2006 Chevrolet Equinox

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Chevrolet Equinox FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Made it to 240K with very few problems

by Mickey from Boise Idaho | January 7, 2016

Purchased my Equinox 2wd in 2007 with 20K on it. I am a ford person and went from an Explorer that I loved. I am now getting ready call it quits with 240K and sad to see it go. The motor and tranny are still going strong. Mine is just the 2wd it has been great on nasty roads. As you can guess I am a commuter and have put it to the test. Most repairs were basic maintenance, EXCEPT for the door that switches the thermostat from hot to cold. The part was only 25.00 but the labor was right around 1000.00. It is a known problem but Chevy didn't seem to want to recall it. To access the door you have to tear apart the dash which takes between 8 &10 hrs. Now the heater core is out, and once again the dash will have to be taken apart to fix it (book says 6 - 8 hrs. of labor) to access a 75.00 part. Will I buy another one? I’m not sure yet. If Chevy would have made parts easier to access, or at least recalled the door, I would in a heartbeat."

Best vehicle I've owned to date!

by Cat from Pennsylvania | June 25, 2014

I own a 2006 Chevy equinox. I wasn't crazy about the color but the price was right. I think it had 14,000 miles when I purchased it. I now have 173,000 and it's still going. I hope it lasts another 30,000. Just love it, drives great in all weather conditions. I've put very little money into this vehicle outside of normal wear and tear.

Equinox LT AWD gets 10 stars**********

by Wicked from 44094 | December 18, 2012

This is the first SUV I have ever owned. I made the right choice! My Equinox LT ooks and drives lgreat- happy happy. I just cant believe how great this SUV is. The Equinox is the Queen of SUV's. Great Styling, purrs,beautiful black amethyst metalique paint, Super interior with heated seats, mp3 player, great speakers, drives smooth and just is wonderful. Equinox thumbs UP + 10 stars********** :))

Mostly great

by Infrequent Buyer from Nebraska | September 4, 2012

As noted in several other reviews, the cup holders are in a very awkward spot for the front seat. Also, our moon roof leaked in a very hard rain, but not in a car wash - we think motor to close it is wearing out. Otherwise, I can't say enough - nice styling, solid-feeling. I went from a car to this SUV & had no trouble transitioning to something that sits higher but is basically as long as my car was. Black shows dirt so don't over-wash it or you can damage your clear coat - I use Macguiar's Detailer & it looks sparkly w/no damage. Gets as many or more compliments as a co-worker with a 2011 Equinox - main differences seem to be electronic, which didn't matter a bunch to me. LOVE my 'new' wheels!

best car ive owned so far

by heavy chevy from | July 16, 2012

I love this car but the cd player does not work and its kind of a gas guzzler but its roomy and i needed that for my extending family

Overall - A great crossover vehicle!

by Chevy Fanatic from Wisconsin | May 9, 2012

This vehicle can basically go anywhere. It handles well in all kinds of weather. It's roomy interior has lots of leg room.

Poor choice

by killeremtb from Oxford,Ia | March 1, 2012

I bout my suv in 2010. I purchased it with 50k miles on it. I paid 1400 dollars to have the heat fixed. Their is a small door that breaks in the dash by the firewall. They have to tear out all of the dash down to the firewall to fix it. Then the engine blew at 102k and is costing me 2k. The seats stain easy.

New car

by Thatdude from Philly | January 2, 2012

The car is pretty good. Steering in not that great. Few mileage is just average. Cabin takes in alot of wind when on the highway.

Great vehicle

by Tech Guy from | July 12, 2011

Really enjoyed my Equinox. Powerful engine but a fuel sipper. Great for a growing family without upgrading to a minivan.

Big love for the equinox.

by Small SUV Lover from Columbia Heights, DC | May 26, 2011

Chevy's Equinox has a ton of room on the inside, both for storage and for leg room for both front and back passengers. All that with out being a beast in overall size; it's very 'city friendly.'