2005 Chevrolet Equinox

19 city / 25 hwy

Overall

GM-blown head gaskets

by Father from Indiana Evansville | June 21, 2014

2005 chevy equinox I traded my honda civic to get this & 2 days later with only 103,000 miles on they're telling me blown head gasket, after getting online I c I'm not the only 1.. How can so many people have exact same problem & GM not have 2 do somethng about it..I have 2 little girls, I raise with no help from their mother & I'm 6 hours from my closest family member I rely on having my own vehicle for work & getting kids everywhere.. I'm disgusted with GM, I've always been a GM fan & can't believe with so many people having exact same issue they'd screw consumers like this

Very Good Value

by Chris from Connecticut | March 31, 2014

Purchased LT new in 2004...reaching 10 year mark with 110,000 miles...solid performer...great for back and forth to college with my daughter...sliding back seat great addition...mileage good...performance good...dependable and decent looking

2005 Equinox

by Buyer from Canton, Ohio | February 23, 2014

Very happy with my purchase from PV Used Car Lot, the dealer met me on a Sunday at 6pm, had the vehicle last minute repaired before I arrived so that I could test drive the vehicle. Offered me a very reasonable offer and went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy with my purchase. I recommend this dealer to everyone!

Love this car!!!

by SUV Enthusiast from New Albany, OH | October 13, 2013

I had a 2005 Equinox LT for 4 years. It was the best car I have ever owned! I have had no really serious problems with this car. Had to replace the CD player in it, not a big deal. Got the same exact style and it works just fine. Very comfortable car. I have been told by a few people that it is more comfortable than a Trailblazer. Backseat is very spacious. I have never felt cramped in this car. It handles very well in the snow. Never got stuck. I have moved with this vehicle and it would fit quite a bit of boxes. I got anywhere between 19-23 mpg. It all depends on how you take care of your car. The only reason I don't have it anymore is because it got totaled. But it is a very reliable car!!!!

Luv our Equinox

by Family Time from Newport Beach, CA. | September 12, 2013

Our 05 Equinox just hit 100,000 and its running great, the only thing ive ever had to do was breakes, tires and oil changes, recently I had to replace front ABS sensors, $565. not bad for 100k miles and 8 years, looking forward to the next chevy suv, getting close and daughters going to collage next year, and guess what? she gets the 2005 Equinox lol oh did I mention looks as good as it did when it was on show room floor.

good suv

by nice from state college | September 5, 2013

i have 80,000 miles on it and the only thing that it has had to have replaced is the fuel pump but its a great car

Very good SUV

by FCB from Erie, pa | July 20, 2013

Bought this SUV in 2009 with 42,000 on it. have 105,000 on it and it has been a really nice car. Get 21 MPG in mixed driving (AWD) and as much as 26 MPG on highway. My neighbor has one with 219,000 on it. My wife says this is her favorite car we have owned. Good in snow, no issues with sunroof, and nice leather interior. The one complaint I would have is the turning radius.

Great car... For 3 years

by Small business owner from Dayton, OH | April 21, 2013

This car was FANTASTIC for about 3 years, we purchased it in '08 getting ready for our newborn son, had only 44K miles on it. It only averages around 18mpg, and it was mostly highway. Drove like a dream until we hit 90K, THEN: 1: Needed new computer (warranted) 2: 3 new from right bearings (2 warranted through 2.5 years tota) 3: New steering rack (warranted) 4: Rear ABS sensors (warranted) We just sneaked in those warranted repairs before the 100K expiry, THEN: 125K: 1: New front suspension (expected) 2: New front steering control arms (guess this wasn't part of the new steering rack) 3: Terrible vibration in steering at 40-50mph (never could figure out) 4: Hard ABS fault, rear speed sensor After 2.5K in new tires, suspension, control arms, and a "diagnostic test" for ABS fault that never came to anything, it was time to cut and run. DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL YEAR, EVER!!!! Much happier in my '09 Honda Fit getting about 14 more mpg :)

Great experience for an out of town buyer

by First time buyer on my own from Marlboro NJ | December 17, 2012

This SUV fits my needs perfectly. I purchased this from MB Motorsports in Tinton Falls NJ and they are a very reliable dealership with excellent sales persons. George Marshall was fantastic with an out of town buyer like I was. PUt me at ease and answered all questions. The vehicle is a good buy at the price and mileage and has become a valuable means of transportation for me and my son.

wouldnotrecommend

by Q from lasvegasnv | August 27, 2012

tootoomanyblindspots consoledesignterrible.ie verysmallstoragecompartment--havetoliftuptoaccessadd'lopenstorageandeverythingshifts. doeshavegoodpickupandbrakeslasvegas

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Equinox