2008 Chevrolet Equinox

16–17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Good Car for the money

by So-IL from Cave In Rock, IL | August 12, 2014

We purchased our 2008 Chevy Equinox in 2010. Fell in love with it, good manuverability, fun to drive. Had to get used to the road noise and bumpy ride, but on a smooth highway it wasn't bad. Our car was very reliable until this year. We first noticed the heater wasn't working so well then we started hearing water gushing in the fire wall, then it started getting hot. At 107,000 miles we ended up having to get the head gasket replaced. So far it's been working great. There must be a glitch in the 3.4 liter engine, because we also had to replace the head gasket in our Chevy Impala with the same size engine. All in all, it's has a nice looking style and reliability.

LOVE my equinox

by Pinkzebrastripes from To | March 15, 2014

I'm a Chevy fan but this was one vehicle I wasn't enthuist to buy. I didn't think I would enjoy an equinox but I love it. The seats are super comfy, ride is quiet, it drives very smooth, plenty of leg room in front and back, great gas mileage when compared to my old blazer, plenty of cargo space and it is easy to maneuver in traffic. I'm not sure if all models comes stock with a pioneer stereo system but the stock pioneer system in mine is great. I love the little things like the adjustable back row seat. You can easily slide it forward or back for more leg room or more cargo. It also has moveable luggage rack to suit your need. It also has plenty of cupholders, 1 in the middle of the front seats, 2 pull out of the console, 2 pull out of the back of the console, and 2 built in to the back arm rest. The back seats and the front passé gender also fold down flat if you need to haul anything long. The only thing that I do not like is the fact there is no bluetooth. It is equipped with onstar but the dealer can not install bluetooth. I have to with with an aftermarket product. Even though it gets great gas mileage compared to my old blazer, I do with it got the gas mileage of the 10 or newer model.

Okay for the price

by Should have gotten the Traverse from Chester, VA | February 25, 2014

The nice looking exterior and the great price make up for the uncomfortable seats. The seats sit lower than in most SUV cars even at the highest adjustable setting. There are few perks. Leather and heated seats would be nice. The window controls are oddly placed. That being said it is not bad, if you just want a good car at a good price.

Equinox Sort

by Chris from Beaver, Pa | August 5, 2013

Nice mix of power and fuel economy. I've only had it a few weeks but I love the room and power and in around town driving between 35 and 45 mph I'm getting over 18 mpg.

My 2008 Equinox

by chevy owner from Connecticut | November 28, 2011

I bought this SUV 3 years used and have had it for a little over two months. I did alot of research before finally deciding on this SUV. I feel I made the right choice for my budget. It's roomy and has a good sized cargo area. It runs great and I'm excited to see how it performs this winter in CT!

08 sport

by brunnieo from El Dorado, AR | October 27, 2011

Me and my wife got our 08 Equinox sport about 3 months ago and we love it!!!!! I read up on the suv or crossover that everyone was puttin out and this one just caught our eyes and trust me it does other eye's as well. Couldn't really afford a brand new one so got an 08. This thing will fly and just preforms like a sport car. Its fully loaded and i love to drive it. Very comfortable on highway. We did lose alittle gas milage comin from a HHR witch was a very nice smaller ride. I just love my gm's. The equinox is very roomy and very nice lookin.

Not bad, but not great

by Number One from North central Ohio | October 21, 2011

After months of looking could not find an SUV we really liked. AWD is a must for us. This one handles fairly good and feels secure. Power and mpg really suffers using A.C. Electric P.S. much better than earlier years. Electric accelerator is much too sensitive. Transmission shifts well and it tows a large utility trailer easily. Interior is stark and window and lock controls are poorly located. Several repairs in under 50k under the warranty. Overall not bad, works and looks nice and has more brawn than the 4 cylinder competition.

very cool and fast car.

by Lead foot from | August 30, 2011

I love my car, the only thing is that it doesn't have a hanger holder in it. But overall it is a cute and perfect car for me.

best car i have ever owned love it!!

by chevy from indiana | July 27, 2011

i had been looking at the equinox for a few years and kept saying i really want one of those..last Feb i got one!! i was so happy..it rides great love it on the highway..has get up and go..i hope i have it for a long time it is a 2008 and one of the big things i also love is having the onstar..just love it!!!

love it!

by Goldienox1 from boston,ma | April 12, 2011

took a bit to get used to the size but now I love it. The back seat moving up to lengthen the back is very useful. I volunteer at animal shelter, so far the has been nothing I couldn't fit in this car, Bales of hay, dog/cat crates,wood. Top that off with comfy seats lots of leg room front and back and an awsome radio for long rides. Glad I bought it.