2014 Chevrolet Cruze

Available in 11 styles:  2014 Chevrolet Cruze 4dr Sedan shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Chevy Cruze has some good, some not so good points

by Muffy from Calgary | July 29, 2014

This is a nice looking, sporty, four-door sedan. I'm tall, so I had to do a lot of adjusting of the seat, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. These are all manual, and the controls feel cheap, like they're going to break. The driver's seat adjusts down and back when you push down on the lever. To adjust it up and forward, you have to get out of the car. There's a lever under the front of the seat to adjust forward and back, and another lever - which is really too far back - very hard to get at, to adjust the tilt of the back of the seat. Once adjusted, the front seats are very comfortable. The steeling wheel tilts only a small amount up and down, but it does adjust forward and back, so I was able to pull it closer to me (long legs, short arms). I had to spend a significant amount of time adjusting the seats. I found that I had to adjust them so that my head is as far up as is possible. If I adjusted it too low, I could hardly see well enough to park. Speaking of being able to see, the view out of the rear view mirror is excellent, and the side mirrors would have been great except that for some reason, they're almost triangle shaped, and don't have enough mirror on the top outside part, so you don't get the best possible view. In addition, when backing up in this car, it's EXTREMELY hard to see. The driver's peripheral vision is blocked almost entirely. When turning my head to the left to see behind the car, I can see ANYTHING. I have to rely completely on the mirrors, and there are HUGE blind spots. I've driven quite a number of cars, and this one is noticeably worse for blind spots than any others. When driving this car, a person needs to be extra careful when backing up and when changing lanes. The inside of the car is nicely designed for the most part. As I mentioned, it's comfortable, although not all that roomy. The car has a lot of neat features, including hands-free calling via on-star (if activated), which can be activated from the steering wheel, so you don't have to reach around for it. I really would have liked it if the screen for the radio would have been angled slightly toward the driver, as it's sometimes difficult to see. Also, this car's radio has the tinest volume control knob that I've seen since the 1970s. It's rediculously small. The car has an automatic transmission, but does have a nice feature of manual. There's no clutch, but you can use the manual gear to gear up and down (to a point - the car actually doesn't allow you to gear up or down to the point that you'd wreck the engine). So that's a nice feature. The car handles well. The steering has good responsiveness. It's good on curves, has good acceleration and good braking. Overall, this seems like a decent car. I can't give it full marks, however, mainly because of the poor visibility it has when trying to look to the rear sides of the vehicle.

Best Car Ever!

by Cruzer from Edison, NJ | July 21, 2014

This car is so me! I just got the 2013 LTZ with Nav and RS package; for a great price. It's the candy apple red with black interior and looks awesome inside and out! It runs very solid like and corners great. The Turbo makes it zippy. Couldn't be happier :)

No bang for buck

by DisappointedGMcust2014 from Brantford, ON | July 14, 2014

I purchased the '14 Cruze 1LT from a distant dealership. Had i of known the quality of this vehicle for 21k, i would have went with anything but GM. The mileage is OK - in todays day and age, they're all similar. The quality inside seems like "Made in china" should be hanging from my mirror. I've owned the car for one month and have had three plastic pieces inside the car replaced. 1 week after purchasing the car i find out there is a "stop-sell order" for all 2013 and 2014 Cruze's - AWESOME! When i told GM i wanted to upgrade to the 2LT they advised i come in for an appraisal, they then offered me 60% of what i paid - 30 days later! Careful guys, this car is depreciating at a rate of $280/Day. Overall, never would recommend GM, will never purchase GM again, too bad these things didn't happen four years ago and this company could have officially went away for good!

THE BEST AND SAFEST CAR MADE IN ITS' CLASS!!!!

by Geo from Northern CA | July 14, 2014

We are a small engineering company. We have purchased 17 Chevy Cruze models since 2011, the last two being Diesels. Bar NONE will you find a better built car than Chevrolet (GM) since 2006, This vehicle has out sold Toyota and Honda for the # 1 sales and safety. There is absolutely nothing that we would buy that comes close to the reliability and safety of the quiet and well engineered Cruze. We put 30,000 plus miles a year on these and we have NEVER had a problem with even one of them.....simply amazing vehicles!! PS...Ignore the above negative rants from others,,,simply not true! Geodesy Exploration, Inc.

Wouldnt buy it again

by Tony from Venezuela | June 26, 2014

I bought a cruze and used for a year and then sold it. The car is underpowered. Does not respond well if you need to speed up to pass another vehicle in higway trafic. The car feels too heavy for the engine. Dual transmission is noisy, speacially when you accelerate.

Saved my daughters life !

by Mark from Warren, MI | June 23, 2014

A couple of weeks ago, my daughter was driving our 2014 1LT Red Cruze, she was going through an intersection when a car in the LH turn lane decided to change direction and hit my daughter on her LH side, the Cruze's wheels dug into the curb, and the Cruze rolled over and ended up on it's roof...the side airbags deployed...and Onstar called her (while she was hanging upside down)...the only injury she had was a small buise on her cheek where the side airbag hit her sunglasses...she walked away without anything else !...the ambulance driver was amazed stating that she should have had multiple breaks (collar bone, legs/arms etc...)...the 5 star crash rating is a testiment to how strong this vehicle is...if you've got young drivers in your household...this is the only vehicle that they should be driving, period !

Wonderful Rental Experience

by Rental Guy from Pacifica, CA | June 18, 2014

We were given one of these as a rental car while our new car was being repaired, and though I am happy to report a great rental experience, I am not sure if it is for better or worse that I was sad when our car was finished with repairs. I didn't want to turn in the Chevy - I liked it better than the car we just purchased! Oh well, live and learn. Meanwhile, I feel the need to recommend this to the public! Favorite features: Sleek appearance inside and out, comfort, and quite, smooth performance. Dislikes: For some reason, this model in particular had a glossy paneling for the gear shift area, which causes a bit of glare from the sun. It was also a bit hard to figure out how to program the sound features and radio - but this could be because I was previously used to old cars before everything was run off computers, and as I said, this was a rental, so I didn't have an owner's manual to get to know the car and it's features before driving off in it. I am sure for anyone who will have the pleasure of owning a Cruze, they can simply read the directions and figure it out quickly and easily.

1LT so so car

by Marich from Dumont, NJ | June 17, 2014

Good: Gas MPG, low road noise for class, tight suspension, nice interior, smooth at steady speeds. Not so good: Poor lateral visibility on the passenger side, no trunck release, no rear disc brakes, jerky transmission, annoying brake/transmission feature during stop and go, no lumbar adjustment. Not too pleasant in stop and go traffic and parallel parking. When breaking, the transmission disengages to reduce pull and when the brake pedal is released the car jolts forward during re-engagement. Turbo engine is weak for highway passing; turbo lags up to 4 sec. and by then it's too late, dangerous. Transmission is clueless at lower speeds. The car would be much better off with a simple non-turbo DI 2L engine just like the Focus and Elantra ES. I bought this car because I had lots of points on the GM card plus other incentives.

Love my car

by Happy Girl from Fort Madison | June 12, 2014

I love my new CAR!! Staff treated me great. Wil be back again the next time I am in the market. Great people!!!!

Worst car I've driven in a while

by Blake from Dallas | June 11, 2014

I was visiting family for a few months in Houston and rented one of these. It was bad from the get-go. Underpowered to the point I thought I'd die every time I merged. Felt cheap and looked cheap. Had rattles already in a 2014 model. It didn't feel tight at all. Radio was cheap. I ended up switching to a Malibu after 2 weeks. A better car but not great. I was happy to get back home to my regular car. I appreciated it after the Cruze. What a junker!