Good on gas its a ok size car not big not small only thing i dont like is the small windows im tall and can barely get my head out the window lol

Pleased with my Cruze ECO

by CarFAXMax from Salt Lake City, UT | September 3, 2014

I've had my Chevy Cruze ECO now for over six months and a little over 6,000 miles. I had a Toyota Prius for 10 years and never thought I'd gt rid of it, since it was sucha reliable car. But when I saw that the Cruze ECO was advertised to be 28-42 MPG, I took a look at one and test drove it. The Turbo Charged 1.4 L engine surprised me, it had kick! As I said I have been driving this for a while now, and I've never gotten below 42 MPG on a tank, and for the last 500 miles I have averaged 47 MPG. Better than my Prius, especially when you consider that the Prius would drop in MPG as the weather got cold due to battery performance in cold weather.

Happy with the Cruze

by CRUZIN from Sturbridge, MA | August 31, 2014

I purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT with the 1.4 Turbo automatic.. I drive ALOT and within a couple of months have already put 10k on my Cruze. I love the exterior of the Cruze, the heaviness of it especially coming from a cobalt because a light breeze would throw the cobalt around on the highway and I was out in 65 mph winds and it didn't jerk the Cruze at all, Very happy with the interior and placement of everything, great amount of storage, comfortable seats after breaking them in, great gas mileage and the larger fuel tank is a bonus, plenty of pep in all driving conditions, fun to drive, stereo is great, love the bluetooth and the fact that you can connect an iPod/iphone and control the songs from the stereo, love the fact that all windows go down all the way and with just one push of the button, when you decide that you don't want your children to be able to put the windows down you push a button on the door that it also activates the child safety locks. love the placement of the door locks being under the stereo because I am right handed and it always seemed unnatural to lock the door from the left door... The Cons are the transmission takes a little getting used to especially while coasting to a stop but once I learned the feel of the car I no longer have an issue. To me its more the driver than the transmission because every car drives different. Putting higher octane gas in does make a difference. Its not a huge difference but it does make a difference. the fuel economy is so good on it that spending a little extra at the pump doesn't bother me. The middle console could be a bit bigger especially when you have your phone or iPod plugged in because thats where the usb port is and also where the aux port is. it doesn't extend far enough to be able to have the driver rest their arm on it. I also have cruise control but it seems like there is too many steps to actually initiate the cruise control.There is no trunk button in the cabin at all.. I personally like the positioning of where the drinks are.As long as I have the front cup holder it is easily accessible. I also love that the iPod or iPhone charges using the usb port so i can have 2 devices charging in the front of the car and the backseat also has the option to charge in the back as well which comes in handy if you have kids with electronics or you have someone in the backseat. One thing I don't like is when you shut the car off the phones stop charging. There is no noises from the inside of the car other than when you have a back window down and no other windows it makes that horrible helicopter sound.the steering is nice and tight, a good quality smooth ride. Overall a great design. It may not be for all people but in my opinion Chevy hit this one out of the park.

Creat car, great milage

by nelsonnh from Southern New Hampshire | July 25, 2014

Have a 2012 Cruze eco, bought used. Mileage is fantastic. averaged 35.5 mixed driving on first tank. exterior design is handsome, does not stand out but looks good just the same. cars rides great for a small car. feels confident and holds the road well. the interior, while not "perfect" is above and beyond what used to be expected for a small car. the cloth on the dash and the layout looks modern. controls, with exception of the manual door locks are placed where they should be. the doors locks on the lower left dash is puzzling. the car cabin is quiet, the six speaker sound system is fine. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. If you are looking for a small car it might be hard to beat this one overall.