2014 Chevrolet Cruze

Starting MSRP

Overall

unbelievable ride

by reluctant buyer from calumet city, il | September 12, 2014

i had already made up my mind that i wanted a malibu or impala, but had limited funds. i could however afford a brand new cruze with all the extras i wanted. after searching numerous dealer for a used malibu or impala, someone finally talked me into test driving a new cruze and THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING. i loved the ride and everything else about it! i bought that cruze and have been happier with it than any other car i've owned in my 55 years.

TERRIBLE BUILD

by KJ from | September 3, 2014

I bought a 2012 Cruze. 3 weeks ago - battery went out - a week later - sensor went out and now this week drums are defective.. I had a 06 corolla during my high school and college years over 100K miles and all I changed was my oil and regular brake pads. I wonder why? I will never purchase another american car.

Dependable,reliable,gas saving

by Ms.Brown from Atlanta | August 24, 2014

I had challenged credit and nobody would approve me. Called Joe and his great team for a car solution. He worked his magic and got me in the right car with the right payment that I needed. Thank you Maxi Price Chevrolet.

2014 Cruise 1LT Automatic

by Move from Detroit, MI | August 14, 2014

I got the car as a loaner from a Chevy dealership and drove it for two days. I was surprised to know the car is quite peppy and responsive. The car had a 1.8 L engine. So, the 1.4 L turbo engine would be even better. The car is tuned for younger drivers living their 20s and 30s. The only complaint I had is a hard seat. The car had the base seats, so, premium seats may be better, though. Overall, for younger drivers, it's a competitive product for money, styling, and driving fun.

Love This Car

by New Chevy Owner from Park Forest, Illinois | August 11, 2014

I had a wonderful experience purchasing my new Cruze. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Everyone made me feel welcome. I especially liked having Bluetooth already in the vehicle. I can't wait to explore all the great information and entertainment I will get from having satellite radio. I was surprised by the smooth ride. This vehicle also has a lot more air bags than my old one and that makes me feel safer. I can also plug in several of my devices at once for use or charging. Definitely a plus. All in all a great vehicle and I would highly recommend it.

time for a change

by fun to drive from Rhode Island | August 8, 2014

Chevy Cruze RS, very sporty looking. Rented previously. Electronic steering made for easy steering. great on gas. all windows toll operated. hidden exhaust pipe. nice extra features. dresses it up. great wheels. awesome looking. last chevy 55.

don't buy if you have sensitive skin!

by granny from boston ma | August 5, 2014

Overall, it was a nice rental - a/c worked great, cd player and radio were great, trunk was a really good size for a smaller car, nice spaces in the door sides for drinks, etc. however, the upholstery was terrible. every time I turned around (from front passenger seat) to get something in the rear seat, my elbow rubbed against the harsh fabric of my seat and left an abrasion on my elbow. Yes, I am short (5'2") and that is the source of my other complaint. The front passenger airbag does not work if you sit on a pillow or cushion which I prefer to do so as to see well through the windshield. the front passenger airbag will work only if the passenger is seated directly on the seat, not on a cushion or pillow. I have no idea whether this is related to the pressure on the seat or to body heat, but it is undeniably a no-no for me for purchasing this vehicle. if you are fairly tall and don't need a cushion, it would be no problem. one other problem that I heard from the driver was the poor vision when looking back out the back side windows (to back up). one other complaint from the driver was that the steering wheel is not very adjustable and comes very close to hitting knees.

Every Chevy been the greatest

by SueBee from Hour west of Philadelphia | August 3, 2014

From the Lumina, the Impala and now the Cruze, Chevy has delivered for me. No nonsense expense! I replaced a 14 year old Impala with more than 150,000 miles because thus far it had cost me little more than brakes and tires and did not expect that to continue forever(!). I am a Realtor and drive a car hard.

Chevy Cruze has some good, some not so good points

by Muffy from Calgary | July 29, 2014

This is a nice looking, sporty, four-door sedan. I'm tall, so I had to do a lot of adjusting of the seat, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. These are all manual, and the controls feel cheap, like they're going to break. The driver's seat adjusts down and back when you push down on the lever. To adjust it up and forward, you have to get out of the car. There's a lever under the front of the seat to adjust forward and back, and another lever - which is really too far back - very hard to get at, to adjust the tilt of the back of the seat. Once adjusted, the front seats are very comfortable. The steeling wheel tilts only a small amount up and down, but it does adjust forward and back, so I was able to pull it closer to me (long legs, short arms). I had to spend a significant amount of time adjusting the seats. I found that I had to adjust them so that my head is as far up as is possible. If I adjusted it too low, I could hardly see well enough to park. Speaking of being able to see, the view out of the rear view mirror is excellent, and the side mirrors would have been great except that for some reason, they're almost triangle shaped, and don't have enough mirror on the top outside part, so you don't get the best possible view. In addition, when backing up in this car, it's EXTREMELY hard to see. The driver's peripheral vision is blocked almost entirely. When turning my head to the left to see behind the car, I can see ANYTHING. I have to rely completely on the mirrors, and there are HUGE blind spots. I've driven quite a number of cars, and this one is noticeably worse for blind spots than any others. When driving this car, a person needs to be extra careful when backing up and when changing lanes. The inside of the car is nicely designed for the most part. As I mentioned, it's comfortable, although not all that roomy. The car has a lot of neat features, including hands-free calling via on-star (if activated), which can be activated from the steering wheel, so you don't have to reach around for it. I really would have liked it if the screen for the radio would have been angled slightly toward the driver, as it's sometimes difficult to see. Also, this car's radio has the tinest volume control knob that I've seen since the 1970s. It's rediculously small. The car has an automatic transmission, but does have a nice feature of manual. There's no clutch, but you can use the manual gear to gear up and down (to a point - the car actually doesn't allow you to gear up or down to the point that you'd wreck the engine). So that's a nice feature. The car handles well. The steering has good responsiveness. It's good on curves, has good acceleration and good braking. Overall, this seems like a decent car. I can't give it full marks, however, mainly because of the poor visibility it has when trying to look to the rear sides of the vehicle.

Best Car Ever!

by Cruzer from Edison, NJ | July 21, 2014

This car is so me! I just got the 2013 LTZ with Nav and RS package; for a great price. It's the candy apple red with black interior and looks awesome inside and out! It runs very solid like and corners great. The Turbo makes it zippy. Couldn't be happier :)