2013 Chevrolet Cruze

Available in 9 styles:  2013 Chevrolet Cruze 4dr Sedan shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Big step forward, needs more refining

by Tom F. from Troy Michigan | June 24, 2014

I will say that the Cruze is a major step forward for GM in terms of delivering a quality car. The exterior styling to me looks great, chiseled, clean and slightly athletic. It's the ONLY GM Car that I think looks good from the back and in fact it looks great with those classy taillights and shoulder lines running down the sides of the car. Mine is a 2LT with the RS package so that helps quite a bit in the looks department without seeming too "boy racer". Performance, well I wish it had some more power than it does because it can be little doggy at times with my stick but only if you get caught in the wrong gear. The gas mileage is pretty good, my average 50/50 city highway is 30mpg on premium during summer and 27-28mpg winter. Speaking of that the stability control, ABS and traction control impressed me with how well they assist. Comfort: my leather seats are too hard, make my leg go numb on longer trips and my wife says the side bolsters on the lower portion are too narrow for her hips(average weight). The heated seats are much too hot on the butt and not warm enough on the back. I'd much rather have my back eased than get hemmoriids. The interior looks great but needs more storage areas. A sunglass compartment up top would fit I think and a little cubby under the heater controls would be every welcome for my phone and wallet. The A/C and Heat both work great although on fan speed 1 the bearing is starting to squeak after only 30k miles on the car. The pioneer sound system sounds pretty good for stock although incredibly biased to the front soundstage which is kinda annoying. I REALLY appreciate having physical radio buttons in addition to my touchscreen for the My Link Radio. I use the touchscreen occasionally when more convenient but not having physical button in a car would be a non-selling point for me. The steering wheel buttons are also very nice although I wish the scroll wheel would be for seek instead of scroll through favorites. It does have fairly decent blinds spots as well which I'm ok with since it's for more structural safety. Because of this however, I think the blind spot indicators on the mirrors should come standard. As far as reliability it's been pretty good. I think there is room to improve there as well because I've had it in to the dealer for small things here and there which were fixed under the 36000 mile bumper to bumper. Overall I would say its a handsome car with lots of creature comforts. Drives better than anything that came before it at GM and is still enjoyable to own 2 years after I bought it. The great gas mileage is also very pleasing.

Excellent Car

by JessLovesHerCruze from York, PA | May 21, 2014

I love my 2013 Chevy Cruze that I bought at AppleChevy in York, PA. I love the way it drives, excellent gas mileage, and it is prefect for my little family! Thank you to Jeremy Zarfos who sold me this fantastic car!

Easy on Gas

by Love my Cruze from Atlantic Mine, mi | May 14, 2014

Love my Cruze-I only drive it in the summer due to our harsh winters, but it sure is a nice snazzy car. My first new car. The turbo really kicks in and is powerfull.

Everything you need

by Johnny the cheap from Montreal QC | April 6, 2014

Great car for so little money. Very affordable. Consider a 36 months leasing at 0% financing. Plus I got free gas and four free oil change from GM in march 2014.

Very reliable and smooth riding.

by Chevy lover from Gays Mills, Wi | April 1, 2014

I just bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze Lt. in Jan.2014. I love the way it looks inside and out. I love the dash- easy to figure out. Comfortable to drive and great gas mileage. The Chevy Cruze is ME. It has everything I wanted and more. Looks, style, and class. Every time I drive it, I love it more! It does not have a sunroof, heated leather seat, or temperature control, or auto start (from the house). I did not want any of that. Very reliable, and feel safe driving on winter roads with it. A great car.

lemon

by Widow from Trenton Ontario Canada | March 29, 2014

Bought Cruze new in 2011 in Ontario Canada. Mileage is a joke took it back to dealer was told it needed to be broke in. 3yrs later mileage is still bad, A fill up says 579 k but only get 475kat best.. Also having trouble with breaks but I quess their going to fix that. Come from a family of GM lovers but think I'll not buy another as this is my second lemon.

Disappoint with GM and the availability of parts.

by Agility Lady from Illinois | March 19, 2014

I really like the mileage the car get, mostly 38 miles to the gallon. It took three calls before the recall the car when in reverse it kept rolling after applying the breaks. Trunk opener had to be fixed and the oil leak pan. Then six weeks for parts. Now $300 for new coolant hoses after 50,000 miles again no parts in stock and they sent wrong parts and it is still not fixed. Also the cloth on the doors and dash are not very good, I did not notice that when I purchased the car.

The Cruze

by Cherry Bomb from Luck, Wis | March 18, 2014

Great car, I love it. I commute 165 miles a day. Thank gosh I like books on tape. LOL I was told by a friend to buy a Cruze as it gets great mileage and if very comfortable for lots of commuting.

if you drive as to save fuel you will save fuel.

by peteski from MIA | February 20, 2014

Great car fun to drive 100mph. in third gear redline top speed 132mph turbo three overdrives, eco gear set best score mpg north Carolina back road 56.3 mpg. for mpg highest gear @ 1000rpm and barely touch the gas pedal. the car will travel @ 28 mph in the eco gear without the use of your feet. If you know your going to touch and go than better mpgs come from downshifts to boost for launch in a higher gear. I love this car, to get more mpgs you have to learn how to drive it my average 29/38 but can easily get 32/46 (guaranteed)

I wouldn't do it again.

by WorkingMom from Central, FL | February 8, 2014

I purchased this car 7 mos ago AFTER researching the car. The reviews then were awesome. Great crash ratings etc...Not two weeks after buying the car a new crash rating came out and it was not good. So with that I'm not happy. Im finding reveiws are set up in order to sell the car not to give any truth for that first year its on the market. So here is a simple break down. Keep in mind I hadn't bought a car in 18 years. ***PROS: I DO get 30-35 miles per gallon. Lots of extra trunk space and the seats fold down The material allows for easy vaccuming Cabin is very quite while driving on the interestate Extra pockets for stroage in front area Drives very smoothly and does not lean when you turn a corner Love that I can start it from my house. Locking / unlocking on the car key is very sensitive and I can do it from inside my house with it parked 60 feet away. Lots of places to plug in computers etc if you use them so I can allow my child to do homework or watch a show in the car. CONS Locking/unlocking on the car key is very sensitive...have hit the trunk button without realizing it until the next morning! EVERYTHING inside and outside of this car scratches/chips and leaves marks. All you have to do is breath on it. I can not see this holding up to wear and tear. Dashboard and side doors discolour when water touches it. Personally I think Onstar is a joke and way over priced. I know I paid for the install on that and will NEVER buy anothe rcar with it again. Smells like plastic or something is burning from time to time...this honestly scares me. Seats need some stuffing...American cars make lousy seats. Very uncomfortable after driving for over an hour. The body looks the same as every other one out there. Would I buy this car again? NO. Can't wait to pay it off so I can buy something else. Personally I think Chevy needs to step up to the plate and either fix the issues and recall the vechild or give us an option for a refund for the owed amount. Very disappointed