2013 Chevrolet Cruze

Available in 9 styles:  2013 Chevrolet Cruze 4dr Sedan shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Lots of bang for the buck!

by Petrolhead from Phoenix, AZ | July 11, 2014

I have owned my 2013 Cruze for over one year. Pluses are great styling, when first purchased my boss thought it was a BMW even while riding in it! I had to point out the Bowtie on the wheel. Interior fit and finish are excellent. Discount of 15% on insurance due to high safety rating and special equipment was nice. I like performance cars but really wanted something economical as a daily driver due to my longish commute (60 miles per day). Since original purchase my lifetime average is 32 MPG in 50/50 mixed conditions without even trying. I put my mind to it every once in a while and get 38! That said the car is not at all embarrassing in performance and handling is far better than expected. MyLink synchs perfectly with both my Windows Phone and/or the daughter's iPhone. Having texts read aloud and replying verbally is great. The rear-view camera is the other best reason for the MyLink system. Oddly you get OnStar automatically but its strength in synching to a smartphone make OnStar a bit redundant. Ride is flat, comfortable and smooth and the cabin is very quiet until hitting the 5th through 6th fan speeds although you never keep them at that level for very long. Blind spots are large but setting the mirrors properly (in accordance with Bondurant standards) eliminates the need to turn the head other than to reverse and the camera even makes that less needful. I still find it difficult to believe I got so much car for so little money!

Big step forward, needs more refining

by Tom F. from Troy Michigan | June 24, 2014

I will say that the Cruze is a major step forward for GM in terms of delivering a quality car. The exterior styling to me looks great, chiseled, clean and slightly athletic. It's the ONLY GM Car that I think looks good from the back and in fact it looks great with those classy taillights and shoulder lines running down the sides of the car. Mine is a 2LT with the RS package so that helps quite a bit in the looks department without seeming too "boy racer". Performance, well I wish it had some more power than it does because it can be little doggy at times with my stick but only if you get caught in the wrong gear. The gas mileage is pretty good, my average 50/50 city highway is 30mpg on premium during summer and 27-28mpg winter. Speaking of that the stability control, ABS and traction control impressed me with how well they assist. Comfort: my leather seats are too hard, make my leg go numb on longer trips and my wife says the side bolsters on the lower portion are too narrow for her hips(average weight). The heated seats are much too hot on the butt and not warm enough on the back. I'd much rather have my back eased than get hemmoriids. The interior looks great but needs more storage areas. A sunglass compartment up top would fit I think and a little cubby under the heater controls would be every welcome for my phone and wallet. The A/C and Heat both work great although on fan speed 1 the bearing is starting to squeak after only 30k miles on the car. The pioneer sound system sounds pretty good for stock although incredibly biased to the front soundstage which is kinda annoying. I REALLY appreciate having physical radio buttons in addition to my touchscreen for the My Link Radio. I use the touchscreen occasionally when more convenient but not having physical button in a car would be a non-selling point for me. The steering wheel buttons are also very nice although I wish the scroll wheel would be for seek instead of scroll through favorites. It does have fairly decent blinds spots as well which I'm ok with since it's for more structural safety. Because of this however, I think the blind spot indicators on the mirrors should come standard. As far as reliability it's been pretty good. I think there is room to improve there as well because I've had it in to the dealer for small things here and there which were fixed under the 36000 mile bumper to bumper. Overall I would say its a handsome car with lots of creature comforts. Drives better than anything that came before it at GM and is still enjoyable to own 2 years after I bought it. The great gas mileage is also very pleasing.

Excellent Car

by JessLovesHerCruze from York, PA | May 21, 2014

I love my 2013 Chevy Cruze that I bought at AppleChevy in York, PA. I love the way it drives, excellent gas mileage, and it is prefect for my little family! Thank you to Jeremy Zarfos who sold me this fantastic car!

Easy on Gas

by Love my Cruze from Atlantic Mine, mi | May 14, 2014

Love my Cruze-I only drive it in the summer due to our harsh winters, but it sure is a nice snazzy car. My first new car. The turbo really kicks in and is powerfull.

Everything you need

by Johnny the cheap from Montreal QC | April 6, 2014

Great car for so little money. Very affordable. Consider a 36 months leasing at 0% financing. Plus I got free gas and four free oil change from GM in march 2014.

Very reliable and smooth riding.

by Chevy lover from Gays Mills, Wi | April 1, 2014

I just bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze Lt. in Jan.2014. I love the way it looks inside and out. I love the dash- easy to figure out. Comfortable to drive and great gas mileage. The Chevy Cruze is ME. It has everything I wanted and more. Looks, style, and class. Every time I drive it, I love it more! It does not have a sunroof, heated leather seat, or temperature control, or auto start (from the house). I did not want any of that. Very reliable, and feel safe driving on winter roads with it. A great car.

lemon

by Widow from Trenton Ontario Canada | March 29, 2014

Bought Cruze new in 2011 in Ontario Canada. Mileage is a joke took it back to dealer was told it needed to be broke in. 3yrs later mileage is still bad, A fill up says 579 k but only get 475kat best.. Also having trouble with breaks but I quess their going to fix that. Come from a family of GM lovers but think I'll not buy another as this is my second lemon.

Disappoint with GM and the availability of parts.

by Agility Lady from Illinois | March 19, 2014

I really like the mileage the car get, mostly 38 miles to the gallon. It took three calls before the recall the car when in reverse it kept rolling after applying the breaks. Trunk opener had to be fixed and the oil leak pan. Then six weeks for parts. Now $300 for new coolant hoses after 50,000 miles again no parts in stock and they sent wrong parts and it is still not fixed. Also the cloth on the doors and dash are not very good, I did not notice that when I purchased the car.

The Cruze

by Cherry Bomb from Luck, Wis | March 18, 2014

Great car, I love it. I commute 165 miles a day. Thank gosh I like books on tape. LOL I was told by a friend to buy a Cruze as it gets great mileage and if very comfortable for lots of commuting.

if you drive as to save fuel you will save fuel.

by peteski from MIA | February 20, 2014

Great car fun to drive 100mph. in third gear redline top speed 132mph turbo three overdrives, eco gear set best score mpg north Carolina back road 56.3 mpg. for mpg highest gear @ 1000rpm and barely touch the gas pedal. the car will travel @ 28 mph in the eco gear without the use of your feet. If you know your going to touch and go than better mpgs come from downshifts to boost for launch in a higher gear. I love this car, to get more mpgs you have to learn how to drive it my average 29/38 but can easily get 32/46 (guaranteed)