2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Available in 5 styles:  2012 Chevrolet Cruze 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Pleased with my Cruze ECO

by CarFAXMax from Salt Lake City, UT | September 3, 2014

I've had my Chevy Cruze ECO now for over six months and a little over 6,000 miles. I had a Toyota Prius for 10 years and never thought I'd gt rid of it, since it was sucha reliable car. But when I saw that the Cruze ECO was advertised to be 28-42 MPG, I took a look at one and test drove it. The Turbo Charged 1.4 L engine surprised me, it had kick! As I said I have been driving this for a while now, and I've never gotten below 42 MPG on a tank, and for the last 500 miles I have averaged 47 MPG. Better than my Prius, especially when you consider that the Prius would drop in MPG as the weather got cold due to battery performance in cold weather.

Happy with the Cruze

by CRUZIN from Sturbridge, MA | August 31, 2014

I purchased a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT with the 1.4 Turbo automatic.. I drive ALOT and within a couple of months have already put 10k on my Cruze. I love the exterior of the Cruze, the heaviness of it especially coming from a cobalt because a light breeze would throw the cobalt around on the highway and I was out in 65 mph winds and it didn't jerk the Cruze at all, Very happy with the interior and placement of everything, great amount of storage, comfortable seats after breaking them in, great gas mileage and the larger fuel tank is a bonus, plenty of pep in all driving conditions, fun to drive, stereo is great, love the bluetooth and the fact that you can connect an iPod/iphone and control the songs from the stereo, love the fact that all windows go down all the way and with just one push of the button, when you decide that you don't want your children to be able to put the windows down you push a button on the door that it also activates the child safety locks. love the placement of the door locks being under the stereo because I am right handed and it always seemed unnatural to lock the door from the left door... The Cons are the transmission takes a little getting used to especially while coasting to a stop but once I learned the feel of the car I no longer have an issue. To me its more the driver than the transmission because every car drives different. Putting higher octane gas in does make a difference. Its not a huge difference but it does make a difference. the fuel economy is so good on it that spending a little extra at the pump doesn't bother me. The middle console could be a bit bigger especially when you have your phone or iPod plugged in because thats where the usb port is and also where the aux port is. it doesn't extend far enough to be able to have the driver rest their arm on it. I also have cruise control but it seems like there is too many steps to actually initiate the cruise control.There is no trunk button in the cabin at all.. I personally like the positioning of where the drinks are.As long as I have the front cup holder it is easily accessible. I also love that the iPod or iPhone charges using the usb port so i can have 2 devices charging in the front of the car and the backseat also has the option to charge in the back as well which comes in handy if you have kids with electronics or you have someone in the backseat. One thing I don't like is when you shut the car off the phones stop charging. There is no noises from the inside of the car other than when you have a back window down and no other windows it makes that horrible helicopter sound.the steering is nice and tight, a good quality smooth ride. Overall a great design. It may not be for all people but in my opinion Chevy hit this one out of the park.

Creat car, great milage

by nelsonnh from Southern New Hampshire | July 25, 2014

Have a 2012 Cruze eco, bought used. Mileage is fantastic. averaged 35.5 mixed driving on first tank. exterior design is handsome, does not stand out but looks good just the same. cars rides great for a small car. feels confident and holds the road well. the interior, while not "perfect" is above and beyond what used to be expected for a small car. the cloth on the dash and the layout looks modern. controls, with exception of the manual door locks are placed where they should be. the doors locks on the lower left dash is puzzling. the car cabin is quiet, the six speaker sound system is fine. Nothing fancy but gets the job done. If you are looking for a small car it might be hard to beat this one overall.

coolant leaking at 20,000

by Johnny from Wisconsin | July 20, 2014

Coolant is leaking, appears to be from the reservoir. Coolant system not covered under warranty so owner gets to eat the bill for their poorly designed vehicle. THANKS AGAIN GM!

Love my Cruze!

by L.J.P. from Davenport, IA | June 30, 2014

I bought the stick basic Cruze and I love it. Shift is smooth, good power. Great car for the price! I had 4 other cars i looked at but the Cruze was the best buy for the money.

Horrible car

by Ticked-Off from Shreveport, LA | June 16, 2014

I "upgraded" from my Chevy Cobalt to this Cruze because the dealer told my husband and I it was the "sister car" an "upgrade". Lies. I loved my Cobalt; it accelerated when I wanted and it braked when I wanted. Not like this "upgrade" car. The acceleration is a joke; on auto I have to floor it and on manual I am in 3rd gear until 50 mph until I can safely switch over to 4th then 5th then 6th. Going up hill is a disaster; it wont accelerate even when the gas pedal is fully pressed into the floor on 3rd gear; I was even loosing speed. Because I cannot accelerate for beans; I am terrified to cross traffic when I make a left turn, I am terrified I will get T-boned everyday. To brake I have to slow down twice as far as a normal car unless I want to hard-break. I almost rear end someone everyday. The gas mileage is a joke, I only get above 40 mpg when I am going downhill with my foot off the gas. I have traveled to and from my mother's house for holidays multiple times within 2 years and the car has not gotten any better; or "broken in" as my dealer said. The seat makes my butt go numb, I have been more comfortable sitting on a wooden stool. Not to mention all the safety recalls that GM has had; recall on the power steering failing, recall on the loose pieces connecting to the coolant (leaking coolant). I have never liked this car. I have given it 2 years of my life and now I am getting rid of it. Frankly if this car got hit by a train or blew up in a gas fire I would not be upset in the slightest.

Like it more than I expected

by jj from Tampa, FL | May 18, 2014

I purchased mine in 2012 since the economy drop caught up with me and I had to trade down from my Cadillac into a Much less expensive car. I chose the Cruze LTZ because it was available with push button keyless start and other features I was used to in a luxury car. The Cruze LTZ is not a luxury car, but it has some luxury touches and is really a great value. Mine has been problem free and is comfortable with great gas mileage as the bonus. When driving it feels much more substantial than you would expect from a car this size. I highly recommend it, and if something happened to it, I would replace it with another Cruze LTZ. When you have a good thing, you stick with it....

Great Car but Avoid the NAV

by Brash1 from Madison WI | March 17, 2014

Love our Cruze. Average over 35 mpg. Nice features in the rs edition. Ride is what you should expect -- a larger sedan is more comfortable but you would get the gas milage. There are trade offs DO NOT expect anything from the navigation option. It is terrible. It is not accurate. It does not calculate ETA correctly. Worse yet, GM simply doesn't care. It appears to assume county and township roads are 25 mph and does not seem to include all road types in calculating shortest route. Ang, again, GM simply does not care. I wonder if there is a class action on this problem. Love the car. Hate the Nav. Service, when it really counts, is non-existent.

My First and last Chevy

by MyFirstCar from | December 25, 2013

I bought this last year, and I drove it fine during the summer except it was a slug going up hills, the transmission would kick it down to third gear going up a hill sending the RPM's through the roof to go 80kmh and the car was not full of luggage or anything. I got the 2012 LT cruze nothing fancy. I was sold on the Fuel economy I was supposed to be getting over my Civic, which I should have kept, this car is heavy, sluggish, and the brakes don't work. Just last week, I was sliding out of control and was almost T-Boned by an 18 wheeler which luckily had seen me try to stop as I had to crank the hand brake and floor it out of the intersection, mind you I had to take traction control off. which if I hadn't would have ended up wrapped around a light post. The traction control is so sensitive that when you drive in a straight line with a bit of snow on the ground, the car will think your going out of control and ditch you, I had to crank the wheel full to the left and it just barely got me out of the ditch, keep in mind I was going 50-60kmh down an 80kmh stretch. The brakes were just recalled and all they said was drive safe, we will notify you when the parts arrive, knowing I have a 800km trip to make in the blizzard. I had to drive 50kmh the whole way. There is no power in this car, it weighs 3700lbs, has VERY high safety ratings. The ONSTAR people harass you 24/7 when your subscription is about to expire in 3 months. They harass you some more when you try to remove your radio subscription saying if you can afford the car you can afford the package. Which I think should come with the lifetime of the vehicle which you paid in full anyways. Its cheaper to get a GPS and a CAA card than it is to sign up for ONSTAR.

Great buy

by Happy from Kansas | December 7, 2013

Purchased my 2012 Cruze LT a month ago; an outstanding decision!!! Prior to making my final decision I accomplished substantial research in cost, fuel economy, and overall performance. I purchased the turbo; watch out, it may surprise you what Chevy was able to do with a 1.4, their best creation thus far if you ask me. Not only is it a fun car to "Cruze" around in, but it gets great mileage even stomping on the pedal. Don't be deceived by those who my knock this vehicle for its size. I have three kids (two in booster seats) and they ride just fine in the back. The only setback about the Cruze is that the seatbelts are built into the bench and can be a little tricky with three in the backseat - we make it work though. Lastly, the most important is the great safety rating the Cruze has. If you contemplate the Cruze, I highly encourage it.