2006 Chevrolet Equinox

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Available in 4 styles:  2006 Chevrolet Equinox FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Best vehicle I've owned to date!

by Cat from Pennsylvania | June 25, 2014

I own a 2006 Chevy equinox. I wasn't crazy about the color but the price was right. I think it had 14,000 miles when I purchased it. I now have 173,000 and it's still going. I hope it lasts another 30,000. Just love it, drives great in all weather conditions. I've put very little money into this vehicle outside of normal wear and tear.

Equinox LT AWD gets 10 stars**********

by Wicked from 44094 | December 18, 2012

This is the first SUV I have ever owned. I made the right choice! My Equinox LT ooks and drives lgreat- happy happy. I just cant believe how great this SUV is. The Equinox is the Queen of SUV's. Great Styling, purrs,beautiful black amethyst metalique paint, Super interior with heated seats, mp3 player, great speakers, drives smooth and just is wonderful. Equinox thumbs UP + 10 stars********** :))

Mostly great

by Infrequent Buyer from Nebraska | September 4, 2012

As noted in several other reviews, the cup holders are in a very awkward spot for the front seat. Also, our moon roof leaked in a very hard rain, but not in a car wash - we think motor to close it is wearing out. Otherwise, I can't say enough - nice styling, solid-feeling. I went from a car to this SUV & had no trouble transitioning to something that sits higher but is basically as long as my car was. Black shows dirt so don't over-wash it or you can damage your clear coat - I use Macguiar's Detailer & it looks sparkly w/no damage. Gets as many or more compliments as a co-worker with a 2011 Equinox - main differences seem to be electronic, which didn't matter a bunch to me. LOVE my 'new' wheels!

best car ive owned so far

by heavy chevy from | July 16, 2012

I love this car but the cd player does not work and its kind of a gas guzzler but its roomy and i needed that for my extending family

Overall - A great crossover vehicle!

by Chevy Fanatic from Wisconsin | May 9, 2012

This vehicle can basically go anywhere. It handles well in all kinds of weather. It's roomy interior has lots of leg room.

Poor choice

by killeremtb from Oxford,Ia | March 1, 2012

I bout my suv in 2010. I purchased it with 50k miles on it. I paid 1400 dollars to have the heat fixed. Their is a small door that breaks in the dash by the firewall. They have to tear out all of the dash down to the firewall to fix it. Then the engine blew at 102k and is costing me 2k. The seats stain easy.

New car

by Thatdude from Philly | January 2, 2012

The car is pretty good. Steering in not that great. Few mileage is just average. Cabin takes in alot of wind when on the highway.

Great vehicle

by Tech Guy from | July 12, 2011

Really enjoyed my Equinox. Powerful engine but a fuel sipper. Great for a growing family without upgrading to a minivan.

Big love for the equinox.

by Small SUV Lover from Columbia Heights, DC | May 26, 2011

Chevy's Equinox has a ton of room on the inside, both for storage and for leg room for both front and back passengers. All that with out being a beast in overall size; it's very 'city friendly.'

Best Kept Secret for Chevy

by 2006 NJ Driver from West Orange, NJ | May 7, 2011

I am following up on the vehicle I have had since 2008, I bought for 10,500 with 32k miles on it with no trade in. Was not sure how it would hold up, but now I have 60,000 miles on it and I can state the following, Still have original brakes, tires and just replaced wiper blades. Drive the vehicle from NJ to South Florida over 5 times, never a sputter or rattle in the car. That's saying something for a Chevy. Engine is quiet, oil is changed every 3,000 miles. Window controls, yes awkward, interior, get leather, fabric stains too easily and forget about stains coming out. I am almost 6 foot, and still plenty of room for legs and comfortable back support, do love the adjustable manual seat for height. Very surprised Chevy had that in the car. Many vehicles I see on Cars.com, have close to 200,000 miles on the Equinox, so happy with the choice and with 22 mpg to boot and is extremely easy to get onto highways fast. A great overall vehicle, with the reclining back seat backs and adjustable seat in the back, Again, another secret Chevy I did not know about. Very versatile and this car/suv should last a good long time. I will definitely buy the new redesign, looks like a Lexus. The resale for this vehicle is holding up like any foreign car, so very happy with my purchase.

Featured Services for this Chevrolet Equinox